30psi on boost still no knock

tommynos

worldwide flooring sales
i need another gauge julio?mine only goes to 30psi :biggrin: ...awesome night tonight,all i can say is boost me up...tonight we met at bms with a few tr guys and i ran down the track with julio/razor and with that extra weight,lol,i went 12.6@105 with 26#..with no knock at all..then i opened my exaust cut out and went solo and my car ran like a raped ape..i went 11.91@112 with 30 psi burried and NO knock..i was watching my scanmaster and this trailered out crazy sounding monster of a car right next to me,that i didnt see my boost burried(yes it works right) till 3/4 of the way down the track..once i saw that i was a little scared and let off till it went down to 26#...but still had no knock,i should have kept into it...man that guy next to me was surprised,me too...what a run,i cant wait to get a good 60ft and do more(julio) tuning with this car...this was my 2nd time at the track and 4th pass...this is exactly my steps ive went threw..1st was 13.5,2nd was 13.0,3rd was 12.6,4th was 11.9..all tuned by julios baby steps...man im itchin all ready..thanks again julio i will see you next week for some more baby steps,and some more alky..... ;)

alky control

no doubt proven performance. Congrats man. It was a great with a 1000 lbs of speakers in the back. Richie high psi learned how to launch off green. 134.6 mph in a brick is sick.

You could be running virgin piss for fuel, at 30lbs something on the car will go boom soon.

No problem.. at this rate we'll be in the 8's in no time :D

krom said:
You could be running virgin piss for fuel, at 30lbs something on the car will go boom soon.
i must of had something in my fuel,along with the alky of course...trust me im not running that much boost again,my car is too sweet looking to run over a crank :D ...but a steady 22#exaust closed and 28#exaust open sounds safe to me...if not ill have to put in my race motor sitting here...still unsure if im ready to do that yet,this one has been good to me and seems quick enough..all i know is when i got the car i could not go over like 18# without some knock from the scanmaster,then i put race fuel and got to like 22-23#with very little knock,then after julio put on the alky we went right to 26#with nothing showing and left it,this was the first time i opened the cut-out,and he told me to be carefull that my cars exaust is really restricted and i could overboost..i never thought it would bury it,like i said i was watching the scanmaster and was waiting to see some knock,i never knew i had burried the boost gauge 3/4 of the track...i guess im lucky,but it was pretty cool to just roll up the windows,crank the music and head on down the highway home and not on a tow truck...

tommynos said:
i must of had something in my fuel,along with the alky of course...trust me im not running that much boost again,my car is too sweet looking to run over a crank :D ...but a steady 22#exaust closed and 28#exaust open sounds safe to me...if not ill have to put in my race motor sitting here...still unsure if im ready to do that yet,this one has been good to me and seems quick enough..all i know is when i got the car i could not go over like 18# without some knock from the scanmaster,then i put race fuel and got to like 22-23#with very little knock,then after julio put on the alky we went right to 26#with nothing showing and left it,this was the first time i opened the cut-out,and he told me to be carefull that my cars exaust is really restricted and i could overboost..i never thought it would bury it,like i said i was watching the scanmaster and was waiting to see some knock,i never knew i had burried the boost gauge 3/4 of the track...i guess im lucky,but it was pretty cool to just roll up the windows,crank the music and head on down the highway home and not on a tow truck...
Ive run up to 34lbs with no knock and no special or privileged piss in the tank just meth and 93.

tyrod said:
Ive run up to 34lbs with no knock and no special or privileged piss in the tank just meth and 93.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thursday nite last 100 feet I hit 30 PSI as well.. my line to the boost controller hit the header rear drivers side and melted..

Great... I now have a new target.. 34 PSI :biggrin:

anyone have a 4 bar map laying around :wink:

Razor said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thursday nite last 100 feet I hit 30 PSI as well.. my line to the boost controller hit the header rear drivers side and melted..

