You can type here any text you want

3.8 into a 78 malibu HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sweet tooth racing

just bought the malibu and i’ve had my t-type for a while, the body of the t-type is gaining rust by the day so im going to swap drivetrain so i can fully restore it. to any of you guys that did this swap already guide me in the motor mounts. is there a kit or custom fabbed? as far as the ecm im planning on running a holley efi setup. just wants some thoughts and reviews from ppl thats done this already.this will most likely evolve into a racecar honestly so im not worried about the dash and stuff. i have a TH350 setup for it.. also should i be worried about engine bay space for the intercooler and stuff? also what about the rear end... im just trying to be pepared for what going to popup. HELP

Last edited:
Use the frame mounts from t-type and make note of location on t-type. Malibu frame will have hole location already in frame. Just need copy location on Malibu frame for 3.8. Will have room for stock type intercooler.

Use the frame mounts from t-type and make note of location on t-type. Malibu frame will have hole location already in frame. Just need copy location on Malibu frame for 3.8. Will have room for stock type intercooler.

i have a aftermarket front mount air to air.

I put a 200r4 in my Monte Carlo. I like to drive the car a lot on the highway, so OD was a must for me.

Back