280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

87GN_70GS, the Supra TT pump at the same voltage never pumps less than the Weakbro and from 70psi on it OWNS the 255/340/341 etc. I've posted a bunch of charts about the Denso and not one showed the Weakbro ever having more volume at any point with the same volts.

BTW the Ebay guy is borrowing Jeff Lucius's ( 3000GT Enthusiast ) flow graph that he put together to help out those guys years ago. Little did he know people are banking off his time and that the GN crowd would be using it to validate bailing on the Weakbro.

The HKS pump is a Skyline pump and like the Skyline, everything is WAY overpriced. At $330 I'd rather buy two Denso's at $155 from the Ebay guy and run them intank and external and massacre it in volume.

Nice job Racetronix on stepping up and helping out the community. It's insane how many members still post about what to do about their dead 340 and we now have a plug and play beast to take the thrown. :cool:

87GN_70GS, the Supra TT pump at the same voltage never pumps less than the Weakbro and from 70psi on it OWNS the 255/340/341 etc. I've posted a bunch of charts about the Denso and not one showed the Weakbro ever having more volume at any point with the same volts.

BTW the Ebay guy is borrowing Jeff Lucius's ( 3000GT Enthusiast ) flow graph that he put together to help out those guys years ago. Little did he know people are banking off his time and that the GN crowd would be using it to validate bailing on the Weakbro.

The HKS pump is a Skyline pump and like the Skyline, everything is WAY overpriced. At $330 I'd rather buy two Denso's at $155 from the Ebay guy and run them intank and external and massacre it in volume.

Nice job Racetronix on stepping up and helping out the community. It's insane how many members still post about what to do about their dead 340 and we now have a plug and play beast to take the thrown. :cool:

X2 !!!
GREAT summary! :cool:

Hmm. This chart shows the Denso being OWNED by the Weakbro from 68 psi up at 13.5v. So I'm not sure where you get that statement. And at 16.5v (not realistic I know) the Weakbro OWNS the Denso at 60 psi and from 86 psi and up.

Stealth 316 - Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide

Attachments

• flowtest-densowalbro.jpg
    flowtest-densowalbro.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,216
By the time you reach 70 PSI the race is over.
I'd be willing to bet that the Denso would reach 70 psi faster than the Walbro anyway.
According to those charts the Denso is approx. 10-15 lph higher at 13.5v from 35-60 psi; adequate fueling down low IMO is what will determine if a run/WOT blast, etc is aborted or not.

At full boost in the first 3 seconds, all that should matter is 60psi+ pressure to keep the 1:1 ratio. I agree on having good flow under 60psi, but if it can't keep up once you are in boost, it don't matter....

At full boost in the first 3 seconds, all that should matter is 60psi+ pressure to keep the 1:1 ratio. I agree on having good flow under 60psi, but if it can't keep up once you are in boost, it don't matter....

Your saying the Denso cant keep up from 60-70 psi?
According to the chart that is where the two pumps even out.
Please look at the chart closely.

it looks like the typical buick running alky and 24 psi would be fine. It should be around 60-64 psi at WOT and they are so close at that point it isn't gonna make a difference. The supra pump looks pretty good below that point as well.

OK we have the new harnesses done and tested.
It will be compatible with the Denso in-tank pump the SPI, G77 and G75 factory senders.
The manual is in the works but we can probably start to ship these first and post the manual as a link or on a forum.

The part number will be G7X-UBITWH @ $30.00.

It is compatible with the Racetronix and other HW harnesses.

I would like to order a one,how should i get a hold of you?

Thanks Quip...

Do you know if they are able to be ordered yet? My pump should be here any day, and I want to get it ordered ASAP.

Mike

Ordered mine Monday and it is on the way... But the part number they referenced was B7X-BCA. I contacted customer service via email and I did not have the part number due to this server was being changed out (I guess that is what was occurring).

Needless to say, I hope it is what I am needing. I am quite anxious to install this puppy and try it out.

By the way, where is a good source to buy stainless worm hose clamps at?

Mike

Just a reminder to those valued customers who have purchased our new harness that they were shipped without the manuals in order to get them out to people who wanted them ASAP. I will try to have some simple point-form info out by Monday to prevent any confusion. I suspect that the people who have purchased this harness have advanced skills so there should be few problems if any. :wink:

This harness was designed to be compatible with the G75 AND G77 senders.
  1. If you have a G75 sender you will use the supplied violet wire and plug it directly into the level sender.
  2. If you have a G77 sender you will remove the violet wire from the Racetronix harness (using the paper clip) and insert the factory (bonded) violet lever sender wire into the black connector.
  3. The factory metal clip can be removed by using a small flat blade screwdriver to gently pry it off working it from side to side.
  4. Clean the metal surface for a good o-ring seal and apply some of the supplied silicon grease to the metal surface and the new o-ring.
  5. Be careful to note the direction of the Racetronix bulkhead connector before putting on the new clip b/c it is a one-way trip.
  6. A small deep socket can be used to press on the new clip while supporting the yellow connector underneath so it sits flat.
  7. Make sure that the bulkhead clip is fully seated. If it is not the yellow connector will sit lopsided.
If anybody would like to submit pictures of the completed installation with the Denso pump please feel free to contact support@racetronix.com.

Thanks

Jack :cool:

Thanks Racetronix...

Mine is supposed to be here on the 17th. I do not know if I will be able to get to it right away, but if so, I will take pictures and send them if nobody else has been able to.

Mike

500 mile update

Well so far i have a little over 500 miles on this pump and I went to some open road and flogged her a few times.
1:1 PSI fuel/boost
no KR.
Not that i was expecting any problems but I am going slowly turning up the wick with the new trans and recent rebuild.
I will raise the boost and put more miles and give another update maybe even be able to visit the track.
Its nice while at the rear bumper with the car running you dont hear that characteristic Walbro Zzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Reds

Kick ass, I was talking about this pump as it's stronger than the Walbro and since it's a Denso, most likely a very dependable pump.

Great write up, I wish it didn't need the tweak for the tank lip but seems like everything else is pretty straight forward aside from the terminals. It's more expensive but until Walbro figures out what's up it's well worth it insurance wise.

This pump was $203 at Sparkplugs.com for those interested.
Sparkplugs.com - Cross Reference Search Results

Has anybody that has Red's pump having the same problem. Sorry in advance if this has already been ask. I know he does is own mods.

Any idea if this pump is e85 friendly?... What I thought was my trans slipping/driving through the converter turned out to be me only getting 53lbs of fuel pressure from my walbro. This is at 21lbs of boost... this may also explain why I was never able to get a solid tune on pump gas even at 15lbs!

Im kinda excited to see what the car will feel like when it's getting enough fuel... funny thing is I have yet to see any major knock when running a 50/50 e85 mixture even without enough fuel!