2016 TAI rules

1. Leave rules alone
2. Make 3550 minimum weight
3. 3550 iron 3650 aluminum

Thank you

I have a question....what was the weight of these cars from the factory with Air Cond and the average amount of extras...?

This was my first year in TAI and what attracted me was that it didnt seem to be catered to anyone or their build. I had a great time even though I spent all week working on the car, wish I had more time talking with you guys. If the intent is truly trying get more people involved then leave the rules alone being few and simple. With that said I dont understand how people are having trouble getting the weight down. I have a a true 8.50 NHRA certified car (full cage) with iorn heads that has all stock panels, astro roof, all glasss, the only weight savings for me was fiberglass bumpers,hood, and race seat yet I still had to add a bunch of weight. As far as iron heads go you dont need to be rocket scientist to figure out that there is a huge advantage to having ported aluminum heads. The thing that sticks out in my mind is that I didnt see anyone blow away the field. So why complicate the rules? It will only drive others away. This was the first turbo class I have been involved in that seemed like it was more about having a good time than anything. Hopefully this doesnt turn into a soap opera it will only ruin the class.

I have a question....what was the weight of these cars from the factory with Air Cond and the average amount of extras...?
I believe 3350 to 3400lbs depending on options

I remember this from my registration for the GN when having to tag it... Check it out an see

Last edited:
This was my first year in TAI and what attracted me was that it didnt seem to be catered to anyone or their build. I had a great time even though I spent all week working on the car, wish I had more time talking with you guys. If the intent is truly trying get more people involved then leave the rules alone being few and simple. With that said I dont understand how people are having trouble getting the weight down. I have a a true 8.50 NHRA certified car (full cage) with iorn heads that has all stock panels, astro roof, all glasss, the only weight savings for me was fiberglass bumpers,hood, and race seat yet I still had to add a bunch of weight. As far as iron heads go you dont need to be rocket scientist to figure out that there is a huge advantage to having ported aluminum heads. The thing that sticks out in my mind is that I didnt see anyone blow away the field. So why complicate the rules? It will only drive others away. This was the first turbo class I have been involved in that seemed like it was more about having a good time than anything. Hopefully this doesnt turn into a soap opera it will only ruin the class.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!!!
A vote was asked for, as has been done in the past thanks for ur support of the BEST CLASS THERE IS!!!

My stock 87 GN w TTops (power seat/elec windows, CS2 and spare installed) was 3510 with half a tank and no driver.

The little things add up, like nylon bolts for the license plate. nylon bolts for the air dams to bumper...

I believe 3350 to 3400lbs depending on options

I remember this from my registration for the GN when having to tag it... Check it out an see
Where did you get these figures? I weighed my car at Richard Clarks with scales that are pretty accurate.....my car weighed in at 3557 (no driver) without the spare and jack, Sub box removed, and the aluminum wheels were on the car.

Bryan

From my registration for the car... I'll take a pic... Here in Fla taxes are done by weigh

Katech sells titanium 12x1.5mm lug nuts. Saves 1.5 lbs for 20 of them over stock. I was going to use them for the Zo6, but never got around to it. $6.99 each though, which is cheap for titanium.

Honestly the wipers came off because they wouldn't fit on the new hood and that was OK with me

JD, everyone that has cast a vote we need to know exactly who they are and if they participated in the race in the last three years. If you cannot verify this then their vote does not count so you need to stay on top of this thing