You can type here any text you want

212/212 comp cam review

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
has any one used the 212/212 comp cam? reviews please

are you talking about the hydraulic flat tappet? if so.. it's a good cam.

I do like the 206-206 cam better though for spool up on a street car.

Ive used it. If you plan on trapping under 125mph you should use a smaller cam.

I do like the 206-206 cam better though for spool up on a street car.

If the tune and the converter was right there would not be a noticeable difference in spool between the two. 206 is a better choice for a car that will trap 125mph or less. If any part of the combo isnt maximized it doesnt really matter what cam is in there.

Used it. did 127 with no tune for sale cheap!! Got only few miles on it went to stroker roller combo.

212/212 roller has een in the 9's in a full weight car. I have 1 in my beater TTA it idles good an runs on top. Still beaking the engine in. no time

If any part of the combo isnt maximized it doesnt really matter what cam is in there.

yup !! thats the bottom line guys just don't understand .. We liked the 212/212 (139+) .. The 206 is great also (125/127) from what I remember :cool:

Ive used it. If you plan on trapping under 125mph you should use a smaller cam.

I do personally know of 3 cars with 206 flat tappets that were consistent 129mph cars with te63's earlier this decade. Did it without too much stress.

My experience was on flat tappets. The 212 isnt much bigger at all but was at the tipping point of where a restalled d5 didnt' work. Where as the 206 had no problems spooling a T64 with just a restalled d5 - and felt spunkier no matter what converter/turbo was on the car. Of course if the poster has more converter then the doors are wide open on cams.

As always,I totally agree though, the tune, goals, and combo matter more than anything. it's all what the owner does with his/her parts right?

I do personally know of 3 cars with 206 flat tappets that were consistent 129mph cars with te63's earlier this decade. Did it without too much stress.

My experience was on flat tappets. The 212 isnt much bigger at all but was at

John Crawford runs 140mph with a 206 roller and a p trim turbo. If you have a GTQ or larger ex and a good converter id go with the 212 if you want to make it easier. The 206 will get it done but you need a super converter and a tall tire. Taller than most DR's to keep it in the powerband at the top of 3rd

Back