You can type here any text you want

87 T Saffire Blue Stolen Green Brae, Ca.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

acoen

Posting for a friend....

87 Turbo Regal stolen from Green Brae, Calif. (Marin County) November 7th, 2007 between the hours of 1pm and 1:30pm. John Larson just purchased my Saffire Blue Turbo T about two weeks ago. He Parked his car at a Longs Drugs in and out of the store and the car was gone. Witnesses say that the car was lifted by two African American's in there mid 20's. The car is Saffire blue, GN spoiler with stock wheels and blue interior. The car has 46k miles. Please Call John at (415)640-2010 if you have spotted the car. Officers claim that cars are stolen and driven to Richmond Ca to be stripped and parts sold. Please keep an eye on Craigs List and Ebay for parts coming from the SF area. The Vin on the car is 1G4GJ1174HP410036.
The car has some peeling paint or clear on the driver's side front fender and GN rear spoiler. Other than the peeling paint the car is perfect. The car has new 235 60rx15 Pirelli Tires and Oregon plates....easy to spot.

Please keep an eye out....good luck John, hope these fools get caught!

Attachments

• stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 720
  • rear%20quarter%20right.jpg
    rear%20quarter%20right.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 714
:eek: That's terrible! Hope it is found undamaged soon! BTW- was there any column lock or any type of theft prevention installed?

John is beside himself......very disappointed. His cell phone was in the car, too bad that you couldn't call the cell phone and track the call.....

I hope they find out something soon.

Aaron

anti theft, anti theft. even a ign kill relay and a hidden switch would have slowed them down..........

Great news the police found the car pretty much unharmed with the thief at the wheel. Car is back and the thief is hopefully getting rogered in his jail cell.:eek: I will let John give the details, but the car is back running like new and in pretty good condition.

Thanks guys.

Aaron

Pm or post the thiefs name so we can help him with his "recovery" and "visit" him in jail.
Man when I read this yesterday my heart sank and it put me in a bad mood. I am so glad they found the car and caught the guy

Pm or post the thiefs name so we can help him with his "recovery" and "visit" him in jail.
Man when I read this yesterday my heart sank and it put me in a bad mood. I am so glad they found the car and caught the guy

Wasn't my car any more and I was soooo pissed! I was bummed all day. The car is pretty much unscathed.....I would like to have the guys name too.

At least the car was recovered in one piece.:) They love to steal TBs in California, I was being followed just tonight by a 90's Caprice...but NOT by a cop car!

Car thieves suck. I hear of all of the "tow jobs" that go on, makes me wonder how do they manage to do it so quickly? You'd think it would take time to pull the car on the flat bed with the cable, and the truck can't drive away fast....

Car thieves suck. I hear of all of the "tow jobs" that go on, makes me wonder how do they manage to do it so quickly? You'd think it would take time to pull the car on the flat bed with the cable, and the truck can't drive away fast....

Ever time yourself on how long it takes you to unlock your car and start it then put it in gear? That's how fast a good thief can be gone. These jack offs have it down to a science. The only reason mine took 3 minutes we figure is because first someone drove by before he could get in and once he was in he had to find the kill switch, whitch he did. 3 Minutes!
By the way thieves know about kill switches and look for them. Don't rely on just that! The question is after you try to outsmart them, and they still find your kill switch, bypass your alarm, and airlift your car out then what?
LoJack is only around $600 and GPS systems are similar price range.
Some of the parts we buy for our cars are that much and easily more.
GET PROTECTED!

Dammit!DO NOT LEAVE THESE CARS UNATTENDED.........ANYWHERE!!!!.We all know how easy they are to steal.If they want the car they will get it...period.No matter how many alarms,kill switches,collars you put on 'em.Let's try to keep the ones that are left intact and not chopped up and sold for parts on Craigslist and E-bay.Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now........

Ever time yourself on how long it takes you to unlock your car and start it then put it in gear? That's how fast a good thief can be gone. These jack offs have it down to a science. The only reason mine took 3 minutes we figure is because first someone drove by before he could get in and once he was in he had to find the kill switch, whitch he did. 3 Minutes!
By the way thieves know about kill switches and look for them. Don't rely on just that! The question is after you try to outsmart them, and they still find your kill switch, bypass your alarm, and airlift your car out then what?
LoJack is only around $600 and GPS systems are similar price range.
Some of the parts we buy for our cars are that much and easily more.
GET PROTECTED!

Shoot, I hear in some instances Lojack isn't worth jack...if the PD in your area doesn't have it or doesn't care...

Great news the police found the car pretty much unharmed with the thief at the wheel. Car is back and the thief is hopefully getting rogered in his jail cell.:eek: I will let John give the details, but the car is back running like new and in pretty good condition.

Thanks guys.

Aaron

Good to see he got the car back.
Nice color, I'd hate to think some turd was cutting it up and parting it out.

FYI I work at a car dealership and Have a good friend who worked for the state police vehicle theft/gang unit and is now a private security man, he tells me a good theif has a signal sensor/jammer and gps/lojack don't mean sheit they can locate the transmitter point and destroy it in about 30 sec or copy the signal to a offsite location and be gone anyway, thats the way the high dallor theives opperate. sometimes they will brake into your car figure out what it has, close it up so you don't know and come back for it after they get a better game plan or have it towed.
Only way is to slow them down with things like denver boot, hightemp, aircraft cable and gaurged carbon lock (hard to cut without torch, keep it in your view and out of the view of others, if you park at home use a motion sensor with interior of house alarm when it goes off.or park it in garage and cover your garage windows so people cannot see in. if you must leave it outside under a cover remove the battery and ecm or ecm prom, unhook several items fuel pump, relays and such take them with you ! Don't brag on your car to people you don't know just act like is a old pos and it has alot of problems, if people ask questions like what it run or what do you have done, (just exhaust, or not bad for 230,000 on stock engine)
me and the guy across the street always look out for each other as he has a cobra, Now I'm no John Wayne but I will shoot you ! I will try to aim for your legs but I ain't making promisses.;) If I'm not home your not taking my car without , a tow truck ,torches, a fukcload of guts and I can watch you do it, Internet simulcast day/night security camera, expensive but worth it heck I even found out it was deer that kept knocking over my trash cans not racoons:eek:

that is amazing they found it. i have had a couple stolen out here. one was found stripped a year and a half later in stockton and the other one i have still hasnt been recovered and it was stolen in 05.

Great News! Please buy a COLLAR CUFF & USE IT! Even if I am going into my local store for a Sub Hereo Sandwich I cuff my T.

Back