You can type here any text you want

87 GN Stage II

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Car has 270" Stage II off-center, new GT4276 1.15 a/r
4L80e Trans with Billet 9x11 converter and Rossler Transbrake
New Magnafuel pump/filter
New A/C system with exception to evaporator
Built 8.5" rear with 3.73's, Detroit Locker, and Moser 30's
Too many details to list.

Yes! This was the car on the first Pinks All Out. It went 10.09 in the show with 22psi.

Can possibly deliver to Bowling Green or meet somewhere reasonable to commited buyer.

Asking $30,000.

Serious buyer's, please call me for more details 817-706-8658.

Thanks,
John Nguyen

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,843
Thanks Slaphappy.. where you from?

Also, the 10.09 was run on the 76GTQ turbo, and the pipes have been stripped of the powder coating and polished some.

Hey John,

Just out of curiosity... why are you selling it? That's a beautiful GN!

More importantly because I haven't had the time to enjoy it and other interests outside of cars have also become very important. Being on the Pinks show was the milestone for me in this car. I found that I do enjoy building cars, so I'm sure that much of the $ will be used to start another project.

For those that want to maybe build their own stage car? Make me a good offer, buy it, race it and enjoy for a year, take it apart, freshen whatever, put it back together. Change things you want to change.

Be happy, save money.

For those who have not have had the pleasure to meet John .........

John can be described as a VERY knowledgeable and honest gentleman.
In this car, you will get what you pay for ........... no gimmicks here.

As John stated:
If 10's are too fast, lower the boost .............. LOL!
TTT 4 U and BEST WISHES!

TTT for you John! I'm suprized you haven't sold that BAD AS$ car yet. Definately a great price! I'm buiding my Stage 2 motor right now and I will have much more into the car than that when I'm finished. I would have bought that one before starting my Stage project but I just couldn't find a buyer for mine fast enough! Nice car! Good luck! -------Jeremy

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Now back go studying. I have 4 exams in the next 3 days!

Jerryl, that's the nicest hot air GN I think I've every seen.

Good luck on your build up Jeremy. Learn a lesson from me, make the turbo the very last thing you buy.

Bump. Entertaining offers.

Am seriously looking for and considering a Duramax pickup or Silver T Type in partial trade. Something in the $12-15k range for truck and <$10k range for Ttype.

Thanks,
John

John,

I know you want me to say I'll buy it, but unfortunately I just want more info on the up pipe. Is that an alky nozzle? Did you make it yourself? Where can I buy one? thanks!

Jeremy, sorry, looking for at least a stock type extended cab truck, but limited budget for trade in's.

GNRick, the nozzle and holder are from carrolsupercharging. They have been doing water/alcohol on supercharged cars way before any of us in the buick world started mass producing any kits. I was convinced long ago after seeing two of my friends supercharged corvettes run deep into the 10's with 93 pump gas.

They make the nozzles in aluminum or stainless. whatever your liking.

John

Love the car

Should have set your trans brake!!! I wanted to see that machine GO!!!
Nice car I love it, good luck on the sale too

Can't believe no one has bought it yet! Just a perfect street/race car.

I know I know!!!

Worst thing is, I found out that there was a more than good chance I would have beaten the pickup. Her father and I have talked a little recently and he confirmed that I was running just a little faster that night.

Thanks guys,
John

John

That is one awesome car! Looks as if you have a lot of time and money in it. I saw your comment about exams. What are you going to school for? Adult student here also.

Evaddave

Hey Evaddave,

I just graduated from the Full time MBA program from SMU-Cox. Hoping to do corporate development/ M&A.

Worked for about 5.5 years for a startup Telecom here in TX prior to this.

How about you?

WOW, Congrats!

Well, about 5-yrs ago I was running a Midas Shop in Pittsburgh. Then I blew out my back, and had several surgeries to get mobile again. It happened at work so they paid the bills. While I was bedridden I started on-line classes at the local CC. (I just graduated with a AAS degree in Business Management. ) When i settled with the insurance company I decided to go for an engineering degree. I am transferring into University of Pittsburgh school of Engineering in the fall. Its a five year program, but I finished the first two years at the CC. So I have three left. The good news is I'll have a degree in engineering. The bad news is, when I graduate I will be broke! LOL All this with a new baby on the way!:D

Evaddave

Back