87 Grand National, Astroroof, MINT!

Steve Petro said:
See 97 digital pictures at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/gto1966
Go to page 2 of the link and click on the album “87 Grand National with 49K Miles”

GENERAL INFORMATION:

This Grand National is in excellent show quality overall condition. I have owned many low mile Grand Nationals. I would line this car up with any car with less than 20,000 miles, you would be hard pressed to figure out which one has more miles. This one has the rare Astroroof (power moonroof). This maybe one of the most loaded with options Grand Nationals I have ever seen or owned. It has just turned 49,000 carefree miles. I have the complete history of this car with a paper trail a mile long to verify its mileage and history. I purchased this car three years ago from the original lady owner. This car was never used as a daily driver. This Grand National is 99% stock.

I am thinning out my collection; I also have another low mile, unmodified, documented, one owner, loaded Grand National with T-Tops that I will sell.

EXTERIOR:

The original paint has survived without checking, cracking, hazing, and peeling like most Grand Nationals have done over time. The paint does have the factory orange peel look to it. It is definitely car show worthy for its originality. This car was stored in a climate-controlled environment. This Grand National can be driven anywhere. It can be used for cruise nights or car shows. This is not a beat up drag raced car. It’s more of a show car. The only non-stock items are a new battery and Michelin factory size tires. The undercarriage is very clean with no rust on any of the floor pans. The door hem flanges are also rust-free. You can tell this car was never driven in the rain in its life.

INTERIOR:

The interior is in MINT condition. No cracks or fading. No burn holes. No stains. It has never been smoked in. It does not have any funky odors. It smells new. It does have a high-end Kenwood CD/MP3 player currently installed. The dash was not cut. I do have the factory GM radio with EQ that goes with the car. It was the top of the line radio for 1987. The Kenwood radio is hooked up to a CD Changer that is mounted in the trunk. The CD changer can be operated via remote control. The radio is the only non-stock item in the interior. All the options work perfectly, even the power antenna. The air conditioning blows ICE COLD.

MECHANICALS:

This Grand National can be driven anywhere. I have every receipt to track this cars entire history mechanically. It was serviced at the local Buick dealership. The original owner really used her extended warranty to the fullest extent. No major repairs were ever performed on the vehicle. The car still retains its original exhaust including its catalytic converter.

PERFORMANCE UPGRADES:

None. Zero. Usually every Grand National you will see for sale will have something added to it. This one is stock and unmodified!

FACTORY OPTIONS:

Astroroof (power moonroof) RARE!
Power door locks
Power windows
Power electronic trunk release
Power seat 6-way (drivers side)
Power antenna
Door edge guards
Protective side moldings
Soft Ray tinted glass
2-speed wiper delay
Electric window defogger
Front seat reading lamps
Lighted visor vanity mirror passenger side
Body color left/right remote mirrors
Tungsten halogen headlights
Headlights on indicator
Heavy-duty battery
Theft deterrent system
Limited slip differential (G80)
Electronic cruise control
Tilt steering column
Delco-GM cassette tape with AM/FM stereo with Equalizer
Concert Sound speaker system
Carpet trunk kit

Contact me at:
(248) 321-3750

Price $21,000.

Very nice car :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks. Like I said, I have been around these cars for many many years. I have had a bunch of them too. I certainly know the good ones from the bad ones. I have traveled many times to purchase a car or trade for a car, Pontiac, Buick or Chevy only to be deceived and lied to. I just turn around and come home. The next owner will be very happy with any of my cars as I have been. I will not try to defend my cars and/or price I choose to advertise it for. I have no respect for others that bash others to get noticed. They are more than welcome to come by me at a cruise night/car show and bash me or my cars in person ;) instead of hiding behind keyboards. :rolleyes:

Steve Petro said:
.........This Grand National is in excellent show quality overall condition.......... This car was never used as a daily driver. This Grand National is 99% stock......The interior is in MINT condition......This Grand National can be driven anywhere. I have every receipt to track this cars entire history mechanically.........This one is stock and unmodified...

DAMN :mad: :mad: :mad: Where were you six months ago when I bought mine.

This car says more than some GNX's I've seen for sale. With the vapor trail GNX prices are leaving, heading into the stratosphere, add 25%........v. nice car and good luck with the sale!!!! :D

For what it's worth....

I've never met Steve, but I believe I tried to buy one of the GTO Judge's pictured a while back. He was a nice guy, and really knew his cars. There are some buyers you want to buy from, and some you don't.

Don't suppose you'd sell me one of those GTO's at say 2002 prices would you? :smile:

How many of those do you have now?

EW

Okay, so make it a 1 POST ONLY board, then!

dhauser said:
Ok, little boys who feel they must tear everyone else down to build themselves up......that's the end of the price-bashing. If you cannot contribute anything better than whining about what someone is asking for his car, then do not contribute. It serves absolutely no purpose. I will simply delete further posts to that effect. End-O-Discussion-arino.

Okay, Let me get this straight...

First, I am very much one to build up others and reasonable people can disagree on many issues related to these cars, including price. But to single out and censor *only* negative posts regarding price is pretty goofy (I'm being tactful here).

That means it's keep your opinions to yourself, EXCEPT IF THEY'RE POSITIVE, right? So the "asking too much" posts are censored, yet the "asking too little" and the "hey, I love you man" posts stay? Huh?

