86 hot air car

only"T"intown

I stopped a while back to look at a gn for sale in front of a house. The guy told me it was a very early 86 but it was a hot air with the early gn wheels. This possible?

They did make a slight change in the late 85 models by changing the oil pan bolts from 14 to 20 bolts. Mine car is a late 85 GN and I wouldn't try to misrepresent it as a 86.
I saw the same car I think you're talking about on autotrader and it was definitely misleading at first, although they do call it a 85 in the description. The picture looks like the front bumper fillers need to be replaced.

esinger said:
They did make a slight change in the late 85 models by changing the oil pan bolts from 14 to 20 bolts. Mine car is a late 85 GN and I wouldn't try to misrepresent it as a 86.
I saw the same car I think you're talking about on autotrader and it was definitely misleading at first, although they do call it a 85 in the description. The picture looks like the front bumper fillers need to be replaced.

Saw this one near Marion NC. my "awhile back" meaning a couple of years.

Bogus

The VIN is "7" for the LC2, hot air would be a "9" I believe. Something funny going on, engine/VIN swap? GN rims on drivers side, junk rims on passenger side. Nice car :rolleyes:

441120 said:
The VIN is "7" for the LC2, hot air would be a "9" I believe. Something funny going on, engine/VIN swap? GN rims on drivers side, junk rims on passenger side. Nice car :rolleyes:

I don't see anything funny, it's explained in the description. The car's a theft recovery 86, with a hotair 85 engine (not original). The description says it's not the original engine.

The owner must have a sense of humor. The first picture shows two stickers that say "LIKE NEW".

Something aint kosher there. There are two different sets of photos. Maybe before and after. Somebody went through a lot of work. Everything under the hood is from a hot air. The motor,HVAC even the hydraboost. But the interior is 86-87. How do I know its not an 85 interior? The plastic covers on the sides of the seats. 86-87 they were gray in color and in 85 they were black. The 84 had a completely different interior. If I had to guess I'd say somebody swapped VIN tags and used the seats from an 86-87. Maybe the tag and seats came from the same 86 GN? Something aint kosher.

Maybe somebody rented it from Hertz back in 86 and swapped their 85 motor in on the weekend. :eek: Like they did to the Shelby's. From the looks of the hood pad its been a hotair for a while.