87' GN last time under the Knife!!

5-30-12 Update! Motors assembled,Only the accessories are left,It's being installed as i type this

IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG

Time to fill the hole...

Enjoy!

5-30-12 Update Part 2!!! The Holes Filled!!! I drove back up to the shop hoping there still working on the car, Nope, Motor's in already an the Mech left for the day..The New custom made steering shaft's in, Silicone hose's on ,some new AN fitting for intake, Alternator an Turbo's next along with all the sensors hooked back up, Spaghetti city!! After reading a thread today on oil pan height with dropped pan,Looks like my Trans. pans' even lower,I know more when the car together an on the ground. Hopefully i won't have any issues with the tight Susp. i run. All the hard plastic trim's being painted an the Dash swap-out still in the works.

IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG

Enjoy!

6-4-12 Update an Astronomy!! The Snails mounted, GT-71 3 bolt sneaky sneaky Turbo,Can't read the numbers on the injector harness so ordered new one, Needed it anyway, was the Origianl with over 100,000 miles,6 motor's in an out..heh..In case you missed it, the Earth shadow passed the side of the Full Moon this morning, Neat sight..Alert Alert!! Venus crosses in front of the Sun Tues. 6-5-12 at 6pm to Sunset..If you like to see it, use Welders Goggles/helmit, look for the Black Dot "Venus" won't happen again for 113 years..

IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG

Enjoy!

The paint looks amazing

Thanks,
I'm a professional detailer, Been doing mobile detailing for 30+ years,New paint job's are the enemy to me.... It was harder then i thought to scout out a good Auto Body place. After searching over 30 different shops locally,multiple e-mail est. sent out to others, i only found one guy that can turn out a flawless paint job.

No trash,No sanding marks,No runs,No blushes,No unevenness,No color difference's on all the different panels,(An warrenty's his work..)

http://www.prostreetcustomsinc.com/

When the car's finished i'll post the recipe

Enjoy!

Thanks,
I'm a professional detailer, Been doing mobile detailing for 30+ years,New paint job's are the enemy to me.... It was harder then i thought to scout out a good Auto Body place. After searching over 30 different shops locally,multiple e-mail est. sent out to others, i only found one guy that can turn out a flawless paint job.

No trash,No sanding marks,No runs,No blushes,No unevenness,No color difference's on all the different panels,(An warrenty's his work..)

http://www.prostreetcustomsinc.com/

When the car's finished i'll post the recipe

Enjoy!
Well its flawless!

6-15-12 Update!! The rear assembly's going together,I went ahead an ordered new front turn markers an signal lights,I can't find a New rear impact bumper strips!!,Guess everyone's been hit in the arse, i never have but i have pushed cars , so got new fronts. For now i'll just use my original one, it only as one or two goobers on it. The GBodyParts.com Dash is in , What a difference -vs- the Cap,Thanks Brain (now send my front fuel lines!...heh) Side mirrors are on, i swapped out the passenger adjustable from the dash for a manual adjustment.
XFI's at FAST being programed an updated. When it returns i find out how to attach the Speed Sensor on the currie 9". Still removing the front windshield. Getting Limo tint an strip like whats on the front now.I pulled a rear window out of a Cutless that had defrost to replace my rear that had a hole in the top for 80's cellphone jack (I bought this car used in 90' with 62,000 miles,$11,300)

IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3089.JPG

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 138
6-18-12 Update!! Paid the rest on the car,Rears going together an hopfully by next post the whole car will be assembled,Picked up the dash cap an will have for sale at the end this build along with other parts an pieces.

IMG_3076.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG

Enjoy!

6-25-12 Update!! Cars nose is on. Intercooler an Radiator been sprayed with sneaky sneaky heat dispersant paint. All the parts are in. Only thing left to get is set "custom" rate springs, 1" drop in front, 2" in the rear (The BMR control arms dropped front an 1" already). Currently with more steel parts still to be added, the car sits 10 inches (from behind front wheel) off the ground an 11 3/4" (measured in front the rear wheel) in the rear. Not making a asphalt scrapper but lowering enough for stability for constant jaunts at over 100mph +. 8^)
IMG_3078.JPG
IMG_3079.JPG
IMG_3082.JPG
IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3086.JPG
IMG_3087.JPG

Enjoy!

6-29-12 Update!! 519 hours in the build...So much for the car being all together already..the assembly's in slow motion..The Rad an Intercooler are in,nothing fancy on the sound system,just alpine cd deck an good speakers all around. I don't like Fords, but the one i think's neat was at the shop today..I go back in a week,Still have to pull the 9" chunk out an have custom yoke made for the traction control sensor (mines to big at 2.5" ),but that's all the hard parts,Last issue i might have after completion is wiring bugs,(The XFI,GNX Dash,Alky,Voltbooster,Newly added XFI boost solenoid )

Moich Fun!!

