You can type here any text you want

8.9 on pump gas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
You guys are going to hate me :D

YouTube - 8.90 @ 154 NMRA Commerce,GA

One of my customers from Alabama with an 03 Cobra. 21 PSI. Pump gas and methanol injection.

This was at the NMRA True Street event last weekend in Commerce. So .. he drove the car 30 miles on Sunday.. made two passes.. this was his third pass without touching the car. He didnt get to do a burnout because his trans temps where through the roof from not letting the car cool down.

Look closely.. no bar :eek:

I'll see if I can get some XFI logs from the run posted.

Gotta go :D

Attachments

• tim 890.JPG
    tim 890.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 656
nice,from the video it looks like it comes out soft and then picks up real fast.i can't believe he got so many runs without a bar i can't seem to get any passes running a 10 second car no bar.

Track kept telling him to slow it down. He was making 1/8 mile hits and shutting it down... still too fast. 125 in the 1/8. His first two passes he had to abort due to blowing the tires away.. figured if he was going to get the boot.. let er rip. So the third pass it just hooked and went.

When I lived in Atlanta.. that track was brutal on letting you get away with anything.. guess times have changed. My local tracks are also more easy going on tech. Over the years attendance drops.. if your too strict on tech, they dont come anymore.

I'll post up the XFI logs when I get them.. some neat stuff :wink:

keep em coming,i guess i need to move south,they keep telling me i have a race car even though i drive in and drive home;)

I see in his signature that he's running a Precision 6262 turbo on that 8 banger too..... It was just a matter of time... you got to respect the turbocharged motors out there, 4 bangers, V-6 bangers and the V-8's....

Chuck

I see in his signature that he's running a Precision 6262 turbo on that 8 banger too..... It was just a matter of time... you got to respect the turbocharged motors out there, 4 bangers, V-6 bangers and the V-8's....

Chuck

Two of them. I like those turbo mod motors! Youtube or google search Boost12. That is a bad local turbo car that was brutal on the street/grudge scene.

Good post Razor! I think the tech really has an effect on the turnout. Its certain tracks here we simply avoid because they are very strict. The power cars make these days is amazing yet the rules seem to go in the opposite direction. I'm all for being safe but when I saw them tell a SRT-8 Jeep he couldn't run because he didnt have a helmet I was shocked. Street tires, No spray or boost. Just a tune and exhaust. The guy had is wife and kid with him and just wanted to see if the exhaust helped.

Had another car leave my garage last night with your kit,TT chip, 93 and boost in the mid 20's.(Soft tune) He was very disappointed... only because he could find anyone to race. We will try again tonight...;)

I still have one car to put a kit on later this week, and one on standby for a car still "under construction" with guidance from Patrick.
I wonder if I could change my screen name to "MethPusher":p

Here's the log.. man I cant believe tomorrow was a month ago :redface:

I highlighted the important stuff.. you can see boost pressure, methanol pressure, intake air temp, RPM, actual air fuel, etc.

Hope ya'll likes..

This was the 4th/5th run.. look at the coolant temp.. motor, track, everything was Hot..

Attachments

• 8.88 153_1.jpg
    8.88 153_1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 355
Looks to me like it has way more in it!

This car is in no mans land.. how many guys running a small displacement motor at that power level on pump gas? Running it hot.. on crappy fuel.. etc..

And the fact of lack of safety equipment.. thats another one.

Is there more power left on the table.. I believe so.. at 25 PSI boost, maybe 1-2 degree's more timing.. a little more tweaking to the VE tables.. etc.. should be capable of 8.50's at 162-163.

Back