You can type here any text you want

79 Regal down pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Utah Blaine

Is there a easy way to change spark plugs on the passenger side without dropping the down pipe?
Does anyone sell a larger oil filter for the 231? It seems so small.

Look for an oil filter for an 86 chevy PU with a 4.3 engine. Make sure it's not a fram. NAPA gold is a good replacement.

As far s the down pipe, there's no easy way to get around it unless you make your own.

https://sites.google.com/site/beforeblackracing/oil-filter larger stock type filter PF 52.

Someone made an adapter to use a even larger filter a while back. I forgot which company it was, maybe Kirban Performance... might be wrong...

Thanks Charlie, thanks Mat. I'll go with the PF52 or the 4.3 one , which ever one they have. Actually I like a\c delco. I'm just getting it running stock for now. Put plugs on the passenger side today. The cat converter had been taken off the car and the down pipe went all the way back to the trunk where the muffler is. Wish everyone could have been there for that .

If it's not a Wix, baldwin, or NAPA gold stay the hell away from it as far as oil filters are concerned. Fram and AC are 2 of the worst for one of these engines.

For next time, you can get to the #6 plug out (passenger side, rear) with a long extension and a universal joint in the socket. It helps to unbolt the downpipe to move it aside, but you don't have to remove it.

I run AC PF-52E on all my 3.8 and 3800's for years now. Actually I use the STP brand filter which is exactly the same, but less expensive. (Same manufacturer - Champion Labs)

2 and 4 were no prize in them selves. Dropping the down pipe did help a lot. While I was putting it back all kind of options were flashing through my mind. Universal joints and long extensions will be in my arsenal from now on.

You know, I've used ac oil filters for many years with no ill results. Thought it might be a Buick thing or something. Oh well, it has a wick now. I live in the country and it was a hard find. Out in the country everything is a hard find lol.

Back