A/F ration readings

JSD69Vette

I haven't had the chance to really run this car for the last couple years and just started to get it back out. I've just replaced both O2 sensors as I thought they were giving me bad reads. The A/F ratios continue to read b/t 14.5 and 15.5 hot idle and light cruising. I've tried adding fuel in the main scale page of the Trans + and still get the same readings. Haven't been able to get the car out for WOT pulls to log runs on the PL so don't know if I have during high load.

Any thoughts, something to worry about?

Thanks.

At idle and cruise those numbers seem about right.... Stoichiometric for gas is 14.7:1 and it should bounce a little.....seems perfect to me.... NOW AT WOT... that is a totally different thing.....what kinda readings did you get and do you have a knock detector or guage?

aaron

Royal makes a good point. If you're trying to add fuel during cruise or idle the computer will take it right back out again via the INT and BLM because the computer's running in closed loop. 14.7 is ideal for idle and cruise and is what the NBO2 is for. Once you go to WOT, then the NBO2 is out of the picture and the WBO2 takes over.

ok, this should put me on the right track. I'll leave the it as is and start the process of tuning for no knock at WOT. Yes, I do have most of the bells a whistles for engine management.

Thanks!