You can type here any text you want

A buddy's turbo Mustang

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dusty Bradford

Here's a pic of the Mustang that my friend Alan Kennedy of Performance Fuel Systems owns. I've been helping iron out some tuning issues and we've got a 5.46 at 131 out of it at only 20# of boost. It weighs around 3200# and is a 347 A4 combo, Fox Lake Stage 3 TFS highports and a Y2k 82mm on it with a very small liquid intercooler in the nose. It looks like a 5.80 car tops with the little intercooler. We feel it's too small because we can't get more than 21# through it without the inlet temps sky rocketing. A bigger cooler and an 85 or 88mm is next.

This pic was from a track day last weekend at Montgomery. He ran it out the back on radials and went 8.64 at 161 on 19# of boost with only a 5.57 1/8th.

Thanks to Mind's Eye for the photo

Attachments

• Alan1.jpg
    Alan1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 487
Nice launch pic Dusty! Sounds like a strong running car that will only get faster with the cooler and turbo swap.. Just what we need, another fast Radial Mustang:rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

Dusty, are how much better are the Air to Liquid intercoolers? i have heard much better for high horespower pwer cars like mine and yours? iVE HEARD YOU CAN RUN LESS BOOST THAN A REAL GOD AIR TO AIR AND MAKE A GOOD AMOUNT MORE POWER.

It's still a pushrod motor....It's a 2000 Mustang with the 03Cobra nose and hood.

Quint. He went through the traps at 93*. A liquid is better in the heat but on a cool day a good front mount will be the same temps as a liquid. My intercooler pump is too small but I go through the lights at 110* on a 1/4 mile pass. Tony Gomes has a front mount and his temps are cooler than mine. With the right size liquid cooler and pump a liquid can get to 70* on a 1/4 pass. I'll be upgrading my pump this winter. This can give your car winter time et's in the summer. You just have to be careful not to chill your liquid cooler too much in the humidity of the south or you'll condense water on the inside of your cooler and the motor will suck it in when you go WOT.

It's still a pushrod motor....It's a 2000 Mustang with the 03Cobra nose and hood.

Quint. He went through the traps at 93*. A liquid is better in the heat but on a cool day a good front mount will be the same temps as a liquid. My intercooler pump is too small but I go through the lights at 110* on a 1/4 mile pass. Tony Gomes has a front mount and his temps are cooler than mine. With the right size liquid cooler and pump a liquid can get to 70* on a 1/4 pass. I'll be upgrading my pump this winter. This can give your car winter time et's in the summer. You just have to be careful not to chill your liquid cooler too much in the humidity of the south or you'll condense water on the inside of your cooler and the motor will suck it in when you go WOT.

DUSTY WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO CAR SHOWS (OR WHEN YOU DID) IN THE SUMMER HOW LONG COULD YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE STREET BEFORE THINGS GET TOO HOT? IM ASSUMING THE AIR/AIR WILL BE BETTER FOR SUMMER CRUSING? NO?

DUSTY WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO CAR SHOWS (OR WHEN YOU DID) IN THE SUMMER HOW LONG COULD YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE STREET BEFORE THINGS GET TOO HOT? IM ASSUMING THE AIR/AIR WILL BE BETTER FOR SUMMER CRUSING? NO?

The only thing that got too hot is the fuel pump. It's a 2035 Weldon and after about 25 minutes the fuel is very hot. I don't run the intercooler pump on the street. I have seen people use heater core's or radiators from an ATV with a small fan attached to run liquid intercoolers on the street for long drives.

Motor temp in the summer never got over 205 at a stop light.

Ive got a liquid IC on my TTA. and did a test sunday, it was about 50 here and temps cruising around were 55 to 65 after IC depending on speeds. at 70mph they stayed at 58. I did two WOT from 70mph to 140 at 18psi and peaked was 83 degrees. Then took about 2 minutes to come back to under 65deg.

Back