87' GN last time under the Knife!!

Friday March 23 2012 Update!!!...Poly frame bushings are in!..It did rasie the body "One Inch", Rear lower control arm braces welded in along with a UMI bar brace to the uppers...Couple pieces are shot in Paint!!! (Gun finish still,Rad. Core is in Satin)..Firewall's next then Car an the jams. After that Motor goes in!!

IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG

Enjoy!

Monday 3-26-12 Update!!My tires,Falken Azenis's, 295/40-18's in back,255/40-18's in the front on ROH Drift-R wheels, 260 hours in the build an the Car has Paint!!

IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG

An odd Weds. Update!! 4-4-12, The cars in polishing phase,hood an trunk are still waiting to be sprayed. Tomorrow the motor an trans go together,I'm going back up there to help. Here's the car now. Nice an Shiney, First photo is the roof shot from the rear looking forward

IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG

More to come tomorrow!

Enjoy!

Doesn't get any better than that! Glass bro. Did you see it in person or did they email you the pics.

Doesn't get any better than that! Glass bro. Did you see it in person or did they email you the pics.

All these pics i took, Bob is taking pics to as he goes along, I'll get all those when the builds finished. I'm headed back up to the shop today, We'er doing the motor!!

Thurs. Update!! 4-5-12 (next day) Well....We'er going to attach the trans. to the motor an drop it in but I decided to Ceramic Jet Coat alot of pieces..Jet coating the intake,valve covers,headers (again), cross pipe an down pipe lastly the turbo shield. cleaning up an blacking out again steel vacuum lines an fuel rail an the other steel tube braces . I think i'm going to aeroquip the heater core lines (duel lines,water pump to firewall heater inlets) an loose the steel pipe all together..The trans. is getting painted too.(its bulletproof 200r4,no trans brake,non-lockup with art carr 3500 10"),Now the hood's in prep for paint as well as the trunk. I'm going back to the shop Monday..Here's today's photos..(we added red iron I-beams to streghten the roof...lol April Fools)

IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG

Enjoy!

Looking good. Looks like its coming together fast now. I just did my headliner in black along with visors, eh maybe it needs to grow on me not crazy about it.

Monday Update!! 4-9-12,About the same'ol same'ol, parts are being jet coated,hood an fenders are being smoothed for paint.3" radiator an duel fans in steel shoud ordered,Won't be going up to the shop for another week, here's todays shot's in more real color, the last shots i found i took in "sunset" mode,opps..8^)

cccddd.JPG
cccddd (2).JPG
cccddd (3).JPG
cccddd (4).JPG
cccddd (5).JPG

Enjoy!!

Monday Update!! 4-16-12 Motor pieces are back!! little more shiny then i was expecting i'm not a chrome guy,but sure will be easy to clean..heh. When i pop my hood it will be like "Bling!!!" ,On the steel heater lines, we'er going to loose the throttle body access intead going Aeroquip . Fenders now have paint an will get polished next. The GNX flares,Grill an all the little trim pieces are in paint. Wheel wells are modified an painted,Assembely continues....

IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

Hood an trunk are in the booth..

Enjoy!!

Friday Update!! 4-20-12 , The interior's back in !! The 16 gauge plate's welded in behind the rear seats.One piece twin gauge a-piller monuted .The quarter glass windows are in. Now there's issues...The dash cap won't allow the gauge face cover to snap in!!, I'm also not pleased with the looks,So..most likely it's all coming back out again. Want a pain in the arse but i want the interior Factory New again in fit ,colors an feel. Still waiting on parts ordered then the motor an trans go in..

IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

Enjoy!!

Looks great nice paint especially the roof!! I hate chrome but got my Headers, crossover, turbo shields done on both cars Jet hot is amazing.
Not digin the wheels though IMO. Couple other things you should do while the car is apart. last yr I took my Rear out and had it sand blasted I painted it up with some Eastwood Extreme Chasis Black Gloss. SS Brake lines along with supension upgrades it came out really nice. Also pulled the tank out when I did my fuel pump and cleaned it down and sprayed it Aluminum put new SS straps in. Looks realy nice too. If I could just get the body done I would have it made. Great pictures looks like your gonna have a really nice ride once it's done.

