8.82 on pump gas...

874.JPG

Had 1 run in the morning for test-n-tune and ran an 8.84. Correction was on zero top of run so left it alone. This was at 22-23 psi boost. Drove the 30 mile cruise.. then
Ran a new PB today. 1st round after the cruise. But I just found the limits of graphite o_O. So my day ended playing. Cylinder pressure at that HP level has to be something else. Datalogs where spot on.. so time to improve on the fuse. What is the limit on graphite gaskets? :confused:..

All in all.. very happy. Never expected to go this fast, guess if that was the plan.. better hg's would have been used. I'm beat.. last two weeks have been something else getting this ready.

Congrats Julio!
How many bolts holding the heads down? ;)

Post up that log!

Car went way rich on decel. I'm wondering if this did it in. 4 bolts per hole.. like a Buick. Studs are 1/2 tho. There was no smoke or anything from the back of the car. I'll see if some video pops up. Would hate to put a better gasket and trash a piston

securedownload-1.jpeg

That car's flying Julio!!! I have chased boost control problems for years. Starting this year with the same issues.

That car's flying Julio!!! I have chased boost control problems for years. Starting this year with the same issues.
I cant tell you how much i've learned on the subject. And how little I know. Its like the more I dig.. the more there is. I finally am getting a handle on it. I had Richie driving it this AM while I was on the laptop adjusting things. Should of seen the look on his face at 22 psi :D on an open back road.

Do as I say not as I do o_O.. I.. thinking back crammed in too much drama into too short a period of time. I gave myself a few months to get ready.. and the delays in getting stuff done, coupled with life that happens.. then 2 weeks of boost control issues.. I had practically zero time to put things in their place. Come hell or high water I was going to make this event. I made it.. but in the process pushed something beyond its limits. Now its to try and figure out what and why. Wish it was a simple went lean to 12:1.. then poof.. that would be off course easy. All the plugs look perfect, no spatter.. nice and tan.. no oil on threads.. etc.

I'll keep digging o_O

I notice ur injector duty cycle is at 96%!!!

Looks like u need bigger injectors!!

Man ur makin some POWER!!!!

nice runs im hoping to be there this year as well.. so far with one of your old kits from my buick motor that was in it and some 93 in the tank i have been 9.2 at 153.3 on 19psi cranking it up to 23-24 with some other tweaks hoping to get this big boat around the same times driving it an hour to the track.

Julio,
Just curious on your thoughts on how streetable your car really is? Daily Driver, several times a week, crusing to a town an hour away, etc....

ks

Julio,
Just curious on your thoughts on how streetable your car really is? Daily Driver, several times a week, crusing to a town an hour away, etc....

ks
The two things that always worry me about it are the drag radials and the roll bar. The radials are an easy one as a rim change can fix that, the roll bar is something else. I always worry about getting into an accident and banging my head on it. I always strap myself down in the seat harness to keep me from moving very far. The rest of the car turn signals, horn, muffler, lights, etc are fine on it. Factory gas tank hold 15 gallons of fuel.. does pretty good if I stay out of the throttle. This last month its seen an easy 300 miles.. can sit in bumper to bumper traffic, cruises the highway at 70 mph, runs at 180 degree's at 2700 rpms, trans runs 150 degree's.. actually idling and low speeds it seems the trans temps go up..

Its purposely built to allow it to be driven, altho everything is stretched out. Example 2 transmission coolers, 160 amp alternator to run 2 big fans, 2 Optima red tops, etc.

Getting in and out of the car require a little more door space due to the cage.

And the constant temptation to "hit it" when the road opens up is another story :D

Julio,

ks
The two things that always worry me about it are the drag radials and the roll bar. The radials are an easy one as a rim change can fix that, the roll bar is something else. I always worry about getting into an accident and banging my head on it. I always strap myself down in the seat harness to keep me from moving very far. The rest of the car turn signals, horn, muffler, lights, etc are fine on it. Factory gas tank hold 15 gallons of fuel.. does pretty good if I stay out of the throttle. This last month its seen an easy 300 miles.. can sit in bumper to bumper traffic, cruises the highway at 70 mph, runs at 180 degree's at 2700 rpms, trans runs 150 degree's.. actually idling and low speeds it seems the trans temps go up..

Its purposely built to allow it to be driven, altho everything is stretched out. Example 2 transmission coolers, 160 amp alternator to run 2 big fans, 2 Optima red tops, etc.

Getting in and out of the car require a little more door space due to the cage.

And the constant temptation to "hit it" when the road opens up is another story :D