86 Buick Regal T-Type with Stage 2 Motor

schmir1

1986 Buick Regal T-Type with Buick MotorSports Stage 2 Racing Motor. This one has all the good stuff and is Rosewood color. The motor has just been rebuilt by expert motor builder (Mike Laciura, Wildcat Performance in Adel, GA). This motor was featured in the Tom Shea, engine build article in the Sept / Oct and Nov / Dec 2007 GS Extra.

The transmission has just been freshened and upgraded with hardened parts by Master Transmission in Rosemount MN. It has a high stall non lock–up converter.

The car has a second fuel system for race fuel. This is a TSR fuel system that is switchable from the driver’s seat.

This car has all of the HP components that you would expect on a high end performance TR. It puts on a good appearance and runs well. Everything works.

Car specs are:
274 CID Stage 2 Buick MotorSports Racing motor recently rebuilt
Buick Motorsports “Stroker” Crank
New Flat tappet cam, 214, GSCA club cam made by Reed Cams
M&A heads
New GT 70 turbo from Limit Engineering
C-Com FAST bank to bank ECU (I’m including laptop PC for tuning)
84 LB injectors (cleaned and flowed)
3500 stall converter and a 2004R transmission with hardened parts
TSR Racing Fuel System in Trunk with new MagnaFuel 4301 pump
New Main Fuel Pump
Enhance oiling system
New Spark booster
All gauges
All options
New Twin waste gates
Air Conditioner just serviced
Car comes with 6 T-Type Wheels, 6 highway radial tires, 2 drag radial, 2 D.O.T slicks, and 1 compact spare

Car has all options and completely streetable. This is a fun car. Car located in the Minneapolis area. Will sell for $18,900.

Contact Bob Schmitt 612-308-6445 (cell), 763-526-0819 (work)
robert.schmitt@medtronic.com
Can send pics

Attachments

• car&street.jpg
    car&street.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,670
  • Buick_Passenger_Side.jpg
    Buick_Passenger_Side.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,656
  • Buick_Engine_Driver_Side.jpg
    Buick_Engine_Driver_Side.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,726
The motor, tranny, and turbo only has a few thousand. The body has about 70K. Has not been dyno'ed but my motor builder thinks 650 to 700 hp.

18,900 for a Stage car? That is cheap money man! Someone is going to get a good deal. I bet the motor cost that alone.

Are all the stage 2 blocks aluminum? + I tried to google m+a heads but nothing came up,are they aluminum,ported,roller rockers,studded etc. please elaborate.

A few more, any rust,ever been painted,is the rear built,suspension mods,what intercooler?really could use a little more details on the car. Thanks

No rust, original paint, shocks and air bags. I'll try and track down more answers.

Are all the stage 2 blocks aluminum? + I tried to google m+a heads but nothing came up,are they aluminum,ported,roller rockers,studded etc. please elaborate.

I guess i should have asked if this block is aluminum,because the one i saw when i googled stage 2 buick v6, was + i don't know if they all are.

Thanks

I put together some questions I’ve been getting and answers
>Can you give me details on heads?
The heads are M&A castings (Aluminum). They are max ported and
matched to the ported intake and have stud mounted roller tipped rockers.

>Is the car still available?
Car is available.

>Are there any issues with it?
No issues.

>What converter is in it?
3500 stall converter and a 2004R transmission with hardened parts

>Tell me more about the fuel system?
The main pump is an "in tank" aftermarket upgraded pump with Kenne-Bell HD booster pump that flows enough for 1000 hp.
TSR Racing Fuel System in Trunk with new MagnaFuel 4301 pump flows 1500 hp.
Switchable for main to racing fuel pumps from inside car

>How does it ride on the street?
Great street car, comfortable but stiff ride. I have driven it several hundred miles and felt comfortable.

> What does it have for a suspension and brakes?
Air bags and racing shocks
Good brakes, just replaced accumulator

>What Driveshaft and what rear?
Don’t know but haven’t had trouble with them. Previous owner might have done something. I’ll ask.

>How many miles?
The motor, tranny, and turbo only has a few thousand. The body has about 70K.

>How much HP?
Has not been dyno'ed but my motor builder thinks 650 to 700 hp.

>How is the paint?
Original paint, good but not show quality

>Any rust
No

>Intercooler?
Front mounted, I will try to get details from previous owner

>Motor?
274 CID Stage 2 Buick MotorSports Racing motor recently rebuilt
Off-center and not aluminum
Buick Motorsports “Stroker” Crank

Sorry, not interested in trades.

I had the car sold for $18,000. Unfortunately, my buyer needed more money, for a house he was purchasing, then he had anticipated. This didn’t leave him enough for my car. So, I’m going to offer the car for a firm price of $18,000 right now.

Has anyone local looked at this car? Can anyone offer any feedback/history on the car? Hate being too far away to do it myself and Please don't go out of your way to do so as I am just browsing at this time and the price of this car is unreal! Thanks Eric

engine builder ????? I have my 87gnsold but i want take the guys money until i find something that i want . I wish you were closer. Any rust issues like doors, floor pan etc??he has tried to give me the cash two times today but i just dont want to have the money in my pocket cause ill spend it and want have another tr