Guys, this is a forum! If the car is so strong, he should not be offended in any way by the bashers on this board (even the serial jerks who should have been banned long ago for other reasons). Pay for an ad, take it to eBay, BJ, or another post-only area where there are no comments, good or bad.

If you didn't want comments, then don't post to a FORUM!

Mr. Moderator-- If you believe this should be a strict classified forum without comments, then limit to the original post with no follow up, positive or negative.

For the record, despite the strong price, I believe this car sounds very nice based on the description and my advice is always pay a bit up for quality. In a year or so (the magic 20 year mark) I believe what he's asking will be a "woulda, coulda, shoulda" which is why I just bought a pristine TR and paid a bit much myself. Soon these cars will be out of sight, price-wise-- especially the nice originals like this one.

Doug

T-Top car

Could you please post/e-mail me Thomasa4@fulton.k12.ga.us information on the T-top car? I'm sure you wish to sell the Astroroof car 1st but I am more interested in the T-top car. I also missed where you were located so if you could mention that again I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Alan

Whatever the market will bear!

Sounds like a darn (choose your own expletive) nice car……Excellent GN’s and GNX’s are going up. And will go up more. The 87’s set the high-water mark for options and turbo Buicks.

Does any of this debate sound familiar? The market works if we don’t interfere with the participants. This is a FORUM. Price bashing, cheap shots, rude comments are just that, even if they come under the heading of free speech. Delete them - why? :confused:

Has anybody ever asked more for their car than they got? Has anybody decided not to buy a car because the guy was asking too much? Each of those scenarios make me wince – been there and done it!

From the “Money Talks & BS Walks Dept.”: At a car show, I watched a couple egos go buck to buck for the right to pay more for a certain car, that I could have had for much less about an hour earlier. Talk about ‘shoulda, coulda’…… As for crack head prices…$4 Mil for a FutureLiner? A what? They tell me there are 3 more of these under restoration? I’ll bet there is a lot of activity around those restoration shops. Will the next one go that high? Doubt it.

The free market is interesting.
OK - I’m gonna go hide under my keyboard now. Later,
dwall

I saw that Futureliner in person. That guy hit the lottery. He was thinking he was going to get lucky and get $600,000 for it and got $4,000,000.

I am new to this so bear with me. I just read all the treads on the subject of pricing.I own an 86 gn with 11,000 original miles , and if I ever had to sell it I better, I know I will get good money for it!! If these people are that ignorant on prices of these cars , that tells me they have no idea what they are looking at in the first place. But you have to give them some credit, because they are the ones we owe to the prices on these cars. They buy them , modify them , then wrap them around a tree and make our cars worth even more!! So thank you ignorant people for helping the GN and t type owners get better money out of our collectable, RARE cars. :biggrin:

In my opinion, these cars are definately an investment. Thats why a lot of people are buying them right now. Not to own them and enjoy them, but to make money. Also in my opinion, this is a forum, and we are entitled to discuss the car that is for sale. I like to by them work on them as projects and restore them to a high quality standard, then when I'm done, I sell them and get another toy to play with. I usually don't try to make a bunch of money because I want my hobby to stay alive and I enjoy giving another "want to be" TB owner a chance at having a nice car rather than only making it possible for the rich to own one. I guess I care more about the hobby than the money! Good luck with the sale, I have a 39K car that is almost complete, I hope you do get the price. Maybe then it will be easy to sell my perfect car for $16K . Good luck!

Steve Petro said:
I dropped the price to generate some action, looks like it did.

Hope you get it. Your ad is really helping it, you did a nice job. Look at some of the other ones with less mileage, they are getting very little action compared to yours.

That 15,000 mile one is seeing less than yours, and it is the second time on there is 2 weeks. He should have put the stockers on and posted a pic of the other rims as a throw-in. The 19,000 mile one has horrible pics.

If you have been following the action the past week or so, I bought the 6700 mile one. Just waiting on the inspection report before sending payment.

The guy that had purchased my 1976 Trans Am had an inspector look at it.
He paid $325 for the report. I had to walk the guy through the car step by step, he was not that knowledgable about cars in general. He gave me his card when he left for his full time job as a real estate agent. Then he called me to ask me if it was numbers matching for his report. That was a laugh.
Good luck with your new toy. I love those Mach 1's too. Love that color of yours.

Steve, I hope you get what your asking. These cars are due for a price surge. Hoping to get the price i am asking for my car also.

Dan

Steve Petro said:
The guy that had purchased my 1976 Trans Am had an inspector look at it.
He paid $325 for the report. I had to walk the guy through the car step by step, he was not that knowledgable about cars in general. He gave me his card when he left for his full time job as a real estate agent. Then he called me to ask me if it was numbers matching for his report. That was a laugh.
Good luck with your new toy. I love those Mach 1's too. Love that color of yours.

I know what you mean by inspectors. I have used this guy for several cars and have always been happy. The guy checking the GN owns a restoration shop. I spoke with him today, and I can assure you he isn't a real estate agent. From our conversation, he seems to know what he is doing. My only real concern is he generally deals with older cars.

Thanks for the complients on the Mach. I am getting it ready for BJ down here next month. Unreal some of the little details you overlook. Every day it is another call to NPD for something or other. Tonight it was replacing all the screws, nuts and bolts under the hood.

Yeah, It's getting some action all right. Looks like its out the door. Did somebody say that car was only worth $16k? :smile: