87 Grand National, Astroroof, MINT!

Congratulations

:cool: It was a very nice car - I know you've owned and sold some very fine cars. I figured it would sell when you lowered the reserve. Good for you and for the breed. Will you sell the other GN too?

Does the new owner have experience with turbo Buicks? From the Midwest? I guess my other curiosity is whether the new owner will drive it home?

Thanks Turbodan, lets go for a ride soon!

dwall, the car is going to a previous Turbo Buick owner. I think he may trailer back home. This time a year with snow, ice, rain etc its a gamble. If it was April, I would drive it. Its going to the midwest.

Yes, my 35,000 mile stock GN is for sale too.

All,
I probably will not be posting anymore of my cars for sale on this board again. I was very disapointed in the bashing and attitudes. Out of all the post, none were questions about the car, just praise and bashing.

I have been contributing to this Buick board and ONLY this Buick board for over 5 years now. It seems lately, anytime anybody puts a car up for sale here it gets bashed for this or that. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion with free speech and all. I just never type anything that I would not say to a persons face. If you look at the people bashing, its the same people over and over.

A seller can ask any price they want. I set my price and I usually get close to my price. Are my prices high? I guess not, I sell them all. The ONE reason my cars may seem high priced to some people is because when I buy a nice car, I buck up and pay the price to get a nice car PERIOD.

Steve, I am kind of new here, but don't take it negativly. It happens on every board I am a member. You did a great job with the ad and the car sold, so a big congradulations to you.

I have seen 50k-60K mile cars that put 20k-30k mile cars to shame.

Yep...

My Fiero had 50k miles, but it's mechanical & cosmetic conditon was closer to 10k miles.

Some people just look at year, make, model, miles and spit out a number. It's not that easy folks. There are many intangibles that go along with it.

I'll never forget...

I was at Carlisle, guy asked if my car was for sale, I told him yes, after summers over, and told him the price.

2 months later, on the other side of the state, I'm at a local car cruise. I'm sitting in my chair and I hear this guy talking to somebody in front of my car. He is going on and on about a Fiero at Carlise and how some guy was asking an absurd amount for the car. Well... the car and person he was talking about was me! LOL

So I stand up and say... "hey buddy, the car and person your talking about is right in front of you"

Long story short, I challenged his every comment, and made his look foolish in front of his friend and wife. He was just another uneducated person with a big mouth.

Turns out the car sold for MORE than I was asking for it, and I STILL have 2 to 4 people contacting me EVERY month wanting to buy that "over-priced" car.