86 rx-7 hybrid w/lc-2 motor and trans

turboted231

Well i hate to do this but i need some cash for the new year. My project of several years has came to an end. What i have is a nice 86 rx-7 rare hardtop for sale. It has a brand new motor with less then 500 miles on it. It has a stock 200 r4 brf trans a and muiti disc vigilanti conveter. the rear end is a 8.8 Ford super coupe rear 3:23 posi and that has been adapted to fit the rx-7. It has the mazda turbo 2 axle's in it. All the mazda gauges function as if it had the mazda motor in it. the tach, speedo oil pressure temp and volt meter all work like factory. The Body is the artic mist light blue and was a one owner car and garge kept so it's in real nice shape with no rust at all. It has the turbo 2 hood on it. If anyone is interested in it i want a mere 7500.00 for it, considering all the time and money i have spent on it. This conversion was done like the misred.com car, mike has given me alot of help doing this. I will try to post some pic's or anyone can call me at 918-724-2950, thanks ted, ps: e-mail is turboted231@cox.net

Attachments

• rx 7 8-8-07 001.jpg
    rx 7 8-8-07 001.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,363
  • rx 7 8-8-07 002.jpg
    rx 7 8-8-07 002.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,363
some underhood pics would be good too..where in BA are i might swing up there & take a look at it.

pic's

i have to find my camera (kids took it) and i will take some pic's and post them, ck back later or call me, thanks ted :confused:

looks great Ted !!! good luck with the sale .. just started working on my $$$$ pit again to :rolleyes: :p oh focus the damm camera !! :eek: :biggrin:

That looks like a nice car Ted, and a very good price! Ted is a stand up guy. I bought a WH1 from him a few years back and it was everything he said it was and ran great! I wish the RX7 had a back seat for my girls because I would love to have it. Good luck with the sale.

rx-7

Thanks Seve for the compliment. This car did have a back seat when i got it and i sill have it, springfield is not very far away, come on down. I think steve can testify for the engine builder that did all the machine work on the motor (dicus benton) and the motor is built right and it's just like the one that steve bought from me in the wh-1, it has the billet main caps, main studs and head studs and all the nice parts, like forged pistons ect, Anyway this car will be an awesome sleeper for someone maybe, who know's. thanks ted ps: the rear end came from grumpy and heck focus on the camera what the heck is that grumpy ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can you list all the modifications/ upgrades done to the car? The website for misred is down, but i was able to check a few snapshots of the red car on google images.

I just saw you post your car has upgraded pistons, and studs.

What all is done to this bad boy? How clean is the body and paint?

Once you have time to take some pictures, please email them to wanner@kc.rr.com

I assume the AC does not function in this car?

BW

mods

Well first off the heads have not been race ported, they have been cleaned up nice and some minor porting done. the motor has the stock headers that have been coated and the cross over has also been done. the motor has the hyd cam and the stock front cover on it. the turbo is a ta-61 and it has the factory eastern front mount ic on it for the gn, with custom mandrel bent 2.5in tubing that goes under the top of the radiator support. the top of the radiator support has not been cut like the misred car. The down pipe has the tta elbow on it and i made a 3" dp from it and used the v band clamp after it so it can be unhooked under the hood. the gn test pipe has been installed and it has the dump in the same location as the gn it's stainless and the dp is not. the rear of the test pipe has another v band claimp and can be unhooked from the exaust. the back part of the exaust is from a muffler shop and it runs from the test pipe to a 2.5 in dual splitter and then back to 2 round dyno max mufflers as seen in the pic's. the radiator is in the stock location and it's a 24-19 acr from e-bay and has a ford taurus high speed fan on it. the trans is a stock brf code with a 7 disc lock up vigilanti in it. the brakelight switch has been hooked up from a gn to unlock the converter. For some reason the conveter is not locking up i have not found out why. the trans is a bone stock unit from a 86 ttype and it shifts nice. the driveshaft and rear end came from grumpy in mass and it's a stock unit with 323 gears and i checked the speedo and it is dead on. i have an extra diff for the car. the trans has an inline speed sensor on the speedo cable and adaptor for the lock up from caspers on it, so the ecm reads the speed. the stock gn harness was used and the ecm is in the same location as the stock mazda unit, under the pass side floor pan. the car runs and drives nice and it has a reg ole xp fuel pump on it. Anyway that pretty much sums it up for now. If anyone is interested in the car call me and we can talk. thanks ted PS: the body on the car is very straight and it has some door dings but is nice, it has a big scratch on the drivers side when someone keyed it, but other than that it's decent.

Thanks Seve for the compliment. This car did have a back seat when i got it and i sill have it, springfield is not very far away, come on down. I think steve can testify for the engine builder that did all the machine work on the motor (dicus benton) and the motor is built right and it's just like the one that steve bought from me in the wh-1, it has the billet main caps, main studs and head studs and all the nice parts, like forged pistons ect:

The motor in my WE4 was built by Dicus also. He is a great guy and very knowledgable on turbo Buick motors and builds great motors. The WH1 ran 10's for Ted, ran 10's for me and I sold it to guy here on the board and itis still running 10's! Its pretty tempting Ted, I do already know the way to your house! Have you weighed it?

Whats the weight?

How much does it weigh now? Do you have any ac parts that could be used in puttinng the ac back in? Please let me know if you still have it , thanks Henri...