83 LHS Exhaust Manifold needed...

gsxdave

road warrior airbrushing
I've got the RHS manifold (with the up-pipe fitting) but need the LHS. These are the factory 83 only "shorty header" design. Does anyone have one lying around in the garage? :biggrin: Putting together a carbed turbo V6 (1980 block) with an .063 turbo and don't want to use the 82 and earlier design manifolds...post back or PM me with price & location; thanx in advance :cool:

Not too many hot air cars around here, but a few 86-87's. Might be able to scrounge a used one locally, wasn't aware of the interchangeability...(!)...I take it the performance improvement isn't worth the hassle? Or is there that much of an improvement? I have a couple sets of (80 & 82) the older design exhaust manifolds in the garage, so I can use those if I can't locate a fuelie LHS manifold or decide this may not be worth it after all...thanx for the heads up!

Other than the weight, I would expect the cast manifold to be better as it will retain more heat (good for turbocharging). Flow-wise, the passenger side is much more important than the driver's side (twice the exhaust flow). Most people feel the 84/85 passenger side is very bad considering the way the primaries are inserted into the header (look inside). I think the cast manifold are well worth the wieght penalty.

If you use the DS cast manifold, make sure you have the EFE valve to bolt it up to the crossover. I removed the butterfly.