280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

when you put the sock on make sure to put the retaining clip on it from the plastic bag.its very small and would be easy to lose if your not looking for it. plus the sock comes of easy without it

The pump will sit on top of the hanger. I cut a small piece out of the hanger so the sock would hang below it and the pump have a chair to sit on like the factory.

It's straight forward and there isn't a real need to swap out any wires, just pop it in and tune. If Racetronix is going to offer a plug and play kit great, but it's only drawing 16 amps at WOT and most of us aren't WOT for that long anyways. ;)

Very interesting thread. I bought my walbro pump and hotwire kit back in 05 and have had no issues with it whatsoever.

I have read that a single pump set up without alky is good for up to around124 mph trap speeds, I think???

Just wonder how far these pumps can be pushed. Anyone know??? Seems much cheaper than going with a double pumper setup. Especially if it could support say 135 mph???

Very interesting thread. I bought my walbro pump and hotwire kit back in 05 and have had no issues with it whatsoever.

I have read that a single pump set up without alky is good for up to around124 mph trap speeds, I think???

Just wonder how far these pumps can be pushed. Anyone know??? Seems much cheaper than going with a double pumper setup. Especially if it could support say 135 mph???

I was told about 500HP @ the crank is all a 255 will support.

That's likely a real Walbro 340 for 255lph available then--without/prior to the problems of the current Walbro 255lph, F'in...169 pump...:mad:

I bet that's it. I just figured bigger was positive. I started, stopped and got interrupted too many times. That's about the best excuse I can come up with, except my bad eye sight and dyslexia.

I always spray some WD40 in the pump inlet, whenever I install a pump.
This is just my paranoia to "run the pump dry and damage something". :eek:

Hope the pump is still ok since it ran backwards and “dry”.
Most likely it is, but, again, just my own paranoia. ;)

Pump is working. How high should my fuel pressure go to at wot? I still have some other issues I'm trying to figure out.

I was told about 500HP @ the crank is all a 255 will support.

Well I could be wrong, and it certainly would not be the first time. BUT every horsepower calculator that I have checked online has stated that my Walbro was supporting anywhere from 552-638 HP at the crank. Obviosly that depends on which calculator you use and based on the times in my sig and it being a full weight car with nothing done for weight removal.

But my question was how much HP could one of these Denso pumps support?

Sorry for the confusion.

Weakbro when pumping 1:1 at 13.5 volts pumps out 208LPH at 70psi.
Denso 280 which more frequently pumps 1:1 at 13.5 is 232LPH at 70psi.

You'll make at least 11% more power and the Denso doesn't fall off as fast after 70psi like the Walbro's do. The Denso has much more potential, especially if you stick more volts to it.

If Racetronix is going to offer a plug and play kit great, but it's only drawing 16 amps at WOT and most of us aren't WOT for that long anyways. ;)

Yes, they are in production now. The kit will include a NEW bulkhead connector assembly and upgraded wire. The factory molded assembly is generally old / crusty and the wire is on the small side. There will be a new 14Ga. Teflon in-tank wiring harness with lugs for the Denso pump and redundant grounds. This install kit will cost about $30.00 more because of the added and upgraded parts. The entire package will remove ALL of the factory wiring used to supply the pump so people can sleep better at night. :D

Yes, they are in production now. The kit will include a NEW bulkhead connector assembly and upgraded wire. The factory molded assembly is generally old / crusty and the wire is on the small side. There will be a new 14Ga. Teflon in-tank wiring harness with lugs for the Denso pump and redundant grounds. This install kit will cost about $30.00 more because of the added and upgraded parts. The entire package will remove ALL of the factory wiring used to supply the pump so people can sleep better at night. :D

sounds awesome... whats the estimated price for this and eta on kits.... will it be ready for XMas:biggrin: :biggrin:

These are a few pictures of install. I did use a side cutters and cut the opening at bottom for fuel sock so it would set lower. One picture shows the clamp at an angle on top of pump since is it lower than other install. I was able to get between the housing for the float housing and the metal fuel line. That is shown in the other picture with the clamp lower. (Had to pry it just a hair). I also used side cutters to cut a little off of the float shaft sticking out of the housing. It was a tight fit but it went in. My sock could go a little more toward the float. I think it bends up just a little from hitting side of the fuel reservoir.

Attachments

• IMG_6994.JPG
    IMG_6994.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_6995.JPG
    IMG_6995.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6996.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_6997.JPG
    IMG_6997.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 667
Pump is working. How high should my fuel pressure go to at wot? I still have some other issues I'm trying to figure out.

Mike, it seems no one gave you an answer on this--so here's the scoop
,,,you need # for # fuel pressure increase over base FP for each # boost you're running,,,so---

If your base FP is 42# (typical--line-off), then you should have 67# FP @ 25# boost, for example (line-on,,,FP gauge taped to windshield)...If only 20# boost, then you should see 62# on your opetating FP gauge...

Monte

I've got actual readings and more info in my thread "popping and misfire when under boost."
When I put vacuum back on regulator it goes down to 36 pounds and tops out at 54.

did 2 wot blast an the pressure was right on.time to turn up the wick and do some tuning . been driving it some to make sure the pressure stays up lol im paranoid. i also cut the bottom out for the sock to sit down into the bracket more.

did 2 wot blast an the pressure was right on.time to turn up the wick and do some tuning . been driving it some to make sure the pressure stays up lol im paranoid. i also cut the bottom out for the sock to sit down into the bracket more.

Kingots,

Did you put a Denso on?

If so, where did you get it? And what is the part number of it if you have it available?

I just ordered one from the seller on Ebay and am awaiting it to be delivered.

Same with you Mike... It seems like your pump is either bad or you have another fuel problem.

Mike

Got mine from aiverturbo on ebay. About $156 shipped. Pretty fast shipping. I switched my wires and it ran for 5-10 seconds for about 6 attempts running dry (backwards).