You can type here any text you want

"383 in 1997 1/2ton chevy pickup.."

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NoNos38

"Da, Big Chiefie Rat"
Looks like my 350 is just about to give up the fight..:( :(

My plan was to buy a crate 350 from GM when this one went south, but I noticed that GM sells a crate 383 that will hook right up..:D

Just woundering if this would be more of a money pit, than the truck is worth..

Im thinking I would have to up grade injectors, fuelpump, Dont know about ecm?

Anything else you guys can think of?? I think the trannys in these trucks would be able to take the extra hp/tq??

Just woundering if anyone out there has tried this, and if so is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

:cool:

Check out fullsize chevy.com for info.

I put in a 388 in my 89 and am still haveing problems but they will hell, one whole section just for stroker motors

I have an 81 Suburban 4x4 with 8 inches of lift and 35 inch BFG mud terrains. With the stock 350 it didn't have much get up and go so when it finally died I had a 383 built and installed by a local engine builder. Had it built with 9 to 1 compression and edelbrock performer cam, intake and 780 carb. It has headers and he dynoed it and it put out 320 hp at the flywheel with 92 octane gas. I can't remember how much torque. It has some get up and go now. I like the 383 and if anything ever happens to it I will have it rebuilt or another one built.
Tarey D.

Back