Great... I now have a new target.. 34 PSI :biggrin:

anyone have a 4 bar map laying around :wink:

I still want to see you peg a 5 bar map on the fast system :eek: now that would be impressive lol :biggrin:

ttypewe4jim said:
I still want to see you peg a 5 bar map on the fast system :eek: now that would be impressive lol :biggrin:

Jb Weld the gasket, arc weld the head to the block, wrap the motor with ratchet straps.... it may do it.. but not for long :biggrin:

Look at the green line hit 311 kpa.. the 3 bar maxes out at 314 kpa :eek:

No knock.. :wink:

Attachments

• Blown Boost Line.jpg
    Blown Boost Line.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 588
Ive hit 30 psi as well with methanol and 93. I think that 35psi is possible if you can get enough atomized meth in the cylinders.

Razor said:
Jb Weld the gasket, arc weld the head to the block, wrap the motor with ratchet straps.... it may do it.. but not for long :biggrin:

Look at the green line hit 311 kpa.. the 3 bar maxes out at 314 kpa :eek:

No knock.. :wink:
With 23 degrees advance too. Thats damn good. If that ever happened to a non methanol user the engine would be a mess. Another reason to run the meth injection

Bens87tr said:
Tommy,
Whay run 30 psi if it isn't making power? 112 MPH???
making power?i went 112mph letting off 3/4 down the track(if you read it right)..you went 115mph and didnt let off???like i stated im in the begining stages, that was my 4th pass,what was your 4th pass ever at the track with your tr car?..trust me ive been making serious power most of my life with cars and im not too into knowing these yet,but if you can bring your car down a average of 1/2 a second off EVERY pass im making something,if not power id say progress....

30 and more to come

tommynos said:
making power?i went 112mph letting off 3/4 down the track(if you read it right)..you went 115mph and didnt let off???like i stated im in the begining stages, that was my 4th pass,what was your 4th pass ever at the track with your tr car?..trust me ive been making serious power most of my life with cars and im not too into knowing these yet,but if you can bring your car down a average of 1/2 a second off EVERY pass im making something,if not power id say progress....

WERD :biggrin: Tnos has 600 lbs of stereo equip in the car, full bling bling down to the escalade airport headlights, & lifting still ran an 11. GIT R DUN :eek:

My bad. Didn't see the letting off part. I've read a few posts before of people running high boost but not going fast...

Wow thats a ton of boost on pump :eek:

IMO its not worth finding out how far you can push it because 32+psi of cylinder pressure with a touch of real knock is going to send you home in tears. Not worth it just to say you did it, I would for sure add some octane to the mix, a lot of it too and continue to have a great time laying bus lengths on cars at the track. ;)

DR.BOOSTER said:
Wow thats a ton of boost on pump :eek:

IMO its not worth finding out how far you can push it because 32+psi of cylinder pressure with a touch of real knock is going to send you home in tears. Not worth it just to say you did it, I would for sure add some octane to the mix, a lot of it too and continue to have a great time laying bus lengths on cars at the track. ;)
I havent noticed that adding more high octane gas makes it less detonation prone if the alky is done right. Alky has a very, very narrow area where it will detonate, unlike gasoline. There is a benefit if the fuel has more oxygen by weight though (race fuels). Also the burn rate of the fuels will have an effect on the proper timing.

bison said:
With 23 degrees advance too. Thats damn good. If that ever happened to a non methanol user the engine would be a mess. Another reason to run the meth injection

Shhh.. your letting the secret out ;)

How bout that 83 degree IAT :rolleyes:

well as far as hi octane gas goes it works great for my more normal race car,so that was the first thing i did when i got the car and burnt out a hot wired o2 and still never got more that like 22-23 with out knock..i thought that i was screwed untill i saw the alky kit,i really didnt think it was going to make that much of a difference and was not convinced at all,but i had nothing to lose but money...i truly never ever imagined i would be able to just put 93 octane in and run hi boost,just didnt seem possible..but as soon as julio put it on he jumped me up to 26psi and i had no knock,nothing..i truly was baffled,no more $6 a gallon,no more speacial trips with a gas can,nothing at all(i miss the smell..lol..)..to be able to drive around all day and with no sweet smelling gas smell(easy for guys to know your race ready on the road)and still be able to hi-boost at any time is by far the best thing i have ever done and im sure on cam-2 my car would have been screwed when i hit 30psi for sure,so for that alone alky has way paid for itself..and if someone would have told me $1000 for the kit,knowing how much it really helps,i would have paid it with-out blinking a eye...