280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Any idea if this pump is e85 friendly?... What I thought was my trans slipping/driving through the converter turned out to be me only getting 53lbs of fuel pressure from my walbro. This is at 21lbs of boost... this may also explain why I was never able to get a solid tune on pump gas even at 15lbs!

Im kinda excited to see what the car will feel like when it's getting enough fuel... funny thing is I have yet to see any major knock when running a 50/50 e85 mixture even without enough fuel!

I bet it is.
I read somehwere that anything after 1985 for sure is E-85 compatible.(DON'T QUOTE ME ON THE YEAR!;) )
Well, these pumps are fairly new, and I am sure the Supra guys and other newer Totota's run E-85 on this pump.
Bottom line is: I don't know for sure, but I bet $$ they are. :cool:
E-85 is not as "bad and corrosive" as once thought. :cool:

I have run 75% 93, 25% E85 mix so far.
I guess we'll see; but like Jerryl posted the 10% alcohol mix started in the mid west long ago.

Sounds like this will be going in my car as well then. I was going to convert to 100% E85, but the weakbro is killing that dream right now! Im only shooting for high 11s, so I figure Im good with my 60's and this pump!

Anyone buy the Denso 950-0155 pump off eBay, seller: siverturbo?

YES,

I have one in my car now. My pressure gauge is messed up (will not go above 40PSI - due to some of the liquid hardening up), so I have not seen the pressures yet. Have you installed yours?

Mike

Just a reminder to those valued customers who have purchased our new harness that they were shipped without the manuals in order to get them out to people who wanted them ASAP. I will try to have some simple point-form info out by Monday to prevent any confusion. I suspect that the people who have purchased this harness have advanced skills so there should be few problems if any. :wink:

This harness was designed to be compatible with the G75 AND G77 senders.
  1. If you have a G75 sender you will use the supplied violet wire and plug it directly into the level sender.
  2. If you have a G77 sender you will remove the violet wire from the Racetronix harness (using the paper clip) and insert the factory (bonded) violet lever sender wire into the black connector.
  3. The factory metal clip can be removed by using a small flat blade screwdriver to gently pry it off working it from side to side.
  4. Clean the metal surface for a good o-ring seal and apply some of the supplied silicon grease to the metal surface and the new o-ring.
  5. Be careful to note the direction of the Racetronix bulkhead connector before putting on the new clip b/c it is a one-way trip.
  6. A small deep socket can be used to press on the new clip while supporting the yellow connector underneath so it sits flat.
  7. Make sure that the bulkhead clip is fully seated. If it is not the yellow connector will sit lopsided.
If anybody would like to submit pictures of the completed installation with the Denso pump please feel free to contact support@racetronix.com.

Thanks

Jack :cool:

Where is this new harness on your web site?

Where is this new harness on your web site?

I do not believe it is on there. You need to contact them via email and let them know you are wanting to purchase tha turbo Buick fuel pump/sending unit bulkhead harness. They will send you a Paypal link to pay for it with shipping included.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Supra Forum Link

Any idea if this pump is e85 friendly?... What I thought was my trans slipping/driving through the converter turned out to be me only getting 53lbs of fuel pressure from my walbro. This is at 21lbs of boost... this may also explain why I was never able to get a solid tune on pump gas even at 15lbs!

Im kinda excited to see what the car will feel like when it's getting enough fuel... funny thing is I have yet to see any major knock when running a 50/50 e85 mixture even without enough fuel!

Hey, go spend some time on the Supra Forum and see what they are doing as it relates to e85. I am sure there is something else to be learned from those Supra guys.

Supraforums.com

So you think the factory harness is adequate.

I put this pump in my car a month or so ago and have maybe 100 miles on it when it quit working yesterday for no apparent reason. I dropped the tank today and found this disaster. The pump is fine but the OE harness is shot. Didn't I see a thread that Racetronix sells and upgrade harness??

Attachments

• Burnt fuel pump harness 001.jpg
    Burnt fuel pump harness 001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 503
  • Burnt fuel pump harness 003.jpg
    Burnt fuel pump harness 003.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Burnt fuel pump harness 004.jpg
    Burnt fuel pump harness 004.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 493
I put this pump in my car a month or so ago and have maybe 100 miles on it when it quit working yesterday for no apparent reason. I dropped the tank today and found this disaster. The pump is fine but the OE harness is shot. Didn't I see a thread that Racetronix sells and upgrade harness??

That sucks. At least it didnt catch on fire or anything like that.

Thats alittle too close for comfort!! :eek: That could have been very baddd.....

Scot W.

Below is a diagram of how to by-pass the small 14-16 ga wiring that runs to the pump.
Even if a hot wire kit is installed a 24 inch run of that thin wire is there from the hotwire connector to the pump. That just increases electrical resistance and IMO insufficient.
I added 10 ga from the hot wire relay directly to the pump it requires slight mod of the hanger to get the wires in but no big deal. This also adds a heavy ground directly from the pump to the body and leaves the very small factory ground which is needed for the fuel level sender anyway.

That factory wiring is too thin. Resistance=Heat
I wish folks heeded my suggestion.

Attachments

• line diagram.jpg
    line diagram.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 471
That factory wiring is too thin. Resistance=Heat
I wish folks heeded my suggestion.

How do you keep the sender seal intact if you run a wire through the top of it? Rubber grommets and/or sealant will not work. The bulkhead connector assembly is certified pressure tested. Our G7x-BCA has upgraded wiring which runs from the sender connector to the new bulkhead connector.

How do you keep the sender seal intact if you run a wire through the top of it? Rubber grommets and/or sealant will not work. The bulkhead connector assembly is certified pressure tested. Our G7x-BCA has upgraded wiring which runs from the sender connector to the new bulkhead connector.

I sent you an email about this wiring harness.