You can type here any text you want

'86 Buick Regal T-Type Grand National Clone

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
New work on '86 Today

GNX body bushings (2)

KYB shocks installed

New O2 sensor. Runs and drives great

Now have to get radio and pasenger electric window working and then everything including twilight sentinel will be working.

Removed all GN badging. Its a T-type, always was, always will be.

It has had a new trans and many new suspension parts. Its fast, reliable and it handles. YES, it needs body and paint work, it is not a restored show car.

Car now has new KYB shocks, 2 GNX central body bushings, new cat, flusher power steering, fresh trans and rear dif service, Mobil 1 oil change, front-end allignment, compression test with new plugs - all 150-160, new interior parts, new O2 sensor

GN caps and badges removed, non-working boost controller removed, new turnsignal handle. Will be sold w Centerline wheels

RUNS STRONG AND HANDLES GREAT - drive it before making offers
Will be available for inspection antime, will sell in 2-3 weeks when '87 rebuild is finished

New repairs and upgrades on the '86 T-Type

Yesterday the read dif inspection plate was painted and new syn lube put in. Its getting a fresh T-type steering wheel.

The original EQ radio is beiing tweaked by audio shop to work correctly w the power antennae.

New motor arrived for passenger power window. New '86 owner's manual arrived. At the new inspection O2x was below 500, emission standards being 1100 so it is running fast, cool (new thermostat) and clean.

Having done the front brakes I didn't like the rears and we recut one drum and replaced another that wasn't meaty enough. Now it stops on a dime.

When someone buys this it will be mechanically perfect and detailed in engine bay and underneath so only cosmetics will be left...

Will be sold with a set of Centerline wheels: waiting for the new owner's street slicks, summer tires or extreme Hoosiers

For a "parts car" it is certainly flattering when strangers stop me and ask if its for sale. As soon as Stage 1 finishes the motor in my '87, it can go to a new home, mechanically perfect and just needing some cosmetics.

Stolen and 9:01 Monay, 2/4 from Radical Tunes in Wayne, NJ - security cameras caught it on tape. Look our for anyone trying to sell a motor and accessories. Never even got to hear my new radio!

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear this. These cars are like a bullseye to a thief. Time for an alarm and a kill switch for mine. This happens way to often.

Stolen and 9:01 Monay, 2/4 from Radical Tunes in Wayne, NJ - security cameras caught it on tape. Look our for anyone trying to sell a motor and accessories. Never even got to hear my new radio!

Where was Smith and Wesson? I'll keep an eye out in Bridegeport. That sux. No Kill switch?

Sorry about your loss, but I did want to add one thing since it was such a big deal in this topic. All 86's are titled as T-types...... That was probably a GN from the get go.

Hope you find your car.

Back