2019 TAI rules changes / amendments... ALL TAI racers look inside!!

What should the minimum fill up requirement be for race day??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOUR NAME IS LISTED HERE IN THIS THREAD!!!

Here are a list of the current rules:

1. 109 block or equivalant such as production 4.1 (no stage / aluminum blocks)
2. Any 3 bolt turbo
3. Minimum Weight with driver 3450 (iron heads), 3550 (Aluminum heads)
4. Non inter-cooled cars are allowed the use of Ethanol blended fuels (No Racegas)
5. Must fill up with 10 gallons of 93 octane pump gas on race day before eliminations (Ethanol cars excluded)
6. 1/8th mile
7. Pro Tree with courtesy staging enforced

This has been the backbone of this class for many years... The reason that there is so much participation is due to not having many rules IMHO. There have been a few mentions to one of the rules to help further the integrity of the class. The rule up for amendment is Rule #5. As verified by Richard Clark the factory Turbo Regal gas tank has a capacity of 18 gallons

With that being said if you participated in TAI in 2017 & 2018 you are eligible for a vote..... As it stands now unless someone is missing the voters are:

Highlighted names are votes that have been cast:

JACK D.
PATRICK B.
PATRICK R.
CLINT A.
CRAIG A
RON B.
MELISSA M.
BRYAN L.
TOM M.
JASON G.

BRANDON B.
JOHN M.

If anyone is missing from the above list please let me know. We will use a majority vote to amend results... We would like to have an open-minded discussion as to why OR why not

(IF ANYONE WANTS TO PROPOSE ANOTHER AMENDMENT / CHANGE PLEASE PM ME)

Last edited:
There was a 75 mm turbo rule on number 2. The reason for 75 is it didn't exist and eliminated clarification to not allow 76+ turbo's. Yes on the 3 bolt.
Just wanted to throw that in..

Just to doing the math, and depending on what / whose calculator you use, if 10 gallons is +/- 62.5# - 63#, then the choices work out like this.

13 gallons : 81.25# - 81.899#
14 gallons: 87.5# - 88.2#
15 gallons: 93.75# - 94.5#

Just throwing it out there.
Lucky 14 for me.

-Patrick-

AC and wipers on all cars :)

I don't have an enclosed trailer to be bringing extra things to the track to drain fuel. I surely don't want to be running that low on fuel at the track and risk damage to the engine by going lean due to fuel cavitation. Just my thoughts... I do understand the integrity of the class though.

Bryan

AC and wipers on all cars :)

I don't have an enclosed trailer to be bringing extra things to the track to drain fuel. I surely don't want to be running that low on fuel at the track and risk damage to the engine by going lean due to fuel cavitation. Just my thoughts... I do understand the integrity of the class though.

Bryan
Several of us have ways to evacuate the tank Bryan... Don't let that stop you... I had to do my mine and my dads Sat morning.

There was a 75 mm turbo rule on number 2. The reason for 75 is it didn't exist and eliminated clarification to not allow 76+ turbo's. Yes on the 3 bolt.
Just wanted to throw that in..

We can put that up for a vote as well however without turbo plugs it would be hard to police

My Weldon 1100 with top loading half inch pickup doesn't like it when there's less than 5 gallons in my tank, it starts getting air from time to time driving from the track to the gas station for the 10 gallon fillup. That said, on Sat morning fillup for racing, I topped it off well more than 10 gallons. Wish I could have made it racing the past few years, I got some scores to settle lol!

My Weldon 1100 with top loading half inch pickup doesn't like it when there's less than 5 gallons in my tank, it starts getting air from time to time driving from the track to the gas station for the 10 gallon fillup. That said, on Sat morning fillup for racing, I topped it off well more than 10 gallons. Wish I could have made it racing the past few years, I got some scores to settle lol!
You have NC to smack some people around....

Clint, how about the option to leave it at 10 gallons where its been at added to the poll.

2. Any 3 bolt turbo
4. Non inter-cooled cars are allowed the use of Ethanol blended fuels (No Racegas)
5. Must fill up with 10 gallons of 93 octane pump gas on race day before eliminations (Ethanol cars excluded)
6. 1/8th mile

This has been the backbone of this class for many years... The reason that there is so much participation is due to not having many rules IMHO. There have been a few mentions to one of the rules to help further the integrity of the class. The rule up for amendment is Rule #5. As verified by Richard Clark the factory Turbo Regal gas tank has a capacity of 18 gallons

With that being said if you participated in TAI in 2017 & 2018 you are eligible for a vote..... As it stands now unless someone is missing the voters are:

JACK D.
PATRICK B.
PATRICK R.
CLINT A.
CRAIG A.
RON B.
TOM R.
MELISSA M.
BRYAN L.
TOM M.
JASON G.
BRANDON B.
JOHN M.

If anyone is missing from the above list please let me know. We will use a majority vote to amend results... We would like to have an open-minded discussion as to why OR why not

Clint you forgot to add my name on the list- I participated in TAI 2017 and 2018 in NC. I would like to have a weight break for race gas and Alky

Haulz A

Ron, you voted to remain the same. What was your thought process as to why you would not want the change.

FYI.... there was an oversight on my part regarding an option for no change to rule number 5. If you have already voted and you originally wanted to vote for no change, please go in and make the changes to your vote...... again if anybody wants to vote on something else please bring it to everyone's attention so we can collectively talk about it

Tom M. here. I think 13 gallons is adequate. I think I put 16 gallons in mine at the pump. I pumped it low the night before as my sender isn't registering properly, and want sure how much was in there.

Voting has been reset due to the no change option not being on the ballot AND those voting that are not listed above... Please recast your vote

Last edited:
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOUR NAME IS LISTED HERE IN THIS THREAD!!!

2. Any 3 bolt turbo
6. 1/8th mile

Highlighted names are votes that have been cast:

JACK D.
PATRICK B.
PATRICK R.
CLINT A.

CRAIG A.
RON B.
TOM R.
MELISSA M.
BRYAN L.
TOM M.
JASON G.
BRANDON B.
JOHN M.

Ron, you voted to remain the same. What was your thought process as to why you would not want the change.
MY THOUGHT WAS THAT IT HAS BEEN THE SAME,,WHY CHANGE BUT I REALLY DONT CARE EITHER WAY,,I WILL BE LEGAL REGARDLESS TO WHAT RULES YOU CHANGE,

MY THOUGHT WAS THAT IT HAS BEEN THE SAME,,WHY CHANGE BUT I REALLY DONT CARE EITHER WAY,,I WILL BE LEGAL REGARDLESS TO WHAT RULES YOU CHANGE,
CLINT WHAT WAS YOUR THOUGHT FOR CHANGING IT????IF I KNEW THAT I MAY THINK DIFFERENT,,,MUST BE A REASON BECAUSE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME

It wasn't JUST ME RON..... This was talked about with several racers and since this was the case it was decided to be put to a vote. 1/4 mile and full tree HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME, however WE as a group put it up for a vote when the others were changed...

It wasn't JUST ME RON..... This was talked about with several racers and since this was the case it was decided to be put to a vote. 1/4 mile and full tree HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME, however WE as a group put it up for a vote when the others were changed...
I never heard anything about it but like I said it is what it is,,,,let me know results,