80 Malibu Wagon

Man you aren't wasting any time. I hope to have mine apart like that over the summer... we'll see.

Thanks guys, my plan is to have it back together by September so I can't screw around. I want to drive it before winter :D

Front clip???

Real cool so far. Is the 86-87 Buick front clip in your future??? I think that would look awesome.

Coach

Real cool so far. Is the 86-87 Buick front clip in your future??? I think that would look awesome.

Coach

I have seen the regal front clip swap done, when done right it looks great but I am going to stick with the malibu front clip. I already have a GN I like this because its different. I am toying around with cutting the hood and padding the TR hood bump, if I dont like how it turns out I'll get a 1" steel cowl hood for it.

Thanks.

Nothing really more to report, I got the chassis broken down to just the bare frame. It should go tonight to media blast, then to the shop for body bushing mount repairs and paint. I ordered all new lines for the chassis, suspension, brakes, 1" drop springs, etc... It will all be new when I am finished with it.
Hopefully the frame will take a week or two to get repaired and painted and during that time I can work on the body.

cool project..my old wagon

8888004.jpg

I decided to have the frame, rear, trans cross member blasted instead of doing it myself, it was too much of a pita trying to move it & flip it over, by myself. We dropped it off yesterday morning and picked it up this morning brought it back to my buddys shop and also picked up the frame washers for the body mount locations that need to be fixed. We are hopeing to get the frame washers installed as well as cleaning up some ugly factory welds by the end of next week and have the frame, & rear end painted soon after so I can get it back to the house and into a rolling chassis form.

I also started media blasting the under side of the car today, not fun with this heat.

P1010333.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010335.jpg

P1010342.jpg

looks great! Who did you have blast it? Where from? Cost? you could PM that info if you want. I have a guy in Horsham by my work, the base, that I was thinking to get mine done this summer there. I actually have 2 frames to do.

Are you gonna just paint it with urathane? Or maybe the eastwood stuff?

looks great! Who did you have blast it? Where from? Cost? you could PM that info if you want. I have a guy in Horsham by my work, the base, that I was thinking to get mine done this summer there. I actually have 2 frames to do.

Are you gonna just paint it with urathane? Or maybe the eastwood stuff?

FAD in Crum Lynn PA, $300 for the frame, rear, trans cross member. I started blasting it myself but it was taking to long, had to get it done they did it quick.

I plan to epoxy primer/seal the frame & rear, and paint it with POR15 Gloss Blackcoat.
Underside of the body after rust hole repair, prime/seal, and spray with truck bed liner coating.

I have a little but more blasting to do on the underside of the body but its just about finished worked on it a bit Friday & Sunday

I took a few weeks off to do things around the house and to start getting ready for the baby's room. We are expecting our first child in December so now I am in high gear getting things ready for the baby and also trying to get this car done by then.

I got all the sand blasting done on the bottom of the car, rear wheel wells, and fire wall the weekend before last. This weekend that just passed I removed the quarter panel glass which was a real PITA the wind shield came out easy, broken, but easy.
Today I ordered lower quarter repair panels for behind the rear tires and picked up some DA paper I'll start sanding her down this weekend. The frame is painted and ready to come home nextS at-Sun so if that happens the body will go to the body shop and I'll work on getting the frame back into rolling chassis so it can go back under the car body before its painted.

A few pics, more can be found at Malibu pictures by turbo231 - Photobucket

crappy cell phone pics of the frame
Frame-1.jpg

frame2.jpg

P1010392.jpg

P1010403.jpg

P1010404.jpg

Wow, looks great. Bet Jim didn't think you were going down this road with the car. I think what your doing is what every car guy dreams of doing at one point in there life.
Thanks

What color are you painting it? Any more motor mods or fairly stock?

Wow, looks great. Bet Jim didn't think you were going down this road with the car. I think what your doing is what every car guy dreams of doing at one point in there life.
Thanks

What color are you painting it? Any more motor mods or fairly stock?

Thanks, Its going to be bright white again, just better quality. There is not too many paint choices to go with the blue interior.

As far as the motor goes its basically going to depend on what my final bill from the body shop turns out to be. I

'll have updates soon, the body went to the shop last weekend and the frame came back so over the next couple weeks I will be getting the chassis back together and work will start on the body.

There is not too many paint choices to go with the blue interior.

Black, silver and blue would all work. I actually like the White myself also but I was just curious if you considered it a different color.

I dont like silver on a wagon, it was blue when Jim bought it and I am not fond of the way it looked blue. I do not need another black car, so white it will be :D

Looks great, can't wait to see the underside. I am doing the same thing with my wagon, herculiner or equivalent on the floorpans inside and out.

I have been doing a good deal to mine too, almost done with the gas tank so I'll let you know how it turn out. :biggrin:

Havent done an update in awhile, the body is now at the body shop, and the frame is home.

They started working on the body last Thursday, I found all the bondo in the car from the paint cracking, etc... I circled everything and they started with that, we have a few dents to pull in the roof, lower quarter panels to install, and the roof rack holes were welded shut when I left there Friday.

Saturday I started putting the chassis back together, I did a little work on it Sunday also.

As always more pics can be found here Malibu pictures by turbo231 - Photobucket

P1010488.jpg

P1010490.jpg

P1010492.jpg

P1010496.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010518.jpg

P1010525.jpg

P1010535.jpg

P1010543.jpg