You can type here any text you want

275/60 15 on eibach lowered car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

see subject line...just curious...looks like they wouldn't clear, but I know the 275/60 is actually narrower than the 275/40 17 I have on there now. I'm getting a set of 15s front and rear for the track. I know I can roll the 275/50 without a problem, but would like some tire height. My 17s would bite off the line on the transbrake then spin real hard, then hook again. still got a 1.8-1.9 60ft...but I'd like her to bite. I tried 4-10 psi on the t-brake. All same result. I figured I need some sidewall.

Mark what about a 4.5 backspace,,,as it seems that all the 8 inch wheels that catch my eye are 4.5 bs

No way would 4.5" work on my car. The tires are pretty close to the frame rail as it is with the 4" backspacing. Now, I have a Currie Ford 9" rear in my car that is SUPPOSED to be the same width as the stock rear but not sure if it is or not. Was on the car when I bought it and didn't get the stock rear with it.

On the Wheels and Tires thread alot have 4.75 BS on the rears with 17's I was of the same opinion as jdpolzin. If 4 is close 4.5 should work but don't go past 4.75

275/60/15 MTs, pretty sure he runs Eibachs all around. The Weld wheels have a different backspace than mine . Mine are 4" backspace on the passenger side They rubbed very little on the top of the wheelwell .I want to run some Eibachs on mine also .Maybe Nick will chime in here?

I have used 4.5" BS on 4 of my cars with 275. I do use aluminum drums which do push the wheel out a hair short of 3/8". I have had plenty of clearence to the frame rail.

So a 15x8 with a 4.5"BS on a stock rearend with 275/60/15's Nitto's 555DR should fit and not rub correct???

Couple threads on this right now in this very forum. Key is a 15 x 8 wheel with a 4" backspace. STILL, some wheelwell trimming or rolling will be necessary.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/301723-tallest-tire-fit-2-drop.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/289865-total-suspension-build.html

The 275/60 has more section width than the 275/50.

They will fit but HOW they fit depends on several factors. IE - tucked in under the car or the "bronco billy" look.

Either way, you'll be doing some trimming and/or rolling as Mark states.

nah...I think a 275/50 is wider than a 60...no offense intended...just thought maybe I misread or a typo. It's late. LOL.

A 275/60 has a wider SECTION width not TREAD Width. Actually, the tread width is close to the same as well depending on how you measure it. The tread on a 50 series is flatter while the 60 series is more rounded. There is no standard among tire manufacturers for measuring tread widths anyway. There is a significant difference in the SECTION width between the two which is what you really have to worry about getting under the car.

Trust me............http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/289865-total-suspension-build.html

alright...I'm going after a 15x8 with a 4.5bs then...I have a fbody spacer I can use to kick it out an 1/8th if need be.

A 4.5" BS will more than likely put a 275/60 tire into the frame rail unless you have a notch. Most use a 4" BS on an 8" wheel and still have to massage the lip and/or trim.

That's what I have 15x8 -4'' backspace tight to the frame but still needed a massage to the lip. I guess every car is different?

Back