2014 THS Rules discussion

A majority didn't rule against it either. It was a tie. There was no rule set up for a tie. Can't make up one now that says a tie is a fail.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I see what your saying, I thought you had to have the majority for a change, any change, or else it didn't go through.

I see what your saying, I thought you had to have the majority for a change, any change, or else it didn't go through.
It can go anyway. If the presidential election is a tie, it goes to Congress. The incumbent doesn't automatically win.

If the Senate is voting on a bill and they tie, the vp is the tie breaker. The bill just doesn't fail.

Last edited:
What about, anyone that wants their vote to count double, throws in $100 per extra vote to a pot where the winner will be from a random drawing of 11.99 or faster qualifier with their car in the elim staging lanes under its own power at BG 2014 right before elims start? If you get 10+ guys to throw in, I bet the car count will be nice for the side action, win/win.

Hell make it all legal any gm trans along with any gm rear ends as long as it uses stock location mounting hard ware . It has no advantage it heavier and it's cheap ..........

That is everyone's attitude till your getting your A$$ handed to you trying to run a more so street cars against race cars.

No advantage is thrown around more on this site its almost laughable. Race parts that are of no advantage, why buy them in the first place?

You'd get a 400 because it is cheaper. I don't think a Ford rearend fits the argument because it costs the same, if not more, to build than a 8.5.
The rear race parts are the fiberglass stuff. Bumpers say for off road use only.

That is everyone's attitude till your getting your A$$ handed to you trying to run a more so street cars against race cars.

No advantage is thrown around more on this site its almost laughable. Race parts that are of no advantage, why buy them in the first place?
You think you can beat The Doc or Shawn with a 400 in your car?

Ok guys there is a new trans rule vote thread stemming from your suggestions.

There is absolutely no reason to slap 100lbs on something that does not affect hp or et. Especially something that didn't lose in the original vote!!

I assuming a no vote means no weight added and trans is allowed. Still don't think it should even be voted on.

U can pull the boat behind the car!! With a 400 but not the 200 ;)

I don't think my car is going to fit this class, to much wrong with it. I am bailing on this project.

correct me if I am wrong, but a 400 can weight 20lbs lighter with less rotating mass and get more hp to the wheels when done right, so yes there are advantages more than just this isn,t there?

If I understand correctly yes means 400 with 100lbs weight
no means no 400 allowed

I sorry I have no place here but it is funny!! I pulled a/c off. No chance for ths for shure now.