You can type here any text you want

84 t-type for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbomatter

I just traded for this 84 t-type so I dont know any history on it. It has t tops and a digtial dash. Interior is in very rough shape, body looks ok with very little rust, i even crawled under it and the frame looks great. Engine runs but idles very high at first then kicks down after a minute. Sounds like it is missing at idle but ok once its in gear.
I have been driving for the last few weeks and it will need atleast a good tune up and the brakes and/or front end may need to be checked out, when braking the steering wheel shakes.
Guy i got it from says it is pretty rare and I have done a little research and it seems like it is with the dash and the t tops.
I am located in western kansas and can get more pics upon request.
Email me at bmatterman@yahoo.com
Price is $3500
I may be interested in trades also, just let me know.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 497
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 494
selling car

Just thought I would list to see what happens. I think I have it sold locally already. I am always open to offers as well, 3500 isnt frim, just a starting point.

ahh the land of Big Eds:D I am 2 hours East on 36...

Big Eds is a smooth 4 blocks from my front door. Damn sure isn't what it was when Ed was still with us though. Prices went up, quality went downnnnn. Actually used to work there as a bartender for "the" Big Ed back in the days when it was "the" place to be on any weekend. Can't tell you how many times I heard "we gotta go the suns coming up" haha.

LMAO!!

Yep:cool: I used to sell stuff to Steve Sowers at the old coop station there..

NO way ! That, working for Steve, was my day job for several years. I could tell you stories hahaha. Long story short, he gave $1.00 dollar for that place and...... well, now it's closed. You know where the car listed here is by chance ?

NO way ! That, working for Steve, was my day job for several years. I could tell you stories hahaha. Long story short, he gave $1.00 dollar for that place and...... well, now it's closed. You know where the car listed here is by chance ?

Hell I probably met ya, he used to buy Amer Seal, farm tank hoses etc from me back in the early-late 90s till it closed. Heartland....

No idea about the car.... small world. I remember Steve liked Cougars.

I am located in Hays, it is right on I-70 about halfway between denver and Kansas city. I had a guy today come look at the car and wants to trade me for a 72 gran torino sport fastback. I am going to look at his car tomorrow. I also got an offer for 2000 and a desert eagle 50 cailber handgun. I hope one of these deals goes through by the weekend. I will keep you posted.

I am located in Hays, it is right on I-70 about halfway between denver and Kansas city. I had a guy today come look at the car and wants to trade me for a 72 gran torino sport fastback. I am going to look at his cat tomorrow. I also got an offer for 2000 and a desert eagle 50 cailber handgun. I hope one of these deals goes through by the weekend. I wil keep you posted.

I am in Phillipsburg, GLWS. If ya get the Desert Eagle let me know:biggrin:

Sorry to Hijack...

sounds good, yeah I am pretty excited about the gun, but the Gran Torino is what I want more. I know the car looks rough but i think a new set of bucket seats, carpet and installing a radio would make the interior look 100 times better, i just havent had time to mess with it. The fact that its a t-top car and has a digital dash has alot of people very interested.

I am not sure, title said it came from some lady in Georgetown Kansas. I bought it from a guy in Victoria named J.C. My buddy that has a 70 chevelle show car mentioned a guy named Wise that use to have a few t-types i guess.

Yeah James worked at RANS corp 15 years ago or so and had a few Turbo Buicks. Sorry to hijack, back on track.

Good Luck

The fact that its a t-top car and has a digital dash has alot of people very interested.

they wouldn't be if they knew what i do! i have had 10 to 15 ttop cars apart and the t top roofs are always rotted ALWAYS!!!! and digital dashes have tons of issues too!

dump it !

man there are alot of ....well i i wont say what I want to say but rude people on here. My opinion is if you are not interested in the car then move on to something else. Most old cars have issues of some sort and making rude comments doesnt help anything.
If ttop cars are so bad how come you own 2 of them now and 10-15 over your lifetime, you must not think they are that bad?????

man there are alot of ....well i i wont say what I want to say but rude people on here. My opinion is if you are not interested in the car then move on to something else. Most old cars have issues of some sort and making rude comments doesnt help anything.
If ttop cars are so bad how come you own 2 of them now and 10-15 over your lifetime, you must not think they are that bad?????

i chop them up for parts:):):) i have them apart in ways and places most normal people don't! just letting the seller know if he has 2 interested parties dump it! i currently have 1 t top car and i am going to sell it the 1st chance i get:D it probably also has rot in it's roof as well but i have not had it apart to confirm but experience tells me it probably does!

Back