You can type here any text you want

86 Metallic Blue, Moonroof T-Type!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tomcatturbo

Hi Folks!

I'm Regretfully selling my 86 Moonroof T-Type. I hate to part with my Moonroof T-type, however due to a buying new home, it sadly needs a new owner.
This car is a daily driver type of car, or you can easily take it to the track now with all the mods that are on it. It can be driven anywhere, and runs excellent! I just drove it the other day over 100 miles down to Fort Meyers and back to Tampa. On the highway it runs terrific, this car pulls very strong and will not leave you stranded. No knock or ping and runs absolutely fun to drive especially with the Moonroof open. Also, Moonroof works perfect, and headliner is in excellent shape.

With that said, here's a list of what it has:

86 Buick T-Type 160,000 miles on Chassis, approximately 5,000 since rebuild
Factory Power Silver Moonroof (Works Perfect)
T-type Rear Spoiler! (Rare Option)
Rare Factory Digital Climate Control (Rare Option)
Driver Side Power Seat (works perfect and nice option)
Power Windows
Excellent Interior- Excellent Headliner & Upholstery
New Floormats from Jaxseatcover
All new Seals around Windows, Moonroof Rail, and Doors
Fresh Metallic Blue Paint, (WS6 Pontiac Blue)

CK Performance, New York
CK Performance Built Engine Recently Done (.30 over, Forged Pistons, Billet Mains, Comp Mild Roller Cam, Stock 109 Original Block)
CK Performance Built Stage1 Transmission Recently Done

Performance Parts, Etc
New GN1Performance “Big Boy” Front Mount Intercooler (installed by CK Performance)
Poston Stainless 3 inch Downpipe
Hooker 2 ½ inch Dual Exhaust with Aerochamber Mufflers
Kirban Rear Seat Frame Brace
Kirban Moonroof Rails Brand New
Brand New Turbotweak Chip from FullthrottlePerformance
50 MSD Injectors (1 year old)
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
TA-49 Turbo New From Kirbanperformance
Heads Redone with Beehive Springs, 3 Angle Port/Polish
ARP Bolts, Brand New Gaskets, absolutely Zero Engine Oil Leaks Anywhere!
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump with Kirban Hotwire Kit
GNX Wheels from Kirbanperformance in Excellent Condition (No Curb rash either)
Goodyear Eagle GA Tires with Good Tread
New Battery
Water Pump is Brand New
Scanmaster 2.1 from Fullthrottle
TurboTweak Chip from Fullthrottle
UMI Performance Upper and Lower Bars
Spohn Rear 1 inch Chrome Moly Sway Bar
Big Mouth Cold Air-Intake System
Mini Starter
Brand New Alternator from Advanced Auto with Lifetime Warranty

ALKYCONTROL, Tampa

Alkycontrol Alcohol Injection (installed by Alkycontrol, in Tampa)

KDK Performance, Orlando
Brand New BullitProof Rear! Newly Installed Brand New Eaton Centersection Also, New 3:42 Ring Gear, (Receipt for over $1300.00 for whole new rear done recently)

I have all receipts for all work done. My receipts total 13,600.Also have receipts for all new parts. Title is Free and Clear, in my name, no hassles or worries.

I'm asking 7,000 OBO
My name is Mike and my number is 813 404-0906
My email is ipodintampa@yahoo.com

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

A couple more pics I just took a few minutes ago. Just got back from using it tonight to go to the store to pic up my kid a Gamecube game from Blockbuster.

Notice the autometer gauge lights are lit on the Buick Motorsports Dash-Plaque.

Also, there's a nice Pioneer CD 50watt Stereo in there playing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" Song.

It's a nice real nice car....
IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Hi Folks Item number: 180141791566

I went ahead and just listed it on Ebay for now. I pretty much did this to help make it easier for me and the buyer as well. I would like the buyer to have it shipped, and I'd like to keep communication clear and recipricate. Also, I hope to get and give a good feedback rating.

My reserve is very reasonable, I trust whomever this car goes to will be happy with it.

Also, the one fella who pm'd and responded 1st from N.J. I will call you 1st thing this week when I go back to work.

Have a nice Sunday

how is the car as far as rust ??? doors, 1/4s and floors ?? thanks

Hi Grumpy!

Thanks for asking (see below)

Q: was there any rust before the paint work? undercarriage descent? Jul-22-07
A: This car has 2 small bubbling surface spots, but nothing major at all. 1 spot is on the driver side rear quarter at the very bottom, and theres a small area where it's bubbling the paint a little bit. The other area is a small bubble spot of surface rust bubbling a little area in the center of the tail lid. I'm confident you'll find this car to be very solid, and what I say. Other than that, theres no concern for anything major at all with concern to floorpans, etc. This car is 90% solid, and I personally wouldnt ever own a car that has a serious rust problem. The Rearend is totally rust free, and new. Feel free to email me at ipodintampa@yahoo.com or call me 813 404-0906 for any more detailed info.

I took these yesterday, after the rain. Lots of nice afternoon showers here in Florida during the summer.

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

nice new 8.5 inch rear......

IMG_1016.jpg

Nice new Umi Uppers and Lowers......

IMG_1020.jpg

The car was purchased from a previous board member that was located in same town & here's the problems he had & the threads he posted for sale before Mike purchased it

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/florida-area/204506-86-t-type-4-sale.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/197788-rocker-panel-repair.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...pair/197246-how-fix-floorboards-properly.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...how-fix-inner-rear-wheel-well-rust-holes.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...epair/177155-how-do-i-stop-leaks-pillars.html

Looks like the previous owner from his threads had some rust issues
Hope this helps
FRED

Rust issues discovered...

Thank you for the info on the rust issues!!!!

