83 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser Wagon

ok i got all the bolts for the timing cover and intake manifold and the longer bolts for the plenum and some for the flexplate witch are all arp, and i also had the t/b and plenum ported but i have to smooth out some edges on the plenum from the inside.

Attachments

• IMG00046.jpg
    IMG00046.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,700
  • IMG00048.jpg
    IMG00048.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,582
  • IMG00044.jpg
    IMG00044.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,582
awful pik

heres a pik of my friends wagon....going about 60 into a 18 wheeler i think it was also a cutlas as well
PICTURES014.jpg

always thought it would be cool to do a 80s full size buick wagon. White, do the trim all in black with some factory vector style wheels adn get rid of the stupid luggage rack. I was seriously thinking about doing it when I found one locally in good shape until the wife found out I was gonna buy a wagon. "But honey, we can haul stuff in it and it would be great for road trips:biggrin: "

always thought it would be cool to do a 80s full size buick wagon. White, do the trim all in black with some factory vector style wheels adn get rid of the stupid luggage rack. I was seriously thinking about doing it when I found one locally in good shape until the wife found out I was gonna buy a wagon. "But honey, we can haul stuff in it and it would be great for road trips:biggrin: "

Like this?

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,762
thats exactly what im doing, that wagon is what motivated me to start this project and theres a video on youtube of this wagon running low 11s, ill be running the 85 style gn wheels with the center black, all chrome trim will be blacked out witch is already in the process ill be picking up most of the outer trim on thursday i still have alot more parts to powder coat,exterior trim, engine brackets etc... the roof rack will be removed but the center trim will remain there and will be powder coated as well, ill post some pictures when i start installing the trim.

Yes, but full size buick and the black vector wheels. Then have my buddy graft a TR hood scoop on:biggrin:

3-23-08 progress picture

couple goodies went on today im about 90% done on the block headgaskets are cometics and lifters are speed pro. porting and polishing of heads and intake was done from archie at gn1performance in el monte. many thanks to him for donating the rocker shafts,rods and lots and lots of bolts....

Attachments

• IMG00051.jpg
    IMG00051.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,598
  • IMG00052.jpg
    IMG00052.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,436
  • IMG00053.jpg
    IMG00053.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,403
  • IMG00055.jpg
    IMG00055.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,406
  • IMG00056.jpg
    IMG00056.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,391
couple goodies went on today im about 90% done on the block headgaskets are cometics and lifters are speed pro. porting and polishing of heads and intake was done from archie at gn1performance in el monte. many thanks to him for donating the rocker shafts,rods and lots and lots of bolts....

Did you get these heads from Hye-Tech Performance?

I just picked up a 1980 Century wagon, it is in real nice shape, but has the stupid 301 V-8. I know a guy with a complete GN motor/trans ECU for sale, I may go down the turbo road with this car, I look forward to seeing your progress!

I just picked up a 1980 Century wagon, it is in real nice shape, but has the stupid 301 V-8. I know a guy with a complete GN motor/trans ECU for sale, I may go down the turbo road with this car, I look forward to seeing your progress!

thanks,go with the gn drivetrain it will look killer when the a$$ starts to go sideways when its underboost, i just picked up some stock ported headers that kenny duttwieler use to experiment with, i also got a timing cover so ill be cleaning that up shortly the headers ima have bead blasted to remove some of rust so the paint sticks good. i still need to buy the timing chain and cam spring.

Yes, but full size buick and the black vector wheels. Then have my buddy graft a TR hood scoop on:biggrin:

If you aree talking full size, then you mean the LeSabre wagons. If you go with a Regal wagon, then you can get the hood off of an older Turbo Regal and bolt it right on. Mine is an 82 Regal waGoN, and I got a hood from an 80 or something close to that. It bolts on with no other changes.

If you aree talking full size, then you mean the LeSabre wagons. If you go with a Regal wagon, then you can get the hood off of an older Turbo Regal and bolt it right on. Mine is an 82 Regal waGoN, and I got a hood from an 80 or something close to that. It bolts on with no other changes.

so the 82 turbo buick hood would fit my car? if so ill be at the junk yard this weekend:biggrin:

Nope. Not a Cutlass. The older turbo hood will fit the 82 Regal wagons, but if you want the hood bulge on the Cutlass, then it has to be grafted on there, or you could swap the whole nose off an older Buick. The reason I keep saying older, is I am not sure which years. The 4 door and wagon models kept the vertical grill when the 2 door models went to a slightly slanted grill in ??? I don't know which year.