IMG_3116.JPG
IMG_3119.JPG
IMG_3121.JPG
IMG_3123.JPG

Enjoy!

Update!! 7-6-12, The cars basically all together now, Working out the turbo inlet an out let routing now,(the out-let hits the GN1 duel fan assembly) Adding the core support frame brace,re-fiberglassing my old KB lower front spoiler back together ( i hit a parking curb while back an it took the middle out) The cooler hanging between the intercooler pipes is a oil cooler. The 9" chunk i drove to Advanced Driveline of Florida, there reducing the yoke size to 2.188" from 2.50" so the traction control collar fits. I go back in week.......

IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG
IMG_3078.JPG
IMG_3080.JPG

Enjoy!

7-18-12 Update!! Well...I thought i just had a seal leak in the currie 9", Wrong, it's toast, the gears are burnt an knife edged. Getting the unit fixed. Was just re-built with less then 3 months on street driving only.Found the bolt-in currie 9" are only good to 435hp.... The Front Lower Spoilers fixed an being mounted.(made to look like i still a Stock Location Intercool,It's the Oil cooler you see) I went correlated Radiator hoses,easier to route away from heat an the ribs offer some more cooling. the front an rear frame braces are mounted, I await the rear-end now then it's back in busniess..

7-18-12 (2).JPG
7-18-12 (4).JPG
7-18-12 (1).JPG
7-18-12 (3).JPG
7-18-12 (5).JPG
7-18-12 (6).JPG

Enjoy!

8-13-12 Update!! The Punkin Chunkens built ! Bulletproof,billet,detroit locker with traction control !! Same 3:20 gearing . Ordering Q1A's all around, got tired looking for custom height an rate springs. Now i'll be autocross spring rated with adjustable height an valved shocking....Only have to work out all the clearance issues (exhaust,ATR rear sway bar, etc,etc) All the frame bracing's in except the two that go over the motor to the windshield from left an right fender corners. The Fiberglass KB lower scoops fixed an mounted along with the turbo inlet an outlets. The build continues........

IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3170.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG
IMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3173.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG

Enjoy!

8-27-12, The rear's being mocked for the new rear custom built Q1'a, Front's are in an Done!! Battery's going in the spare tire holder then i'll get a trunk kit to hide it. Now i'm debating the seat upholstery. Go Leather stock color's or stay stock colored cloth...it's $200 difference,but with the leather kit you get the rear side an front side door panel material too...It's almost ready for the first fire-up!!!

8-27-12 (1).JPG
8-27-12 (2).JPG
8-27-12 6.JPG
8-27-12 (4).JPG
8-27-12 (3).JPG

Enjoy!

Stock Cloth.

Sorry if I missed but, whats the name of the shop your using? That is an epic build.

9-5-12 Update! The Rear's been mocked an being assembled an checked for straightness,The battery box is in (adding a fake one in front to hide relays an the Alky pump). Once it's rolling again an battery's in it it's time to Power it up an debug anything found. It's about that time to Call goddess Holly for Cal....The Xfi's been 2.0 updated an traction control installed. To make sure i dont screw the pouch i'm have Cal Hartline go over the car before first fire,then hopefully fire it an go for some test drives, I can't dyno it yet till i break in the brand new gear's in the rear, so'll we'll just do drivability test an knowing me do one full throttle hwy run at 22psi.

9-5-12 (1).JPG
9-5-12 (2).JPG
9-5-12 (3).JPG
9-5-12 (4).JPG
9-5-12 (5).JPG

Enjoy!

9-11-12 Update! Car's in same shape was last update,(no photos this trip) Bob had family business to attend. The Rears being picked up today,It's all assembled an ready for paint!! Ride height get's set an new steel rear fuel lines ran an Back's done!! I called Cal Hartline an have an appointment with him next Tues. at Noon. We'er going to go over the whole car an check all the wiring's good (XFI,Traction control,Boost Sol.,Alky kit, etc,etc,) After all that if it's good to go, We Fire It!!! I'm so ready to have my car back!!!
Enjoy!

10-30-12, Boo!!!! Biotches!!!! I'm Back !!!

Sorry for the away time, wasn't my fault,i was Banned by the TurboBuick.com Site Owners for Stock ECM vs Aftermarket Units posts..I've since go to other sites,I've gave up on helping out in this one,It's the owners way or the Hwy here,More power to them all....(an not Figuratively as they think)

Any Way......Here's a Tease i filmed today,i'll post one more when the Car's Totally Done...

Enjoy!