You can type here any text you want

86 T-Type stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtviper

86 Buick T-Type Stage II car with 64,000 miles on it.The car is silver.The car has Electronic Climate Control,Power Everything,Astro Roof.Car is clean. It has Fast EFI Sequential system. RJC A/C delete, Delta Wastegate, Innovative Boost control, Fuel pressure gauge on hood, Big Mouth cold air induction system 4", 3.5" single exhaust, roll cage swing outs passenger and drivers side, New M/T two piece wheels front and rear with new M/T Drag Radials. Has 15 runs at the track and 150 miles of street driving on fresh motor

Stage II off center block
Carillo Rods
Weisco pistons cut for StageII Heads
Block and heads are O-ringed
3.625 Forged Steel Crank
BHJ Balancer
The Wheal Flywheel
Champion Heads
Comp Solid Roller cam
Scorpion Roller rockers
Champion Ported Intake with 83# injectors
76 Q-trim Turbo.5
Houston Headers and 3 1/2" down pipe and exhaust
U-1 front Mount Intercooler
TH400 w/transbrake & ultrabell
10" Hughes 3600 stall convertor
3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft
10 bolt rear end 33 spline axles w/spool housing has extra bracing on axle tubes
Aerospace front brakes
Poly Bushings
Koni Shocks
Wolfe rear sway bar
Car is Mini tubbed
8pt Moly Cage
Dry cell Battery mounted in trunk
New Autometer gauges
Promatic shifter in Console
Line lock
Aluminum Radiator
Twin XP pumps mounted in tank
Russell fuel Injection lines

Car has run 10.01 at 134mph on 21 lbs boost with safe tune. 10 lbs boost on launch. Extra Parts included:
BGC manifold with Fuel Rails used few hundred miles.
Stage 2 Off center intake and fuel rails,BMS 4 bbl intake converted to FI by Champion icluded are fuel rails and brackets, Lingenfelter 90 degree plenum and dual 57 MM t/b and 4 inch adapter to fit intercooler pipe.
New Chrome mezure water pump, still boxed
New Tiano Laptop holder and Compaq Laptop computer.
New Accufab polished 70 MM t/b

Have many pictures I can send.
$27500.00 Duane 206-849-0984

Attachments

• tt1small.JPG
    tt1small.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,137
  • tt2small.JPG
    tt2small.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,079
  • tt4small.JPG
    tt4small.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • tt5small.JPG
    tt5small.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,053
  • tt6small.JPG
    tt6small.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,057
Had the car inspected for a potential buyer and the things he found undesirable was the sound; it has 3.5 inch exhaust exiting in front of the passenger side rear wheel. The lifters can be heard, it has a solid roller that is one of the most quiet I have heard before. The suspension makes some noise; it has the wolfe suspension and it can be heard when you go over bumps. I believe this system allows lower times without having to use higher boosts. I was able to run a 1.47 60 ft with 18 lbs of air in M/T drag radials and 10 lb of boost on the launch and 21 lbs boost for the run.
New Price $25,500.

Racer thanks for the offer but I would keep the car if I was too continue to race. Love the car just need to raise cash at this time.

I have seen this car in person a few times and it is nice! Sad to hear its being sold. :(

JP87 thanks for the comments. Who knows it might not sell after all, seems to be a lot of stage cars for sale right now. If not, I will be back at the track next year. Tried to make Turbo Thunder but left late on Saturday and after taking 2 hours to get to the Narrows Bridge we turned around and came home.The traffic was backed up form Fife to at least the bridge.

rtviper said:
JP87 thanks for the comments. Who knows it might not sell after all, seems to be a lot of stage cars for sale right now. If not, I will be back at the track next year. Tried to make Turbo Thunder but left late on Saturday and after taking 2 hours to get to the Narrows Bridge we turned around and came home.The traffic was backed up form Fife to at least the bridge.

I'm really surprised your car is still around considering how nice it is, but to be honest I think the economy is sh!t right now and nobody has any money (that includes me unfortunately)... Had this been about a year ago I don't think your car would've lasted very long!

86brick Thanks, I think your right. Maybe its a good thing it isnt selling. I would be hard pressed to find another car this nice for the same money later on. I did have someone serious about the car at first and when a friend looked at the car for him I was sure it was sold. It turned out the guy who inspected tha car thought the 3.5 inch exhuast was too loud and the solid lifters could be heard and the wolfe traction system made noise. Thats kind of like saying dont buy the black car because its too hot inside during the summer:)
I am going to run the 3.5 exhaust out the back because he was right, it is loud and I am too old for all that noise.

I don't care what the feds say. The economy is in the toilet right now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I know alot of people who can't even afford to pay attention!

Nice Car and good luck with the sale. :cool:

Clean Car

I have known this car for years and it is exceptionaly clean. I know stage cars aren't selling well right now but this is a very clean piece worth a lot more than the asking price. Jeff Church built the cage and is top knotch chassis builder. The short block came out of Ray Royers 8.0 twin turbo car and is as good as it gets. I know Tom never ran the car anywhere near it's potential he didn't even own a fire jacket he had to use mine when he ran it at Salem a couple years ago. Yeah that exhaust was horrible IMO when Jeff built it, but nothing to stop you from making it the way "you" want it. Best of luck with the sale someone will get a very nice piece.

Thanks Dave. I have never ran it close to its potential either. Installed a Fast system and had a local guy tune it for 22 lbs boost and made total of 5 runs. As an old guy 10.0 was plenty fast for me.

I know Tom never ran the car anywhere near it's potential he didn't even own a fire jacket he had to use mine when he ran it at Salem a couple years ago.

Is this the car that ran at Salem in TSO and got kicked for some Safety equipment B.S. I was told it was a street car and that thing made some damn good power from what I saw.

Might be the wrong guy, but I thought I would ask...

Ted I bought the car early 2005. I dont know if its the same car. When I bought it the car I added the Fast system. I have made about 6 runs and all have been around 21 lbs boost. 10.01 and 134 mph with 21 lbs boost.

Yea that car is just freaken awesome. Thats how a stage car should look.

Back