You can type here any text you want

A 15 mile TTA on ebay for $30k

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
saw that this morning.

no dealer prep and delivered straight from the plant? then 15 miles is a lot of trips up and down the driveway ;)

Originally posted by j13smiley
saw that this morning.

no dealer prep and delivered straight from the plant? then 15 miles is a lot of trips up and down the driveway ;)

Well the manufactur may have started it and did tests. My mom works at the H2 plant and they start EVERY H2 off the line and drive it through their parking lot and probably put about a mile on it just through the lot.

I think I might go look at this car. I dunno it's like a 2 hour drive but it would be neat to see. I would wanna take my car and compare some things. Anyone else in the area like to go? If other people would want to meet up and go eat or something then I would definatley do it.

If the car was still under MSO (Manufactures Statement of Origin) it would be more interesting!

I do like the protective material on the T-Tops!

- Dave

Something tells me both of these guys are dreaming if they think they can get those prices for the car, but I could be wrong. If the second one isn't much above $20k then it might happen. $30k plus for the first one? No way.

I own what has to be one of the cleanest most perfect unmolested Turbo T/A's out there and can't get $15,000 for it, only has 27,000 miles on it. I hope these two have better luck than I have.

David Buschur

26,000 used car miles vs 15 new car miles ? the 15 mile car is for a collector only !
But I would pay to see someone pull up with the cash buy it rip the plastic off pour some xylene in it in his driveway and do the craziest smokey burnout sideway out the driveway and down the road.... say.....$20.00:D

The floor in the garage of #2 is too shiny. You would never see the oil leaking out of the TTA. Delorians are the biggiest piece of monkey doo I have ever seen. My friend had one. Built by drunken Irishmen:D England paided to have the plant built in Ireland to keep the natives busy.

Well, I bought mine from a collector and it had 5k miles on it 3 years ago and the guy thought I was nuts to take off in it and drive 1,300 miles back home! and I paid just under that $15k you were asking for yours :) Its got about 14k on the clock now and I wouldn't take less than $20k for it now. Some may think thats too high, but I've seen a few with more miles than these 2 for sale go for around $22-24k. I think for a collector, $30k for a 15 mile one is a good deal, GM sold 1550 of them for more than that 15 years ago before they were a legend so $30k in todays dollars is a bargain.

rob - you ever want to get rid of the '79... that car is next on my list. i was looking for a '79 anniv 4 speed or an 89 tta.... i found the tta first so i bought it. you ever want to sell that '79 you let me know ;)

Originally posted by j13smiley
rob - you ever want to get rid of the '79... that car is next on my list. i was looking for a '79 anniv 4 speed or an 89 tta.... i found the tta first so i bought it. you ever want to sell that '79 you let me know ;)
My plan is that one or both the 10th and or the 20th are going to be for sale in 2-3 years. Got all 3 anniv TAs now and its too much, and I've had the Gn too long to get rid of it. My wife will need a new car in 2-3 years and I want to make her 95 TA into a road racer car for the curvey track and keep the GN for the 1/4 mile track.

The $30K is definitely pushing the market but it's not out of line for a collector car. You simply cannot compare a car that's really never been used against a car with any mileage. I don't care what mileage ...... 500 or 1,000 or 10,000. It doesn't matter what shape it's in, it's a used car vs. a new car from the collector perspective.

Unfortunately the demand for these cars isn't there, so even restoration for profit is a waste of time and money. You could fully restore one of these and not even recover your cost. So a pristine unused car is even more rare.

Maybe one of those ignorant auto jerks that watch the Barret-Jackson stuff on TV and have disposable income to burn will buy it.

FWIW- not too long ago GNX's couldn't recover their original selling price and now they are (apparently) booming. I doubt the TTA's will see this but you never know.

Dave - 5 years ago I looked at a 12K mile car for $18K and the guy couldn't get close to that. I believe he was down in the $15K range way back then!

You guys notice that?

on the second link, look at the first two pix.
the first one the pass seat has the plastic wrap on it, and there is no "pontiac" logo in the w/s.
the second pic the plastic wrap is off the seat and the "pontiac" logo is at the top of the w/s. weird.
still a very clean car.

Ken

Re: You guys notice that?

Originally posted by Pace 1989
on the second link, look at the first two pix.
the first one the pass seat has the plastic wrap on it, and there is no "pontiac" logo in the w/s.
the second pic the plastic wrap is off the seat and the "pontiac" logo is at the top of the w/s. weird.
still a very clean car.

Ken
hmm, the Fender emblems are off and the Pace car decals are off of the first pic too.....he must have took that pic right when he got the car because the dealers originally put those items on, they were not shipped that way. So he did part of the dealer prep...

Wow, really, there's a difference between a 15 mile new car and a car with 27,000 miles on it!?

No kidding.

Point is this car I have is just short of perfect and hasn't been modified. I can't believe the market is this Fu**** up with a car that had so few built.

My dad warned me, said Buick guys hate them because they have a Pontiac body and Pontiac guys hate them because they have a Buick engine.

I would say he was right, once again.

I am going to part it out. I think parting it out I can atleast sell it.

David Buschur

Re: Re: You guys notice that?

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
hmm, the Fender emblems are off and the Pace car decals are off of the first pic too.....he must have took that pic right when he got the car because the dealers originally put those items on, they were not shipped that way. So he did part of the dealer prep...
Mine didn't have either put on. The fender emblems on most came later and the dealer was to call the owner so they could install them. The decals were owner preference if the dealer didn't install them already. My emblems and decals were still in the owner's box when I bought the car.

I love low mile cars that they've been pampaered. I'd get it.. mod the hell out of it.. run it to the ground.. then go get another one and do the same.

Stock is so lame.. what a waste of a very special vehicle.. dunno how long i'll live.. but I sure aint doing it by waxing some car for 10 years so somebody else can go and kill it.

Mines at 28k miles, perfect paint and interior.. big deal... I might go ahead and put the cage in it in the fall. I dont care. its not a 300,000 Rolls.. or.. its a 20,000 car... When its a Yenko.. or Motion.. hey I know.. put a HEMI in it.

Keep em in the garage waxing them.. i'll be soon coming to buy it.

For cheaps...

;)

Originally posted by david buschur
Wow, really, there's a difference between a 15 mile new car and a car with 27,000 miles on it!?

No kidding.

Point is this car I have is just short of perfect and hasn't been modified. I can't believe the market is this Fu**** up with a car that had so few built.

My dad warned me, said Buick guys hate them because they have a Pontiac body and Pontiac guys hate them because they have a Buick engine.

I would say he was right, once again.

I am going to part it out. I think parting it out I can atleast sell it.

David Buschur

Dave - I'm not busting your stones, I'm just saying the market sucks for these cars. Do I think your car is worth that money? Sure I do. But the market doesn't. Who would pay $15K for a 27K mile car when they could pay $12K for one with 1/2 the mileage?
And yes, I'd pay $30K for a 15 mile car before I paid $15K for a 27K one.

I don't care if you vent on me, but go vent on Pontiac and all the so-called f-body lovers that don't even want to know about these cars.

Nobody got f'd more than me. I don't even want to say what paid for mine and the motor went before I even put 1 mile on the car. I'm so disgusted I'm considering not even putting the car back together.

Please don't take it personally.

Back