3.8 Buick long block..."fresh"....

.020 over...

there are still alot of un answered questions. Is that a steel crank in there? specs on the machine work, rod and main journal size? who did the machine work? etc.... I'm just looking, but seens like a good deal so these questions answered would help sell for sure.

it would have been sold sooner if you were not so reserved with information. maybe future sales, you will include more info. have a good weekend.:wink:

it would have been sold sooner if you were not so reserved with information. maybe future sales, you will include more info. have a good weekend.:wink:

Bob is not a Buick guy that’s why he wasn’t able to give accurate information. All the work was done by his son who moved out of state so Bob had no info to share. I went to look at it yesterday and took it home.

What caught my attention was the crank; you can tell it’s not a stock crank just by looking at the picture. I was pretty certain it was a steel crank. After talking to Bob over the phone, I found out that I know Bobs’ son. I know where he worked and all the machine work should be in order. I will double check everything any way.
I was expecting a Chinese crank but to my surprise it has a 3.625 stroker crank in it and from all the stamping on it, it looks like a Bryant crank, the experts tell me it’s that is the best it gets. At least 1500-2k. The journals are standard. The rods are stock but they so polished that they look like billet rods. Pistons are J& E and heads are ported with big valves. I drove home with ear to ear smile. I am glad I was the first one out there to look at and make the deal.

It was a pleasure meeting you Bob and thanks for a great deal.:smile:

Now I just got to figure out what I am going to do with it.:biggrin:

Prasad