You can type here any text you want

A 15 mile TTA on ebay for $30k

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Razor

Stock is so lame.. what a waste of a very special vehicle..
;)

Yeah and then 20 years out everyone is arguing about what the cars were really like and the few people who kept them stock are being asked a million questions, asked for pictures and getting ogled over at car shows.

For that matter, you could buy a load of GTA's for $1k each and find all the junk TR's that hitting the grave and build a pseduo one for next to nothing.

To each their own, but unfortunately on these lists that means there is only one opinion that's acceptable. I guess the Model T was a waste, the 64 Mustang, the 57 T-Bird, the split window Vette....on and on.

Whatever.....

Originally posted by david buschur
Wow, really, there's a difference between a 15 mile new car and a car with 27,000 miles on it!?

No kidding.

Point is this car I have is just short of perfect and hasn't been modified. I can't believe the market is this Fu**** up with a car that had so few built.

My dad warned me, said Buick guys hate them because they have a Pontiac body and Pontiac guys hate them because they have a Buick engine.

I would say he was right, once again.

I am going to part it out. I think parting it out I can atleast sell it.

David Buschur

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I have seen on this site since I have been a member. Rather than parting out a collector car with 27K miles why not just lower your price to make it more attractive to the current market or just keep it til the market goes back up on them. The amount of work it would take to part the car out is worth some money because of the time it takes. Just lower your price to $13,500 or so and I bet it sells.

Mark, i'm just playing devils advocate.

20 years from now... i'll be saying man that car was so fast at the track.. when gasoline was available. hey its whatever floats your boat.

You buy a POS GTA for 1k, spend 3000 painting it, GN drivetrain 3000, getting correct TTA specific stuff like.. heads, headers, crossmember, drive shaft, IC and scoop, power steering, AC, tranny lines, wire harness, you'll end up spending 12k plus and the car has a bazzillion miles.. and not counting labor. Then you go sell it.. its a GTA and only worth 3000.00

I'd rather give David 15K for his.. no worries.. mod and enjoy it. Put 60,000 miles on, race it, thrash it, put it back to original, sell it for 8k when i'm done.. and it sells way faster. If the TTA's sold for more than the Buicks.. maybe have a different lite. At least i'll be willing to take the car out of the garaje where 80% of them are.. drive it, show it, and do what few do.. enjoy it... cuase theyre affraid of putting miles on it.

Its just a car. Dont get me wrong, I love these cars.. but in the end.. no emotional attachment.

wow Im surprised Dave.. Those cars is incredible. Im a Buick guys and I'd love one:)

ps, remember me..?? From the early 90's?? In the DSM world??

Frank Szymkowski..

Originally posted by david buschur
Wow, really, there's a difference between a 15 mile new car and a car with 27,000 miles on it!?

No kidding.

Point is this car I have is just short of perfect and hasn't been modified. I can't believe the market is this Fu**** up with a car that had so few built.

My dad warned me, said Buick guys hate them because they have a Pontiac body and Pontiac guys hate them because they have a Buick engine.

I would say he was right, once again.

I am going to part it out. I think parting it out I can atleast sell it.

David Buschur

My perspective is do whatever you want to the car, its your car, enjoy it. I too appreciate that someone keeps a car sitting in theor garage for years, so that I can buy a 10 or 20+ year old car brand new!
As far as modifying it, I have a few I can modifiy already, so I like the TTA as is, and will be ready to sell it in the future...and of course for resale, a stocker will always bring more $$ than a modified one. And the more that get modified and driven, then the less 100% stockers then are left and maybe someday the price on those stockers will go up. So, if you have a TTA, go ahead and do what makes you happy, if thats modifiying it, then to each their own, if you want to part it out, fine, that will be one less TTA around to make mine more rare :)

Saw a Monster Garage show where Jesse James chopped up a very rare mint condition Chevelle I think it was, and the Chevelle lovers went nuts that he was destroying a piece of history...while others said great, now there's one less Chevelle of this model, which makes mine go up in value.

So is the issue all bout $$$?

Great.. guys.. dont modify your TTA's.. keep them 100% original..they'll be worth more :D :D :D

I always pay top dollar for a top condition car ;)

Glad the 95% of owners havent ridden in an 11 second TTA.. :eek:

I guess it just depends on what you like to do. I like going fast. Others like to collect, and keep the car as pristine as possible. It's hard for us fast guys to relate to the collectors sometimes. When I die, I want to know that I had as much fun as I could with the car. And fun to me is racing. If I blow that thing up at the track the day I die, I will be a happy man!:D It's also fun to go to the track and beat cars that you should never beat with an '89 f-body. I love destroying Z06's, and the like with a car that is supposed to be slow. Sounds weird, but I think it's cool. I agree with Rob D. and some of the others. It's your car, do what ever you want to do with it.:cool:

Mark i'm with ya.

But if money were the deal, why not buy an 89 GTA in white and put the TTA badges on it? Hell your not going to run it.. they both wax the same.. and look the same.. Seats may be a little different.. nobody will know.

Ohh I get it, buy the fastest car in the 80's, but dont run it fast..dont even drive it cuase of that nasty odometer.

My favorite quote.. " I really love the car, but dont want to put miles on it" conversation I had with a 4200 mile TTA owner.

or on Ebay.. "Its not my favorite.." car had 722 miles on the odo

Just stirring the pot. ;)

I think it's a little petty to judge someone harshly for the particular resons they enjoy owning their car or what their car is worth to them.

I have opinions too, but I don't feel obligated to share them at the expense of offending someone else. It's really one reason that I don't like boards very much. People tend t osay things they might think twice about otherwise.

I hope the guy gets every penny he wants and that the buyer enjoys the car. Isn't that what it's all about anyway?

Tracey, good point. Listen this is not about being harsh, or rude. we're just owners expressing opinions.

If someone wants to collect a car, and take care of it.. why not. Same arguement can be made of those wanting to restore a TTA. Its a nice car to do so to. No matter the expense.

This thread kinds belongs in the lounge, just having some fun. Its kinda like good cop/bad cop.. I care a lot about my TTA, otherwise it would be sitting outdoors under a tree and not in a nice 2 car garaje by itself.

Dont be afraid to express your opinions, after all.. the more those are expressed, the more we learn about you. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. If we all were afraid in offending someone, there would practically be no posts on this board.

My posts on this thread were done to insite thoughts, not attack anyone personally. If I have offended someone, my appologies. It wasnt the intention.

Peace ;)

Killa6,

Actually the dumbest post would have to be yours. Mind your business, if you are so worried about what I do with one of MY cars then step right up and buy it. You'll have to buy it from it's new owner though, as I just about GAVE it away. Glad it's gone.

Now there are two T-types in my garage, both of them ride good, something Pontiac should have thought about.

David Buschur

Well it looks like there was 1 taker for $30k but it didn't meet the sellers reserve, wonder what he was wanting?

Rob,
I emailed them for more pictures and they were not willing to send them. They would have to provide a whole lot more indormation and documentation before some one would get serious about it. I can not even find out if it is an MSO car???

The reserve must be out of this world! :eek:

Dave

Originally posted by davege
Rob,
I emailed them for more pictures and they were not willing to send them.
A lazy seller to top it off. How does anyone think they are going to sell something for that kind of money and not put any effort into it? I wouldn't want to buy anthing from someone with that type of attitude. I'm sure he got bombbarded with emails and questions but what does he expect when its posted on the web, thats life.

Back