'90 9c1 Th200-4r

morgsie

Hi, I have a question about the 200-4R's that came in the late 80's Caprice cop cars. I have located one out of a '90 9C1 and was wondering they came with a more performance-geared valve body. I have not bought it yet, so I do not have it in my possession to check unfortunately. I've read that supposedly they have some of the same upgraded parts as the GN 200-4R's came with. Is there any truth to this? I know the cop car 700's were given special treatment, so I would assume the 200-4R's were aswell. I am hoping someone has experience with a 200-4R out of a 9C1.

Thank you,
morgsie

Once you get it Facing the rear of the trans on the right will have a tag what code is on it?

My understanding that the OZ and BRF ar ethe best 2 factory spec'd trannys out there BRF 86-87 Turbo regals and OZ being he H/O's cutlass.

Im sure someone will chime in with teh code off of the top of their head.

Nothing special burt great calibration and platform for tranplants and build ups.Uses feed bleed forward piston,newer accumulator housing,690 pump body etc.

I can get the transmission and 5.0L, with TBI harness and ECU (which I need for another project). Do you think that is a good deal? 136 000 KM (~86 000 miles) on it too.

you can buy a whole running car for $500.
and i've never heard of a 200-4r in any of the 9C1, taxi's, or wagons- every one i've ever seen has had a 700r4 in them. not saying they don't exist or anything- but i've never seen one.

Well, being a 9C1 enthusiast and actually looking under the car, it's a TH200-4R. Let's not forget that any B-body with an Olds motor and OD would have come with a TH200-4R. I think it's a pretty good deal because I can actually drive the car and see how it runs and, as I said, I need the motor and TBI harness for another project.