You can type here any text you want

79 sport coupe find

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Way back when I was rolling in my Regal all OE (2bbl) I took the ESC off my car and threw it directly in the trash :eek: It was unhooked when I got the car and I didn't even try to save or test it. NOW I take that back I should have saved it.A.j. I thought you were getting a broken one from Jase(flintbuick4life)?:confused: Oh well the search continues.

Jase has been absent for a while now and I still need to send the PEVR back to it's owner. Aj and I have the same basic idea but I also want one of the MSD timing controlers to play with. Freddie was supposed to send one to me but he's been a little busy I guess. Aj and I really want to do the systems "old school" so there's no puter involved but I do have the correct puter and parts if I have to. proving the system with or without a puter is the main goal but making it as easy as posilbe to instal it the main thing.

Yeah you guys, like me love the no computer for the engine idea on drawthru.

Jase has been absent for a while now and I still need to send the PEVR back to it's owner. Aj and I have the same basic idea but I also want one of the MSD timing controlers to play with. Freddie was supposed to send one to me but he's been a little busy I guess. Aj and I really want to do the systems "old school" so there's no puter involved but I do have the correct puter and parts if I have to. proving the system with or without a puter is the main goal but making it as easy as posilbe to instal it the main thing.

let me see if i can email jase and see if he will send the stuff to aj just give me time to find his email.

I just need a box to copy........ I already have an MSD unit... but that doesnt protect aganst knock... Knock for me doesnt happen as fast as I thought... my full power passes are not the issue.... its the 10 mile grade i climb to and from work everyday that brings out the knock. with the steep hill to climb and 110* ambient temps... my air charge literally overheats the minute it leaves the compressor.

But I need to see what is inside the box.... I have yet to get someone to even give me a broken one so I can copy the circuits.... and hopefully offer a re-popped non buick version that will be cheap to produce and we can all have. Ive been after a bad box for 3 years now.... and the only 2 I have gotten were both good.... I dont have the heart to pull apart a good one... but a third... well... F uck it. I mean, I may work roadside weapons for a paycheck but I am electronics by trade... I know I can make one.
A.j.

I have one that I've yet to attach. Problem is that they're sealed. You would have to tear it apart and rip all the plastic goop they used to seal it in with. I would of long ago lent it out to you but it's irreplaceable, (I bought it as a working unit), and you know how rare they are.

As you noted, in order to know what makes it tick it would have to be permenantly damaged. :(

I have one that I've yet to attach. Problem is that they're sealed. You would have to tear it apart and rip all the plastic goop they used to seal it in with. I would of long ago lent it out to you but it's irreplaceable, (I bought it as a working unit), and you know how rare they are.

As you noted, in order to know what makes it tick it would have to be permenantly damaged. :(

He's alive!:biggrin: Did you ever find the timing control Freddie? Still needing it if you have.

Lol...yep, been gone for a while. Lot's of drama has happened to me. The bottom end of my Buick crapped out three weeks ago. Something happened while I was cruising a long stretch. A/C blasting, stereo blasting and suddlenly a loud banging noise. Drove it as far as I could since I knew whatever happened there's no turning back...the bottom end is toast. The car has never been towed before since I had it so that was an experiance. :(

It's parked for now and my engine stand and engine hoist are awaiting my company, (been at least 10 years of dust accumulating). Plus I was notified of my pending job lost this coming Oct. due to budget cuts, (thank you Mr. President...our economy is doing just fine). Anyway I'm still six feet above ground so life is good. :biggrin:

The timing issue I left for a rainy day. I wanted to enjoy my summer with family and friends. I got bigger fish to fry for now.

WOW! I wish you well my friend. If you need any help I'll do my best for you and all you need to do is ask.

Don't suppose it's got the Limited package does it? I'd be interested in the rocker and wheel arch trim if it's in better shape than mine.

Dont think it was a limited. I didnt look.

I was a non AC car though so I really doubt it.

That would have been a cool one to save. NO AC! I'd get the box and heater controls.

Stupid thing, they added aftermarket AC so I dont know if the box or controls are useable. Why would you order a turboed buick, probably one of the more expensive midsize cars in 79, with no AC, then add it later?

Ill be back there sooner or later to grab the stuff. Was going to decide if theres enough nice stuff on the car to justify the $600.

ESC box and dist-$100
Turbo-$50
TH350-???
Rear end-???
State of dash and interior-???

Could offer him $400 minus the hood. He wanted $250 for the hood and I have no desire for a 79 regal cowl hood. If it was for a cutlass, Id be all over it, but I dont need it.

i would try to talk him down. i know you will be able to part it out and make your money back. post pic of the car when you get it who know maybe people will see things they need.

i was thinking of like a mild cam and freashing up the heads but i think i want to go non-carb i dono wat do you think

Start your own thread first of all. Second is do some reading in this section. There's lots of info here if you want to make it stronger. For an idea, click on the second link in my sig. It's the only upgrade available for the C/T systems.

Back