You can type here any text you want

3" exaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I used to have the Torque Tech on my old 85 without the tailpipes and it was heavy but sounded good and flowed very well.

other than being able to brag about your 3" tailpipes, what benefit is there to be found by putting a pair of 3" pipes behind a single 3" downpipe?

other than being able to brag about your 3" tailpipes, what benefit is there to be found by putting a pair of 3" pipes behind a single 3" downpipe?

I guess the more air in the more air out theory.. 2.5 would work just fine but if you wanna go 3" i believe full throttle has a few as well as kirbans?? not real sure if they have one but they should.. i run 3" and my 1/4 mile did not change at all from 2.5 with cutout to 3" w/wo cutout. save $ go with 2.5 and its easier to keep from rattling.:D

Got me thinking

Ok I have a 84 Hot Air, anyways I have a 3" down pipe and it just dumps out under the passenger side. Well it is load as hell. I mean it sounds cool and really mean, but you can hardly here the turbo spool up.

I have been looking to just get a complete exhaust system, but a full 3" system is very expesive. Would putting a 2 1/2 inch setup with dual pipes effect anything at all??

Ok I have a 84 Hot Air, anyways I have a 3" down pipe and it just dumps out under the passenger side. Well it is load as hell. I mean it sounds cool and really mean, but you can hardly here the turbo spool up.

I have been looking to just get a complete exhaust system, but a full 3" system is very expesive. Would putting a 2 1/2 inch setup with dual pipes effect anything at all??

you will be 100% satisfied and still have money to take your girl out. dont use flowmasters on it

Ok

Yeah I do know not to use flowmasters but thanks for the tip.

I figure a 2 1/2 inch would flow just fine seeing that the over all flow thru the pipes would be 5"

Thanks I just figure it is safer to double chacke then to buy it and be SOL:D

Don't forget Cottons

I just installed Cottons dual 3 inch exhaust. Fit is great and I used Dynomax super turbos. He also has a dual 2.5 system. Great system, Great vendor.

Jeremy

I guess the more air in the more air out theory.. 2.5 would work just fine but if you wanna go 3" i believe full throttle has a few as well as kirbans?? not real sure if they have one but they should.. i run 3" and my 1/4 mile did not change at all from 2.5 with cutout to 3" w/wo cutout. save $ go with 2.5 and its easier to keep from rattling.:D

but you are going from a single down pipe that is usually no bigger than 3", which branches off to dual exhaust after the converter or downpipe. the flow area of a pair of 2.5" pipes is greater than a single 3" pipe, and the farther you get back away from the engine, the cooler the exhaust gets and the less cross sectional area it requires.
so given the single 3" down pipe, what is the benefit of dual 3" pipes after that? i know you probably don't lose any performance, but does a dual 3" cat back kit actually gain anything over a 2.5" dual cat back kit or even a single 3" pipe to the rear?

sorry if anyone takes this personal, but being the poor bastard that i am, i always look at things from a cost/benefit standpoint. from a pure performance standpoint, is it really worth the extra cost, weight, complexity, and hassle to run the big dual pipes? has anyone ever done any objective back to back to back test with different setups and posted the results online?

but you are going from a single down pipe that is usually no bigger than 3", which branches off to dual exhaust after the converter or downpipe. the flow area of a pair of 2.5" pipes is greater than a single 3" pipe, and the farther you get back away from the engine, the cooler the exhaust gets and the less cross sectional area it requires.
so given the single 3" down pipe, what is the benefit of dual 3" pipes after that? i know you probably don't lose any performance, but does a dual 3" cat back kit actually gain anything over a 2.5" dual cat back kit or even a single 3" pipe to the rear?

sorry if anyone takes this personal, but being the poor bastard that i am, i always look at things from a cost/benefit standpoint. from a pure performance standpoint, is it really worth the extra cost, weight, complexity, and hassle to run the big dual pipes? has anyone ever done any objective back to back to back test with different setups and posted the results online?

like yourself i am a poor bastard..if you just run one pipe 3" all the way back you will notice a difference in installing a 2.5" system.. but unless your running a t60 or better would not notice a difference at the track if you had a 2.5 w cutout or 3" w/o cutout.(duals) do the dual exhaust not only does it look better but you have a cat on there and it will flow freely dont waist the money on one pipe... it cost me like 250 for duals with turbos on my stock car but it cost me a pretty penny fro my stainless 3" on my moded car..see my profile for mods

Back