You can type here any text you want

6.650 rods ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
have not and don't know of anyone

Saw some 6.650 rods @ BG years ago. Looks like it would put the wrist pin WAY up there. Booher might know.

You are going to need a block with a lot of deck height and I mean alot.

Take care, Kip

Motor was running with these rods til one broke on the second pass. Booher said he has a set but after reading all the old post on rod length do I really want to put it back together with the long rods?Sent him a PM to see what kind of rods he has I'm sure not going back with the used carillos again !

I wouldn't, but I'm no master engine builder...Honestly, I don't even like a 6.5 on a 3.625 crank. Especially, if you drive it occasionally.

OK , going to skip the PM since the site is super slow tonight. In my opinion at the HP level that your at , that is way too long a rod to hold up , especially if its what I call a 2 pass rod ( 2 pass means in the inside of the beam on a carrillo rod they were either machined with a single pass or the lighter rods were machined with 2 passes , you can see a high spot in the center of the cut out as opposed to a single ball end mill). In my opinion to make the power required to compete in TSO you need to be looking at crower 6.300" HD rods. I have both new and used Carrillo 6.650 rods but I cannot recommend their use in this application!! Mike:cool:

Got any 6.5" rods you want to trade for some 6.65's Mike? I'd prefer some shorter rods if you have them.

Thanks Mike.Made the choice to put the brakes on this deal . I'll be out some cash but I can't see going back with this set up. I think I was REAL LUCKY I didn't trash a good crank and block !

Loots of good info on here I a guy reads old posts and asks for a hand. :cool:

Thanks guys

Brad, I wouldn't run a set of H-beam rods in anything I own again after seeing how they come apart. I know of a guy who had some issues with Crower Billet rods (tuneup) and they just bent and didn't break. Thrown in a new set and went back out.

I know we are running 6.3" rods, they are Crower Billet.

It is expensive learning what doesn't work but I think I might be on the right path now.

I have a good lawn chair and a good supply of Diet Pepsi. ;) Guess I will hang out and watch the big boys run . Looking forward to seeing everyone at Columbus .

lol

It is expensive learning what doesn't work but I think I might be on the right path now.

I have a good lawn chair and a good supply of Diet Pepsi. ;) Guess I will hang out and watch the big boys run . Looking forward to seeing everyone at Columbus .

you will need beer later ;)

Back