-4 180 adapter for fuel pressure guage install

Roc87

11 Second V6
Until last year when I swapped my cowl hood back to the stock hood I had a very long -4 braided hose with female ends on each side, and just routed as best as I could to make it look alright. I am just now getting the fuel pressure gauge bracket put on the stock hood, but I'd like to clean up the look and not have to run such a long braided hose. I've searched Summit, but I can't seem to find a -4 male 180 adapter to -4 female. I know that there has to be something like this, but I can't find it. Anybody know where I can find one? Thanks!

Until last year when I swapped my cowl hood back to the stock hood I had a very long -4 braided hose with female ends on each side, and just routed as best as I could to make it look alright. I am just now getting the fuel pressure gauge bracket put on the stock hood, but I'd like to clean up the look and not have to run such a long braided hose. I've searched Summit, but I can't seem to find a -4 male 180 adapter to -4 female. I know that there has to be something like this, but I can't find it. Anybody know where I can find one? Thanks!

Here is the only place I found doing a 15 minute search: (where do I send the bill?);)

Paragon Performance High Performance Automotive Aluminum Fittings

Thanks Turbofabricator, that looks like it'll work, I'll put the check in the mail:D . I know the blue end on that one in the picture is the -4an female end, I just can't tell if the red side is also.

gnxtc2, how would I change the hose end to a -4 180? I know zip about assembly of braided hoses and all those cool blue/red hose end fittings:(

Thanks Turbofabricator, that looks like it'll work, I'll put the check in the mail:D . I know the blue end on that one in the picture is the -4an female end, I just can't tell if the red side is also.

gnxtc2, how would I change the hose end to a -4 180? I know zip about assembly of braided hoses and all those cool blue/red hose end fittings:(

That looks like a hose end, not an adapter.

I was the same way about making braided hose assemblies but I leatned on my own. If you are uncomfortable making the hose up, take the hose off the car and go down to a hydraulic shop and they'll make up a hose for you.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

i just bought a hose for my gauge from house of hoses here in vegas..they can add any fitting..i payed $20 for mine,but i went with black not braided it looks cleaner and blends right in with the car being black..way cheaper then summit

I may go with the black hose, noticed that on one of the web sites (Earls?). Then won't have to cover the braided with wiring loom.

GNXTC2, is AN hose sizing backwards from say wiring gauge? Like a -4 would be smaller than a -6?

Hose (and fittings) are sized in 1/16". So -4AN is really 4/16" or (if you remember 4th grade math---YUCK!!!) is 1/4" and -6AN is 6/16, or 3/8". It's not like shotguns, though. 20 gauge vs. 12 gauge. I'll take the 12 gauge, thank you very much. (unless I'm hunting quail, then I'll use a 20 guage, a 12 guge doesn't leave much meat.:eek: )

Building an AN hose is really a simple operation. Here is a link on how to di it. Don't be afraid, just follow along and "you can do it!"

How to work with stainless braided hose and AN fittings - DSM Forums

This is a great tech article. Good job, who ever you are! Big pictures.

Be SURE to blow a gun cleaning patch with a string on it so you can pull it back through. Spray brake clean or solvent, laquer thinner, to get it completely clean. If you don't have a cut-off wheel, you can use a fine tooth hack saw to cut the hose. But, cut off wheels are real cheap at most tool outlet stores, like Harbor Freight Tools. Be sure to TIGHTLY wrap the hose with tape (electrical tape works good) before you cut the hose. Also be careful not to bloody up your hands by poking the braids in them. Fo some reason, I always get a few strand stuck into my fingers or hands:mad: I have been building hoses for a LONG tome. The largest AN hoses I have built up are -24AN for Rolls Royce Griffon oil return lines. They were a bit challenging.

Sweet! Thanks much for the info, I really do need to put a check in the mail:D

The largest AN hoses I have built up are -24AN for Rolls Royce Griffon oil return lines. They were a bit challenging.

Any ideas on how to swap in a RR Griffon into my schools R44:D
ah, nevermind, would probably be over the max weight, LOL

Hey Ken (TurboFabricator) wanted to thank you again for posting that link and explaining -AN fittings. I bought two of the Earls -4AN 180 fittings and a 3' section of -4 hose. Following the instructions in that link worked great! Before today, I had been using a few 90 degree screw on adapters and it looked like :(
Looks great now, and anybody that hasn't assembled AN hose, shouldn't have anything to worry about, if you can change your oil, you can assemble AN hose:D :D ;)

I use these to make up teflon lined -4 hose.

Attachments

• dualinstalled3.jpg
    dualinstalled3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 85