You can type here any text you want

7 sec AWD Talon

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
fast turbo 4 banger

I would not consider an import a ricer if it looks clean & hauls a$$. This car is no ricer. Just a fast import. Rice is a pos that has a chrome plated foldgers coffee can for an exhaust, big wing, & a little punk behind the steering wheel trying to race anything & everything.

Shep's car is definitely sick, but it is more of a race car as I believe he runs it on straight methanol and he has obviously taken some weight out of it. Still impressive and when it was full weight and on gasoline he had it in the mid to high 8's if I remember correctly. Not too bad for a little 4banger:cool:

car

Shep's car is definitely sick, but it is more of a race car as I believe he runs it on straight methanol and he has obviously taken some weight out of it. Still impressive and when it was full weight and on gasoline he had it in the mid to high 8's if I remember correctly. Not too bad for a little 4banger:cool:

true story and back then it hovered around the 10k rpm mark on shifts. Now it is never below that :eek: You could see it spinning all four tires at the 1000 ft mark. :eek:

Ummm I am not sure if I would want to have to steer like that and have
shift as well. That looks like a heck of a drive...

John is a good bud of mine...I was over at his house yesterday and the '08 improvements are gonna be sick! Car is going to a 4 link set up but still will always be awd. Its runs on straight alcohol now with no intercooler as it did in '06. Car is way more of an all out race car now than when he was running mid 8s but it goes with the territory when you get that fast. Data logs have shown over 200 mph at just over a 1/4 mile.

Hopefully NOPI will make some rule changes to justify him running a full season again...makin 6 cylinders add an extra 100 pounds to even it up is a joke.

I would not consider an import a ricer if it looks clean & hauls a$$. This car is no ricer. Just a fast import. Rice is a pos that has a chrome plated foldgers coffee can for an exhaust, big wing, & a little punk behind the steering wheel trying to race anything & everything.

Maybe so, however a dsm isn't an import ;) I met Shep this year at the dsm shootout, not so much a people person. Then again, with all the attention he gets, I can imagine why. Fast car for sure, very respectable.

lol

Maybe so, however a dsm isn't an import ;) I met Shep this year at the dsm shootout, not so much a people person. Then again, with all the attention he gets, I can imagine why. Fast car for sure, very respectable.

dsm = diamond star motors

talon/eclipse same crap ;)

s10/isuzu hombre is same crap:confused:

ranger/mazda b2000 same crap :(

Guys that fast are constantly pulled at. They have no time to work on their own cars much less anyone else and there is always someone asking rediculous questions or telling him that they have a buddy with one of dem derr cars with an 800 mm turbo on it and it is fasssstt :cool:

Maybe so, although it WAS made in Illinois.

And my Shep comment, well, being with someone that bought a $5k+ tranny from him, I would have thought a better attitude out of him. But cool guy nonetheless.

And my Shep comment, well, being with someone that bought a $5k+ tranny from him, I would have thought a better attitude out of him. But cool guy nonetheless.

X2^^^^ I have had my share of DSM's, mostly 1g's, I hung out with a buddy of mine one year in shep's trailer when BJ used to build his stuff. He doesn't talk alot but nice guy though. Nice runs!!! WOW!!!

I have a buddy that does paintless dent repair (board member 88ZNX). They were doing paintless dent repair in a body shop up there in Ohio somewhere.... after they had been there a month or so... they realized they (I can't remember) were either in the same shop as John or right across the street from him.... they were telling me all about it.... 7 sec DSM... of course.. I have heard of him... cause I have a friend with a 2G that sent me videos of this car when it was in the 8's a couple years ago.... Anyway.... 88ZNX said he was a nice guy.... maybe away from that surrounding (racing/racetrack)....he is more normal.... and less like a star.

4 link in a awd vehicle .....been there and done that ! it was a learning experience.

trans

You would think that but I have spent that on turbo buick transmissions and got the same treatment. 5K is alot to most of us regular people but anyone who is in a position like that hell 5k is just a tip for a two egg/two slice of bacon/one biscuit breakfast at the local greasy spoon :cool: They pretty much dont even notice you there unless your in the way!

Scarey part is 10k trans are fairly normal now...all out race dog boxes are what he is building alot of, many over sea's for evo's exc. Not that he takes a person any less serious with a 1k dollar build. John is just about one of the nicest guys you wanna meet...thats why he has such a huge following. I have known him for 15 years and he acts/treats people the same as he did when his car was running mid 12s...geeez that seems like 30 years ago:D

John is definitely a nice guy willing to help someone out when he can. Talking to a racer without a pit crew behind him at the races is usually asking for someone to be distant. I know when I race my slow as Talon I usually have so much to do between passes with logs, plugs etc I don't have much time to talk.

Back