You can type here any text you want

3 pics from BG

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dusty Bradford

Here's a few Black Sheep took from Saturday. There are more from Wednesday and Thursday with a video but there not finished yet.

Attachments

• nats1post.jpg
    nats1post.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 683
Dusty,

Looking good, can't wait until you get the rest out of the combination.

Quiky One said:
Sweet pics. Were you happy how it ran?

Jason

Yes I was. Considering the mild engine combo and no 1/4 experience with the car before BG I was happy with 8.30's. I know it needs some work to make it more air friendly, converter needs some work, possible valve spring change, new intercooler pump to keep inlet temps down and about 150lb of weight reduction. I think it will go 7.90's on radials which is my ultimate goal.

Dusty Bradford said:
Yes I was. Considering the mild engine combo and no 1/4 experience with the car before BG I was happy with 8.30's. I know it needs some work to make it more air friendly, converter needs some work, possible valve spring change, new intercooler pump to keep inlet temps down and about 150lb of weight reduction. I think it will go 7.90's on radials which is my ultimate goal.

I will cry tears of joy when it does! :eek:

Cool pics Dusty! I'm sure you will eventually get your 7.90's out of her with those changes you mentioned... You make it look so easy with the V8, faster than any TSO car on DRs and 250lbs heavier :eek:

86brick said:
Cool pics Dusty! I'm sure you will eventually get your 7.90's out of her with those changes you mentioned... You make it look so easy with the V8, faster than any TSO car on DRs and 250lbs heavier :eek:

2 extra plugs and 100 ci's help out a lot :wink:

Love your car man! Best thing about is it doesn't look like an 8 sec car! :eek:

8.3x's!!! Wholly ****! I hope I can come within .5 of that on a slick!

Dusty, you wouldn't happen to be coming out to Route 66 for the NMRA/NMCA super bowl of street cars at the end of july are you?

When you do go 7.90s on radials, I'll be selling my car and my house, and following you around the country making cash offers!!! ;)

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll do it-

Cliff

turbocliff said:

Dusty, you wouldn't happen to be coming out to Route 66 for the NMRA/NMCA super bowl of street cars at the end of july are you?

When you do go 7.90s on radials, I'll be selling my car and my house, and following you around the country making cash offers!!! ;)

Cliff

Dude,

What is up with your car?
Your set up looked so nice!!!!

Jolly460 said:
Love your car man! Best thing about is it doesn't look like an 8 sec car! :eek:

I won't look like a 7 second car in a couple months either. :eek:
Dusty is the man and one heck of a nice guy to boot!

John Wilde said:
Dude,

What is up with your car?
Your set up looked so nice!!!!

It just isn't running yet, that's all. I'm dropping it off at a friend's shop tomorrow morning to have some tin work completed, some wiring, the brake lines, end then it's start up time! Should be running next weekend!

I'll have over a month to T&T before the NMRA/NMCA event at 66. I plan on running True Street.. hope to make the 30 mile cruise, and hopefully dip into the 8s without poppin the hood... :cool:

When Dusty goes 7s, my christmas wish list is going to include a 91MM turbo, a dart block, and a liquid intercooler...

turbocliff said:

Cliff

I haven't heard anything about the NMRA/NMCA event yet. Sounds interesting though, I'll check into it.

If it goes 7.90's you won't have to follow me around the country. I'll give you my address so you can come pick it up :wink: Then I'll start on the next one so I can go 7.50's......

I was happy with 8.30's but didn't think it was that impressive since it seemed so easy. Then when a NMRA radial guy saw the car and I told him what it ran, the look on his face told me it was impressive :D

The event at 66 would be a great one for you if you're going to be in the area. It is July 27th-30th, and is really two big events in one. The NMRA is racing the NMCA class to class heads up all weekend. I plan on running in the True Street class, which will pair up with the NMRA Wild Street class.. We will go on a 30 mile cruise, come back to the track and make 3 back to back passes with only 15 of cool down between rounds, and no popping the hood... They average the three ETs/ MPHs to determine the winners...

Here's a link to some details: http://www.fasteststreetcar.com/2006/event4/index.html

They are calling it the "Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing" :eek:

It's going to be a VERY big event, and prolly the only event my car makes it to this year. I don't plan to be a top contender, just to have a good time.. Your car on the other hand I think could very easily be Big Trouble for the competition. :D

I've always liked the True Street style classes. Good luck.

I'll look into the race. I'm taking a little while off to try and get some weight off the car and fix a few things I've been putting off. I'd like to be in the 8.10 range or better by the time the end of the year rolls around.

That's what I'm talkn' bout!!!!! Way to go buddy, that's hauling the mail. I hope to see you back in Atlanta for the outlaw race in July.

turbocliff said:
The event at 66 would be a great one for you if you're going to be in the area. It is July 27th-30th, and is really two big events in one. The NMRA is racing the NMCA class to class heads up all weekend. I plan on running in the True Street class, which will pair up with the NMRA Wild Street class.. We will go on a 30 mile cruise, come back to the track and make 3 back to back passes with only 15 of cool down between rounds, and no popping the hood... They average the three ETs/ MPHs to determine the winners...

Here's a link to some details: http://www.fasteststreetcar.com/2006/event4/index.html

They are calling it the "Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing" :eek:

It's going to be a VERY big event, and prolly the only event my car makes it to this year. I don't plan to be a top contender, just to have a good time.. Your car on the other hand I think could very easily be Big Trouble for the competition. :D

You got me interested. Xtreme Street would be my class so I could face off with NMRA radial guys.......Xtreme Street is sponsored by Vortech and turbo's are prohibited :rolleyes:

Allan. It's still up in the air on making the July ORSCA race. I'm trying to save money for car parts and some races I want to make when it gets cooler. If I have to pick my races I'd rather not race in 90+ degree heat and humidity so I'll save and spend some time on the car. Just depends on what I get done by that race.

Back