You can type here any text you want

98 Octane for chip? Is that a misprint?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
I received my new extender extreme chip yesterday. On the front of the instructions, where it says Octane, the number 98 is written in. I don't know if it is a misprint or if I got the wrong chip. Octane around here is 92. Mike won't be available until Monday and i would like to install it this weekend. Is that how they indicate that I have alky? I have alky. Maybe Bob Bailey will see this and respond. Thanks.

What translator are you running. MOst Extremes are shipped as 98 octane chips because they are usually installed with either a Translator (+) or GENII,
both of which have timing controls that should allow you to pull the timing back for street use.

What translator are you running. MOst Extremes are shipped as 98 octane chips because they are usually installed with either a Translator (+) or GENII,
both of which have timing controls that should allow you to pull the timing back for street use.

Just the regular translator. What should I do now?

answered your email a few hours ago.

All our alky chips are "98 octane" so you are good to go. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Bob

Back