You can type here any text you want

4.1 production block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9SECVSIX

Has anyone had good luck boring a 4.1 production block out to 4.020"? "I know sonic test it" I would but am still looking for one. I have a nice set of J&E pistons (4.020") and Carrillo 6.5 rods that will work with a 3.400 crank. GN1-"R" heads and some other parts to help with a 4.1 project.
Thanks
B.

Has anyone had good luck boring a 4.1 production block out to 4.020"? "I know sonic test it" I would but am still looking for one. I have a nice set of J&E pistons (4.020") and Carrillo 6.5 rods that will work with a 3.400 crank. GN1-"R" heads and some other parts to help with a 4.1 project.
Thanks
B.

The most we have pushed them is to .040. You be better off buying new pistons and running as close to STD as possible. Then just sell yur 4.020 pistons to the stage guys!

Mine bored out nice to .040..
Can you feel a 'ridge' at the top of the cyl? they usually are down in the cyl about 1/4-3/8" in the bore.
If you can catch a fingernail on it or feel it definatly, then it should need boring.
Whomever does the work for you, make sure that they chamfer(?) the outer edge so the rings will slide in instead of getting bashed in the bores bending the oil rings or chipping/breaking the other two.

I always cringe when I have to pound the pistons in..

E

Back