275/60-15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets.... Will they fit/rub?

HouTX87

I picked up a used pair of 275/60-15 et streets and I'm planning to put them on the stock wheels for track use only. I know they're kinda wide for the factory 7" wheels but hoping I can get by using them temporarily. The car is also lowered 1" with eibach springs but I have air bags on both sides in the rear. If necessary I could swap the stock rear springs back in. Should I expect some rubbing issues? I refuse to roll the lips.

on some cars they rub, others no rub. you'll have to put them on to know for sure.

mine rubbed :(

I have a set of 275/60/15 M/T Radial Pros on my car, on stock GN wheels right now.. I have a 3/8" spacer on both sides and they dont rub unless I hit a hard bump. I put a set of air bags on it to eliminate that.

Attachments

• my Buick.jpg
    my Buick.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 349
Mine rubbed, even with rolled lips, until I changed out the old worn control arms, sway bar, and bushings.

The narrow wheel tends to swell the tire and create a fat sidewall which made 255s rub on mine. Went to 10" wheel and 275s do not rub, go figure..................check backspace 3 1/2" to 4" seems best.

N
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1385163539.410357.jpg

No issues .. With a 2" drop springs.. On 8"weld rims

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the same tire, but on 10in wheels and had a little rubbage on the fender lips when going over expansion joints and bumps. Didn't want to roll the fenders, so I just added a few #'s to the bags and no more rub. Agree with above, some do and some don't. Mostly due to how well the rear end is centered and the age of the suspension parts.

Regards,
Johnimage.jpg image.jpg

I run them on my one inch lowered GN, with a 8" wide wheel (4 1/8" BS). At first they rubbed. Found out why and what to do about it. Posted all the details here.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-87-gn-cruise-air-10-55-et-21-mpg.370097/#post-2946882

Mike Barnard

Excellent info. Thanks! I've gotten them mounted on the stock wheels but won't have a chance to bolt them on the car until this weekend. I also have eibach springs and bilstein shocks all around so we'll see what happens I might be ordering some adjustable upper control arms soon.

First off, Mike I love That car real nice to look at.... Mine rubbed, then I called Scot and put that complete Ridetech kit in and now I went to 295's M/T on 17s and rides great....rear end 003.JPG

I have 275-50-15 on 8 in rim, and clears ok, but is very close on the outside,
rolled lip and it would clear great,
but I am using nitto 555R.

Attachments

• We4  rims 014cc.jpg
    We4 rims 014cc.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 206
Mine rubbed until I updated the rear control arms...old rotted bushings seem to give way to more side to side movement.

I ran them on my stock rims and 15x8 aluma stars with 4" bs . no rubbing with either set up

Attachments

• stuff 055.jpg
    stuff 055.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 271
  • stuff 107.jpg
    stuff 107.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 270
  • stuff 168.jpg
    stuff 168.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 258