325/50/15 or 28 10.5??

chub406

hey guys. ive got my frame notched and can fit either one of these. the 28 10.5's fit with 2 inches to spare. i want to put a 325/50/15 under it but cant decide if i should go that far or keep the slicks. what is your guys's oppinion? do i try and just put the biggest tire i can or keep them with lots of clearence? it will be in a 700 rwhp car. going to be driven on the street and taken to the track.

I wanted to go 325/50 myself but didnt want to hack my low mile car up. I would go 325/50. Imo, nothen looks meaner. You will probably need to roll ur lips tho to if u havent already. I was gonna mini tub mine. Probaby gonna be a tight fit 4u.

Post some pics when u mount them.

the guy i got it from cut the lips out and it has tubs. the sidewall side is at its limit for what i want. i do not want to raise the car. i can put almost fringers between the tire and frame. the rim is completely flush with the drum brakes if that helps. then was notched in the middle seam. is that why? just because of the look. imo i do completely agree! its the best looking. i want to know if it is worth the trouble? anything beneficial besides the look?

Well I can tell you my buddies car was a proven low 10 second street car and he had 275/60 MT DR on an 8 inch rim and it looked like velcro. So I dont think u need a tire that big but it does look kool. I would go with something that isn't going to give you a hassle tho.

hey guys. ive got my frame notched and can fit either one of these. the 28 10.5's fit with 2 inches to spare. i want to put a 325/50/15 under it but cant decide if i should go that far or keep the slicks. what is your guys's oppinion? do i try and just put the biggest tire i can or keep them with lots of clearence? it will be in a 700 rwhp car. going to be driven on the street and taken to the track.
We really need more info assuming you want the tire that will make you the quickest. If you want to 60' and 330' better and are running a 200-4R with a 2.76 1st then id go for the taller MT 315/60(?) tire. This is really beneficial to a hydraulic cammed engine. I believe its taller than the 325/50. Either that or the 295/65. If you have a 2.48 1st you could use any of those but definitely the taller tire if possible on a 2.76 1st trans. All this assuming a good converter and you are within the limits of the valvetrain. If the converter is off there is not a tire that will correct it.

its going to be a lsi turbo car. cert to 8.50's. basically i want a 9 sec car that i can hop in and drive on the street. only nice days. cruising around and playing on the street. will have a 4l80. im just talking if its worth it to go to that big of a tire when im thinking the 28. 10.5 would be enough. i like the bigger tire look and the idea of a bigger tire. not worried about brand or type. just size. lol

its going to be a lsi turbo car. cert to 8.50's. basically i want a 9 sec car that i can hop in and drive on the street. only nice days. cruising around and playing on the street. will have a 4l80. im just talking if its worth it to go to that big of a tire when im thinking the 28. 10.5 would be enough. i like the bigger tire look and the idea of a bigger tire. not worried about brand or type. just size. lol
For drag racing go with the tallest widest tire you can get in there and gear the car for the tire. You should be building around the tire. Id go taller before i went wider. Going for looks then just put the widest you can get in there. It is doubtful that it will produce the best et though. Id opt for a low 2 gears in the trans for a t-charged LS also

I wanted to go 325/50 myself but didnt want to hack my low mile car up. I would go 325/50. Imo, nothen looks meaner. You will probably need to roll ur lips tho to if u havent already. I was gonna mini tub mine. Probaby gonna be a tight fit 4u.

Post some pics when u mount them.

I finally put the 325/50 on my car this weekend and I'm pretty happy with them. I had been running the 28x10.5s and was pretty happy with that tire also especially for the power we are putting to it. I ran a bunch of high 1.30's without much effort. I shook the tires once and I'm still playing with tire pressures to find out what they like. They seem to be able to take almost everything I could throw at the slick only difference being the slick can recover better. I have half a frame notch, stock wheel tubs with trimmed wheel lips. 15x10 rims 5"BS and they fit pretty nice. I managed an 8.68@163 and I can hit them a little harder.

:eek: thats sick!
these are the responses i was looking for! lol what rims are they?? i was looking for 5' but all i have seen is 5.5. any pics?? from inside fram to edge of rim on now is 13.3/4 thats fitting in the wheel well. 5.5 might be better for me. not sure. will have to get a set to find out. and new rims. lol i think mine will be more street than that though. lol thanks!

I tried a 325 on my car and think they're too tight. They're at the maximum on the fender lip and could possibly hit and maybe 1/16" off the frame/factory tub.
I'm goin with a 295 instead

:eek: thats sick!
these are the responses i was looking for! lol what rims are they?? i was looking for 5' but all i have seen is 5.5. any pics?? from inside fram to edge of rim on now is 13.3/4 thats fitting in the wheel well. 5.5 might be better for me. not sure. will have to get a set to find out. and new rims. lol i think mine will be more street than that though. lol thanks!

The weld magnums actually measure a little more than 5" BS and that is what I am running. They are close to the lips but not rubbing or any issues. I ahve plenty of room on the frame side and only have the notch back to the C-channel. I would go with a little more BS than needed and use spacers to make it fit.

Chris Do you have any pics of your car with the tires on it.I was looking at it this weekend and it look mean.Thanks,Mike

I just put them on at Norwalk and don't have any pics yet. I have a local event I am running Sunday and will take some and post them up. We actually figured out what was wrong with the car in 1st and 2nd gear and hope to run a little better this weekend.

I just took it off the trailer from Norwalk. Snapped one with the phone. Car is filthy.

Attachments

• n1281186154_443973_6510152.jpg
    n1281186154_443973_6510152.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 347
thanks! now aren't spacers not recommended? thats what ive always thought for high horse power cars?

I didn't need any spacers with the drag radials. With 5/8" studs its not an issue as long as the stud is long enough and sticks through the lug nut far enough. I never ran more than 1/8".

mines got 1/2 studds. i will se when the time comes i guess on whats going to fit and do the best for me. lol i just really dont want to run 275/60/15 got to be bigger than that. lol