The issues are minor and to those who may be sincerely concerned, you're welcome to email me at ipodintampa@yahoo.com and I can shoot you pics of any square inch of this car to show you there's no major issues with rust, etc. If you live close by me here in Central Florida, call me and come take a look at this car in person before someone buys it from me from a further distance. I welcome you to come and see an extremely nice Turbobuick.

I had a Poston rocker professionally installed and painted on the driver side which Fred mentioned above since in my possession.

By the way, I once bought a Turbobuick from Fred TbirdV6- paid him $7500.00 Cash for that old 87 Blue and Chrome T-type with the extreme Passenger side Rattling T-top window, Pinging, and a few other serious issues, without any haggling at all...

Also I had my own Poston Stainless downpipe installed on this car.

This car is solid, nice, and will find a new home. I'm completely confident the next new owner will be completely happy with this car.

There's a couple of things I would like to also address while I'm here.

1.) The a/c system is currently not working. Compressor is not locked up, but neverltheless, it's not blowing cold air. I don't know what the problem is, but I will say that this was never a concern for me with this MoonRoof car, and I live here in a very hot and humid Florida climate.

2.) The speedometer had recently stopped working after the new Rear was done at KDK Performance. Kevin was aware of this, and said basically he was almost sure it was the gear on the speedo-cable. I do have a 3:42 cable gear in a box, and it goes with this car.

I was going to fix these couple of small things, but moving presides over that for now. Also, I own a really nice hardtop Grand National, and it was hard to pick which car to sell. My wife likes the Black Buick better, so I chose this car to find a new home.

Other than that, I'd be happy to discuss my car with anyone who's interested in any issue at all. Again, I have a all receipts for the work/parts done on this car.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike 813 404-0906
email: ipodintampa@yahoo.com

The issues are minor and to those who may be sincerely concerned, you're welcome to email me at ipodintampa@yahoo.com and I can shoot you pics of any square inch of this car to show you there's no major issues with rust, etc. If you live close by me here in Central Florida, call me and come take a look at this car in person before someone buys it from me from a further distance. I welcome you to come and see an extremely nice Turbobuick.

I had a Poston rocker professionally installed and painted on the driver side which Fred mentioned above since in my possession.

By the way, I once bought a Turbobuick from Fred TbirdV6- paid him $7500.00 Cash for that old 87 Blue and Chrome T-type with the extreme Passenger side Rattling T-top window, Pinging, and a few other serious issues, without any haggling at all...

Also I had my own Poston Stainless downpipe installed on this car.

This car is solid, nice, and will find a new home. I'm completely confident the next new owner will be completely happy with this car.

There's a couple of things I would like to also address while I'm here.

1.) The a/c system is currently not working. Compressor is not locked up, but neverltheless, it's not blowing cold air. I don't know what the problem is, but I will say that this was never a concern for me with this MoonRoof car, and I live here in a very hot and humid Florida climate.

2.) The speedometer had recently stopped working after the new Rear was done at KDK Performance. Kevin was aware of this, and said basically he was almost sure it was the gear on the speedo-cable. I do have a 3:42 cable gear in a box, and it goes with this car.

I was going to fix these couple of small things, but moving presides over that for now. Also, I own a really nice hardtop Grand National, and it was hard to pick which car to sell. My wife likes the Black Buick better, so I chose this car to find a new home.

Other than that, I'd be happy to discuss my car with anyone who's interested in any issue at all. Again, I have a all receipts for the work/parts done on this car.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike 813 404-0906
email: ipodintampa@yahoo.com

What does this statement pertain to in representing your car:

"By the way, I once bought a Turbobuick from Fred TbirdV6- paid him $7500.00 Cash for that old 87 Blue and Chrome T-type with the extreme Passenger side Rattling T-top window, Pinging, and a few other serious issues, without any haggling at all... "

Good Luck in your sale
FRED

Thanks Fred- Good Luck with your business as well.

By the way Fred, I know you Never got a chance to see this car but-
If you sincerely are serious
and want to see my car and take it for a spin
and have a real good look at it,
I welcome you anytime this week at all.

I'm can make myself available anytime at all, even with my busy Engineer job, and Closing on a new Home, and Moving.

If you see it, hear it, drive it, you'll know it is what it is....

Very Nice, and Priced to Sell.

Thanks Fred- Good Luck with your business as well.

By the way Fred, I know you Never got a chance to see this car but-
If you sincerely are serious
and want to see my car and take it for a spin
and have a real good look at it,
I welcome you anytime this week at all.

I'm can make myself available anytime at all, even with my busy Engineer job, and Closing on a new Home, and Moving.

If you see it, hear it, drive it, you'll know it is what it is....

Very Nice, and Priced to Sell.

$7K?

If you have 7k Fred, that will get you the keys and title

...but you're going to have to wait in line - There's a few serious prospective, potential buyers in front of you.

:smile:

If you have 7k Fred, that will get you the keys and title

...but you're going to have to wait in line - There's a few serious prospective, potential buyers in front of you.

:smile:

If that's the case-then WHY did you list it on EBAY?
FRED

I listed it on Ebay so that people won't hijack my selling ad....

I listed it on Ebay so that if some reason someone isn't happy they can rightfully comment on what wasn't right that made them unhappy.

I listed it on Ebay so I can sell my car, plain and simple.

My reserve is almost met on Ebay.

And to all those looking and bidding, please feel free to ask me any questions. I have absolutely nothing to hide, I promise.

Good Luck and to the few people I spoke with from the Forums here, thanks a lot for your time so far.

Please leave this thread alone if you're not truly interested. I wouldn't do that to you. Thank You.

If that's the case-then WHY did you list it on EBAY?
FRED

Bump for a beautiful car. I use to think that maroon was the best color for a t-type but after seeing your car I’ve changed my mind. Good luck with the sale.

Back