4.1 stroker motor & 120# injectors

incharge

Guys I cant seem to get my car to run 20# of boost with e-85 and 120# injectors my power logger says its running lean 11.5 and the duty cycle is 100% at 20# of boost I am using a TT 6.0 chip that has fuel correction and is adding the max 33% more fuel at WOT lucky I am also running Alky injection with Methenol I am running a R/A double pump thru stock fuel lines and a champion fuel rail. is this possible that the 120# are not big enough to support my motor at 20# ??? or is it a fuel volume problem due to the stock lines ? also I noticed that the inlet fitting used on the Champion rail might be to small .. any advice ....

Is your second pump kicking on? 120's on a 4.1 have gone low low 10's at almost 30 pounds of boost no problem with a BIG turbo. Check your hobbs switch to make sure it's working correctly for your second pump.

Whats your mph, I was able to go 132 with a 10.5 afr and 120inj. I also had a weldon2035 pump and -10 line.

Nick, are you still using the t-pro

Make sure cam sensor is set right, it you have a larger than stock cam it may need to be advanced more, and MAF can cause it to.

I have only been testing on the highway with the power logger and I get on it from a roll mid way thru 2nd gear and all the way thru 3rd as 1st gear will just break the tires away with my Drag Radials, the 2nd pump is coming on at 5 psi and the fuel pressure rises with the amount of boost but I have not watched it thru the whole run to see if it dropping off anywhere . my motor is a Stage 2 4.1 stroker (274) with Big flowing heads , 224/224 Solid Roller and a 74 GTQ turbo....

I have only been testing on the highway with the power logger and I get on it from a roll mid way thru 2nd gear and all the way thru 3rd as 1st gear will just break the tires away with my Drag Radials, the 2nd pump is coming on at 5 psi and the fuel pressure rises with the amount of boost but I have not watched it thru the whole run to see if it dropping off anywhere . my motor is a Stage 2 4.1 stroker (274) with Big flowing heads , 224/224 Solid Roller and a 74 GTQ turbo....

Get rid of that pump and stock lines!!!!!!!!!!! You have alot of $$$ under the hood, why take the chance with stock lines and an in tank pump????

Well, all i can say is, cam sensor can cause it, and i had to get a Supra pump which did the job. Also MAF wasn't reading 255 causing it to lean out. Good luck. Now my car has to much fuel, stock lines! My old 340 was burnt up!

what kind of fuel line should I upgrade to ? steel braided with teflon or what? also cold I make a double supra pump in the tank ,as I really dont want an external and a sumped fuel tank.

Do you guys still run the factory sock filter in the tank ?? could that be a restriction ?? What about the stock A/C fuel filter anything that flows better ??

Do you guys still run the factory sock filter in the tank ?? could that be a restriction ?? What about the stock A/C fuel filter anything that flows better ??

External Weldon pump here, with 2 stainless mesh fuel filters(Pre/Post). And no sump welded on the tank. I have a -10 fitting on the bottom of the tank which you can't even see. Why go the cheap route on the fuel system? You probibly have well over 10k in the motor . The fuel system should be #1

Yes your right every bit of 10k but I was just testing e-85 and fiquired that 18 to 20# boost was being safe . I was able to run 20# with 93 and alky with my double pump and stock lines . now I have to decide to to buy a bigger external pump, run bigger lines or just run race gas and forget about E-85 ... however I still have hope as many guys are running 20# or better with E-85 with my same setup so maybe I just have some other issues like a weak fuel pump ,or maybe not enough voltage going to my pumps as I am only getting 12.9 at WOT .

fuelab pump, stainless pre and post filterers, teflon lined stainless braided hose, fuel cell, remote regulator and plenty fittings
approx 1300.00 in my fuel system is a a drop in the bucket compared to replacing a built long block.

Have a -10 fitting on the feed tube and run that the whole way, it will dramatically reduce backpressure in the feed. Considering E85 needs around 28% more volume, don't bother with anything under a -10 with the power you're able to make.

You're not going to be able to fit two Supras, yet. Someone was working on it and that would be a strong and reliable setup. Personally I'd run an 044 externally with your twins and call it a day, if needed after feedline upgrade.

Might need a volt booster or a 200+ amp alternator by the owner of the other board that will give you 14 volts consistently. Hot wire kit and upgraded factory wiring kit would be very helpful too.

You are also running higher C/R so you lose a few psi there compared to the standard 8.5 C/R

You need to know what your fuel pressure is doing when it goes lean. Have someone ride with you to watch the gauge.

fatride can you post some pics of the # 10 fitting on the tank and where you mounted the extrernal pump ?? thanks