You can type here any text you want

295's fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I run the MT 295s SS on my drag truck they improved my 60' the only down side is they are not available in the pro series DR.......yet? They look great on your car!

I run the MT 295s SS on my drag truck they improved my 60' the only down side is they are not available in the pro series DR.......yet? They look great on your car!
Thanks , yeah that's what I'm looking for is to be able to hit the launch with more boost and maybe go through the traps at a little lower rpm . These tall tires are like changing my rear end ratio from 3.42 to 3.23 .

Last edited:
Sam, what are the wheel specs? Am considering them for the LST car...

Chuck , There is only one size for the front 15x3 , the rear wheels are 15x10 4" backspace . The rearend was 57.75" wide from the face of the drum , the narrowed 3" to 54.75" . I only moved the lower control arm mounts in 1" to avoid interference with my HR bar forward mounting point . The backing plate and LCA mount are almost touching , but I needed that little extra room . This is why I measured and drew diagrams & measured again , and it all came together in the end .

Dayuum. Nice. So frame notch and narrowed rear? How deep is the notch?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Dayuum. Nice. So frame notch and narrowed rear? How deep is the notch?

It's flush with the deepest part of the wheel tub and I used 1/4" plate steel . I also had to make it longer from the original notch , I had to extend it closer to the rear body mount to clear the 30" tall tires . All the " high spots " in the wheel tub were " smoothed " with a sledge hammer . You don't have to swing as hard with a bigger hammer . LOL

Chuck , There is only one size for the front 15x3 , the rear wheels are 15x10 4" backspace . The rearend was 57.75" wide from the face of the drum , the narrowed 3" to 54.75" . I only moved the lower control arm mounts in 1" to avoid interference with my HR bar forward mounting point . The backing plate and LCA mount are almost touching , but I needed that little extra room . This is why I measured and drew diagrams & measured again , and it all came together in the end .

Sam, thanks for the reply.
I have 9.5 x 15's w/ 4.5BS on the car, now. Lip is rolled, and the frame is notched.
I have the LS turbo/4L80E combo, w/ a stock width Quick 9". 275/60/15 TA's aren't going to "survive", for long.:D
I may start w/ the 295's, and see how that works.
I need to start a tire "escrow fund"! :rolleyes:

Sam, thanks for the reply.
I have 9.5 x 15's w/ 4.5BS on the car, now. Lip is rolled, and the frame is notched.
I have the LS turbo/4L80E combo, w/ a stock width Quick 9". 275/60/15 TA's aren't going to "survive", for long.:D
I may start w/ the 295's, and see how that works.
I need to start a tire "escrow fund"! [emoji57]

The 295/65’s May be my next tire. Please keep us informed if you try the 65’s or 55’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got them both on today , going for a ride tomorrow. There is no room to spare in any direction.

20180225_122512.jpg
20180225_122453.jpg

Attachments

• 20180225_122512.jpg
    20180225_122512.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 45
Looks great. Whats the details on the front suspension?

Global West upper & lower control arms , 2" drop spindles , Hotchkis 1" lowering springs , Wilwood 6 piston calipers with 12' rotors , & Champion Billet 15x3.5 wheels with MT Sportsman S/R 26x6 R 15

Looks great. What are the specs on your wheels? Rolled fenders? Notch? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deep notch, massaged wheel wells and rolled lips. The height of the 295/65s cause a lot of interference. Wheels are 15x10 5.5 bs.

Deep notch, massaged wheel wells and rolled lips. The height of the 295/65s cause a lot of interference. Wheels are 15x10 5.5 bs.
We both ended up the same , your 15x10 5.5" bs & stock width rearend , placed the tire the same as my 15x10 4"bs & rearend narrowed 1.5" each side . It's all about taking accurate measurements .
Rob , your car convinced me I could make it fit . (y)

Back