Looks great nice paint especially the roof!! I hate chrome but got my Headers, crossover, turbo shields done on both cars Jet hot is amazing.
Not digin the wheels though IMO. Couple other things you should do while the car is apart. last yr I took my Rear out and had it sand blasted I painted it up with some Eastwood Extreme Chasis Black Gloss. SS Brake lines along with supension upgrades it came out really nice. Also pulled the tank out when I did my fuel pump and cleaned it down and sprayed it Aluminum put new SS straps in. Looks realy nice too. If I could just get the body done I would have it made. Great pictures looks like your gonna have a really nice ride once it's done.

Thanks, I done all the mech/drivetrain over the last 4 years, now was time to make it look like it runs!! The Wheels are temps till tire clearance's perfect, Then it's 3 piece wheels no adaptors but same size tire, maybe 315's in back,The currie 9" under it's front seal has leak, So while it's apart it'll get the works to. My car came factory undercoated so wasn't worth cleaning an painting what's not damaged,i'm still debaiting that new duel fuel pump thats out,but if i do, probably get new tank an all the lines in stainless

Enjoy!

Late Monday update!! Now everything's in Paint!!..Only awaiting parts for Mass Assembly!!

ggghhh (3).JPG
ggghhh (4).JPG
ggghhh.JPG

Now the bad news, I noticed some serious scratches on the windshild! Out it comes along with the my Capped Dash,what a waste that was!!
G-Bodyparts had mint dash an is on the way (i hope) I go back to the shop in week..

ggghhh (2).JPG

The cap has no molded stitching, the gauge cover won't fit anymore, the A/C vents are bland,an the fit's worse then original

Enjoy!

Update! 4-30-12,...381 hours in the build an Cars idle waiting on parts..up coming is putting the motor in fully assembled with trans.,Windows getting tinted to 5%,G-body parts is hunting the Dashboard an Surround down then we can finish the interior (again,cap idea failed!),the hood/trunk/flares get sanded an polished an put back on the car...Some of the trim pieces aren't so hot an will have to be re-shot

IMG_0049.JPG

Enjoy!

5-14-12 Update!! Rear flares are on. Hood,trunk,fenders in sanding an polishing phase. Just ordered the Original Factory Dashboard an Surround from G-Bodyparts.com ,should be here in a week,It came out of a 65,000 mile t-type. Sending my FAST ECU back to FAST for traction control update an getting a speed senor while the capped dash comes out, I'll have it for sale. Still waiting on some external motor assembly parts to drop the motor an trans in. I go back to the shop in week

IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG

5-18-12 Friday Update!! Gbodyparts.Com Dash arrived.It'll work!! Beat's the hell out of the cap idea i tried!!! Trans. is ready to mate to the motor.Down pipe an cross over been jet coated. Hoods sanded ready for a buff, Trunks in sanding phase still,I go back to shop Monday to crack the whip..heh

IMG_0095offset.JPG
IMG_0086offset.JPG
IMG_0089offset.JPG
IMG_0091offset.JPG

Enjoy!

5-21-12 Update!! I went up to the shop an used my super secret cleaning solution on the GBodyParts ordered Dash,Now it's all nice a blue/gray again. (If you wonder where all my money comes from, I'm a Car Washer..8^)..) Massive amounts of parts are ordered an should be in by Fri. Hood's done less aerospace heat mat going underneath,Hoods fiberglass ,we added an 1/8 inch to the nose for fit,The trunk an fenders are polished.

On the way to the shop today this ahole was riding my arse an weaving in out traffic,

Soon sucker Soon...!!!
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

Enjoy!

5-22-12 Bonus Thread! Now this is a DownPipe!!!

(the 3:44am Est ...Yawn!!!..5-22-12 Launch of the SpaceX Dragon Spacecraft)

Enjoy!