You can type here any text you want

#6 is a female dog

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-WE2

Back in business!!
I'm sure all you guys know it, too, but I just had to say it to vent.

I will never refer to #6 as anything else but the b_tch cylinder!!

get yourself a two foot extension and a universal swivel ended 5/8 spark plug socket (craftsman or snapon) and its easy ,
use an old sparkplug boot to start and spin new plug back in .. then use the socket setup for the last 1/2 turn to torque
couldnt be simpler
, oh and the setup works for all the plugs and shouldnt take 5 minutes to change them all

oh and that ancient pitbull chip is really not doing your car any good
do you run a scanmaster or a KR monitor?

What he said.:)

Obviously you have never changed plugs on a Syclone/Typhoon. THOSE plugs are B!TCH!!!!!:mad: Everything on a Sy/TY is a WAR to fix. War of flesh and blood. Years ago I put an intercooler optimizer kit from ATR on a Typhoon. They were real good about including detailed instructions and all the hardware in usually stainless steel. Included in the bag of hardware was a Band-Aid with a small post it note stapled to it stating "You're gonna NEED it!" They weren't kidding. I think I even had to visit the ER for a couple of stiches, too.:eek:

After changing plugs a few times, you'll get the hang of it. The right tools for the job will get it done in no time. Actually I hate #5 the most. Getting a socket and ratchet past the Power Master is tedious. I use a 3ft extension for that plug and slip it through the power master. It still only takes just a few minutes to change plugs. Even on my twin turbo car it's a breeze.

I'll get the 2ft extension. I was using my 12" + a 3" I had & was making it work. Found that the previous owner also found it hard to change #6 out because the plug wasn't tight!! there was baked-on oil on the plug wire boot. Good think I had the replacement "High Boost" wire set from Shane (blackgn1) on here. they fit perfectly, but i would like to have had #1 about an inch longer so I could use the factory wire-keepers. His came with wire keepers, but they don't attach to the factory clips.

Anyway, the hardest part about #6 for me was getting the boot on. It took twice as long to get the boot on as it did to get the plug changed. The combination of my fat hands and short fingers gave me a fit trying to get that boot on there.

I fought getting the boots on the new plugs more than I did getting the plugs themselves changed. Next time I'll know.

Tip for anyone else having trouble with this: When installing the new plugs, spray the inside of rubber part of your spark plug socket with a little bit of silicone spray. That way, if your socket gets stuck on a hard-to-reach plug, it's not as hard to get off. My spark plug socket was brand new and the plugs fit really tight in it. I ended with #6 and when my socket got stuck on it, I actually considered leaving it there and just running on 5 cylinders!!!:biggrin:

And yes, I agree that my Pitbull chip needs to be retired. I've heard that from SEVERAL people in here and fully intend to replace it with a TT and 60# injectors. Just waiting for the bonus to come in.

dont worry you will get better at it.... i can change all 6 in 20-30 minutes... taking my time and making sure all the gaps are right.... even changed them in the rain on the powertour once.... just takes practice and my trusty 12" snap-on extension/universal socket

aaron

Back