You can type here any text you want

83 tt turbo removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mark83ttype

Bought this 83tt last week and the old owners said that the turbo seal was dried out and blowing smoke out of the exhaust. The car has been sitting for about ten years. I was going to take the turbo off and put new seals on the turbo. I started taking the turbo off but cant seem to reach some of the lower bolts on the housing. What is involoed in removing this turbo. The engine and turbo were rebuilt about 20k before being parked. New to the buick turbos. Any help would be greatly appricated.

Bought this 83tt last week and the old owners said that the turbo seal was dried out and blowing smoke out of the exhaust. The car has been sitting for about ten years. I was going to take the turbo off and put new seals on the turbo. I started taking the turbo off but cant seem to reach some of the lower bolts on the housing. What is involoed in removing this turbo. The engine and turbo were rebuilt about 20k before being parked. New to the buick turbos. Any help would be greatly appricated.

the bolts can be taken off with swivel socket. As for the turbo rebuild you can do it yourself ( Garrett T3, T4, T3/T4 Kits ) or go and find a.j(dr_frankenstein) he can do it for you. Or you can get a used turbo for $60plus shipping off someone. Jase (flintbuickforlife) was selling one. Aj sells used turbos too I think. Check out beforeblack.net for more info on your setup.

yes cant seem to get to the bottom bolt of the six bolts on the end of the turbo next to the carb. trying to be careful and not damage anything.

I've always found it easier to leave the carb plenum and carb on and remove it all as a unit. It's then easier to take the turbo apart when it's off of the engine.

^^^ Do this and it will be much easier. Worry about taking the plenum off after you get the turbo off.

Back